1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

getting males neutered?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bigsho, Dec 27, 2004.

1. bigsho

bigsho Pup

my vet reccomended getting my 8 mo. old male neutered. she said the prostate is enlarged which is not harmful right now but will be in the future. does anyone have any input on this? does my vet just want the money?
    i have no intentions to breed him. i just wanna know if this will affect the way that he grows b/c hes still a pup. the vet says the sooner the better or should i wait a few more months? any input appreciated... BIGSHO

2. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

Since you have no intentions of breeding - go ahead and get him neutered. If you are worried about your vet "wanting your money" - I WOULD SWITCH VETS! If you can't trust them then get a second opinion. The only disadvantage (some would think) is his "manhood" size :o . In the long run his health will benefit.

3. Classic

Classic Big Dog

I would get a second opinion and then a third ONLY if I were considering breeding him.

In this case you are not so you have absolutely nothing to lose, but the health of your dog.