1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Getting felons out of the picture.

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by kensloft, May 15, 2010.

1. kensloft

kensloft Big Dog

There is a great story on dogs that are used by criminals and felons as weapons and security. The enactment of this legislation would make inroads into having pit bulls being owned by felons. Note the picture of a Pit Bull guarding the house on the porch.:dogkiss:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/15/us/15dogs.html?hp

2. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

definitely against this idea.

3. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

me too.if your selling dope and hidding behind a dog expect it to be shot.getting a felon is easy and dont mean your not fit to own any breed of dog.

4. Jelet

Jelet Banned

this .

5. Boy-boy 416

Boy-boy 416 Big Dog

man thats some billshit people are gonna do what their gonna do if their sellin dope you think there gonna be worried about having an illegal dog these dumb ass bills they keep tryna pass dont ever help shit and effect the wrong people (I'm not a felon or a dope dealer but bullshit is bullshit)

6. TJRED

TJRED Pup

Sounds like a waste of tax payers money and I would like to see what they determine to be a “potentially vicious” dog. What a joke.

7. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

It'd just be one more rung in the ban ladder.

8. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

so if they cant ban the dog they gonna ban the owners? WOW these jokers done lost it:mad:

9. kensloft

kensloft Big Dog

Listen. The article is about removing felons that are using animals to carry out their crimes not just drug selling felons.

One of the greatest allies of the BSL idiots are the criminals that abuse their animals so that they can have vicious animals about to protect their businesses. Pit Bulls have the reputation that they have because there are people that will abuse them and this is much to the detriment of responsible dog lovers and owners of the breed. It is built on the myths of these dogs being bred because they are genetically predisposed to violent behaviour.

It is removing the rights of felons that use their dogs for such purposes to own dogs. Not specific breeds of dogs but dogs in general. These types of people that own pit bulls don't give a damn whether or not the animals are put out of existence because they will just move on to the next breed that suits their purposes. With this mentality being prevalent the pits don't stand a chance to continue their existence on earth.

What is heartening is that people are finally coming to terms with the fact that it is the owner and not the dog that is causing the violent episodes that fill the pages of news organizations' output of pro-BSL bullpoop.

For years people have been saying, "Bad dog? Bad owner!" People are realizing that that is the problem. Not the breed. That is what is nice about this article. Criminals of any ilk that use dogs to further their criminal enterprises should not be allowed to own dogs. If they are allowed to continue to own dogs then that is like taking away their gun and then watching them go into a gun shop to buy another gun. If the police take away your gun for criminal activity then you aren't allowed to go out and get another one which makes sense to me.:dogkiss:

10. brindlexpitt

brindlexpitt Top Dog

you can be a felon here for a bad check. sorry but this is a step in the wrong direction.

11. XXLbully

XXLbully Big Dog

breeds that are said dangerous in my country can't be walked or owned by a felon.

12. simms

simms CH Dog

A Felony is a Felony. The laws in the usa will not distingquish between what type of felony one has recieved. This is a guise. because if one goes out and gets a DUI, you can not own a APBT. Dont be fooled ppl!

13. Kristi

Kristi Big Dog

way too easy to get a felony. I see nothing but trouble if something like this goes through. A criminal will get what he wants one way or another. He doesn't need to go to a breeder or the petshop. He'll just snag some pup out of a backyard if he has too.

14. Robber

Robber Big Dog

I don't see a pit bull in the picture... it is some strange blue-grey colored dog :D

15. Yeah are you all aware dogfighting is a felony. But I have had manufacturing charges dropped twice (marijuana). If you commit a felony save your first 5k you make from it for a good lawyer. You'll never be convicted if you are aware of your rights and state laws, and can afford a top notch crimal defense attorney. The cops finally gave up on me. and if not I have more than enough $$ enough to bail out and get an atorney. If a lawyer can't handle it I lose my bail and relocate to beautiful canada.

16. Zeuceone

Zeuceone Pup

Oh I see because once a criminal is charged, they never commit another crime. So of course this new law will keep them in check. Lol

17. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Apparently Felon means one thing to some, Bad Criminal with no chance of redemption.

I don't agree with this idea. It's saying that not a one will turn their life around, we don't believe you will, so no more dogs for you. That's not including the other reasons mentioned, that the concept doesn't differentiate between violent felons and non violent ones.

I guess the fact that they use "criminals" to rehab dogs in the prison system doesn't count either. You may save this dog but you can't have one of your own? Cow Patties!

Just keep adding more and more laws and soon enough you won't be able to sneeze in public without getting charged with attempted murder by disease. Then no dogs for you either...:cool: