1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

good news for a change .

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by odinslad, Sep 26, 2010.

1. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

Well for a change their is some good news regarding dogs , i would call jake A TRUE GAME DOG

26 September 2010 Last updated at 11:50
    Share this page

Rottweiler honoured for stopping Coventry sex attacker

[​IMG] Jake, pictured with owners Ian and Liz Maxted-Bluck, was honoured in Shrewsbury
    A two-year-old Rottweiler has been recognised for his bravery after he saved a woman from a sex attacker.
    The dog, named Jake, chased off the man as he molested a woman on Hearsall Common, Coventry, in July 2009.
    Jake, who stood guard over the victim until police arrived, received his honour at an RSPCA event in Shrewsbury.
    The attacker was convicted of serious sexual assault and jailed for four years.
    Jake, who was honoured at the Prostar Stadium at an RSPCA conference on Saturday, was nominated by police for the bravery award and medallion after the incident.
    Continue reading the main story “Start Quote

Dogs should never be judged simply by their breed, and Jake certainly proves this point”
    End Quote Glenn Mayoll RSPCA Coventry Animal Centre
    Det Con Clive Leftwich, from Coventry police station, said: "From our point of view Jake the Rottweiler stopped a serious sexual assault from becoming even worse."
    Liz Maxted-Bluck, who rescued Jake from an RSPCA home in December 2008, said: "He is such a lovely natured dog and is very nosey so I think that was why he went to investigate that day when he heard the screams.
    "After I called the police, he stayed alert and close to us like he was guarding us.
    "It is brilliant that he is receiving this award from the RSPCA, I am really proud."
    Glenn Mayoll, manager of RSPCA Coventry Animal Centre, said it was "immensely proud" of Jake.
    He added: "This story just goes to show that a rescue dog can be a great addition to any family."

2. odinslad

odinslad Big Dog

Dogs should never be judged simply by their breed, and Jake certainly proves this point”

THE BEST QUOTE OF THE DAY.:)

3. blanch

blanch Big Dog

shame it was from a hypocritical shit stain who works for the RSPCA.

4. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Good story:)