1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Getting them ready for the upcoming hunting season.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AGK, Sep 12, 2013.

1. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

lol i understand..Id get butterflies man..Just like bfore a football game..Crazy.I still hunt but dont get the butterflies no more lol.

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

You can see it in a mans eyes how serious he is about it..Or at least I can..I watched a video a while back of Dale Earnhardt SR hunting .Cant even remember what he was hunting.But he had that total Predator look in his eyes.

3. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

I go trout and small bass fishing in PA in the summer, a good friend has a log cabin. The night before I am up like a little kid rods and new bait ready to go.
    I love being outdoors and enjoying nature. Trout are vicious in PA!

4. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

We do have some prime fishing and hunting in PA. You ever go out for our Steelhead 87? That's a great time. They smash your bait/lure and take the fuck off.... lol

5. 87buick

87buick Top Dog

Got to try it, i love prey fish! I want to go to Florida and do a charter once the kids get older.

6. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

AGK ill tell you something interesting.Hunting season comes in here Nov 14th thru Jan 31st and thats just rifle season.Bow season not included.This year came in like always Nov 14th.But now they closeing it Dec 1st thru Dec 10th and it reopens Dec 11th.And what they did instead of it closing Jan 31st they added those 10 days back to the end.So it doesnt close till Feb 10th..I am sure you know what that means.You should see alot bigger bucks killed in Alabama now.Personally I am on the fence I am not sure this is the right thing to do.People give up on hunting season too early.The biggest deer I have killed was on the last day of hunting season.What i wish they would have done with it was just add a muzzle loading season for the last 10 days of the season instead of rifle.I just think thats fair.You get one shot at the big one hit or miss.I think you need those big healthy bucks to reproduce and keep a healthy deer population.I wont be hunting mine after the 31st and if I have to fence my property in thats what ill do.I think its a mistake on the state of Alabama.I mean everybody knows those big boys are a lil stupid during rut and will do shit they normally wouldnt.

7. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Our gun season is only 2 weeks long. archery starts in late September and goes until the Saturday before the start of the gun season then opens back up a week or 2 after the gun season till mid February. We have antler restrictions here and in the last ten years you really notice the size of the racks getting bigger because a legal deer in my Wildlife Management Unit is 3 points on one side not counting the brow tine so basically you can only shoot an 8 point or higher. My son was able to take that spike only because this is his last year as a Jr hunter. I don't trophy hunt, I would like a 10 point buck like anyone else but I am more in it for the meat than the trophy.

p.s. I love hunting the rut, your right, them bucks are in their own world during the rut. ;)

8. Nester

Nester Pup

i feel the same way cable guy ;)