1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Getting A hyper dog

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by chucho, May 5, 2010.

1. chucho

chucho Big Dog

A friend of mine cant handle his APBT any more. He says shes way to hyper even after a long walk or run she just wont stop. Is there any competion shows I might be able to put her in if I get her? I want to get involved in shows but from what I have read I need to have ped p/w is that true? I realy dont wont to wast my time with any dog if I cant get them involved. I'll rather save my pennys and get A dog from A respectable breeder.

2. IMPACT631

IMPACT631 Top Dog

does teh dog have papers?
    adba aadr ukc?

3. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

What will happen to the dog since he doesnt want it and you dont want it if its not papered? :(

Maybe he should have researched a bit before getting one, they are dogs that need so much more work then most other breeds.

4. chucho

chucho Big Dog

I just got off the phone with my friend and he told me that she was used for weight pull but since he got her for free the previous owner did not hand him over any p/w. She has an extremely high pray drive and is tanacious as hell. I know if he cant home her I'll end up having her anyways. But I would like to find A "gameness" show like the ones I have read about in Europe and seen on youtube.

5. Jelet

Jelet Banned

You need paper work if you want to enter it in pointed competitions; treadmill races or weight pull etc. Unless you go to a "fun show event" where paperless dogs can compete... but those fun show competitions seem boring.

so i wouldnt get that paperless dog if i was you.

[​IMG]

6. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

My drink nearly came out my nose :rofl:

7. chucho

chucho Big Dog

THAT'S FUNNY! LMFAO.Bert looks like a tweeker.:panicsmiley:
    You messed me up with that one JELET
    So fun shows would be the only thing for this dog huh?
    Oh well.

8. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

Unpaperd dogs can compete in fun shows, obedience, rally, agility and French ring..

9. chucho

chucho Big Dog

Right on, I'll look into those shows and hopfully be able to do something with her if I end up having her here at home. Thanks :)

10. AGame

AGame CH Dog

Hand written PED FTW i own 0 adba reg dogs they could be but are not

11. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

Sometimes it is better that way.

12. lqaddict

lqaddict Big Dog

You have to look where the dog might belong, it is on dog to dog basis.

As an exampe, for APA WP you don't need a papered dog.

13. chucho

chucho Big Dog

I'll look into that. I hope I could find something around AZ,UT,CA,NV. I would not mind going to check one out. Thanks

14. lqaddict

lqaddict Big Dog

15. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

if you will have the time and commitment to really work the crap out of this dog it should be in good hands and possibly a good bond. Some of these dogs running will not be enough there are plenty of ways to exercise and work these dogs. If you truly want a dog for papers then your already on my bad side :p I own a paperless apbt and I am already dreading the day she will no longer be with me she's worth every time and effort and $ to me I could care less about having papers for her that doesn't stop us from working both ourselves out to the fullest potential.

16. chucho

chucho Big Dog

I'am not just into A dog with papers, I was just trying to inquire if I needed papers to get involved in any shows with this dog. I think she will be good at agility and weight pull. All I have been doing latley is helping people home unwanted pits, I have 3 of my own and they are not papered and I couldn't see my self giving them up just because of that.

17. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

youre givin me a heart attack dude, this is the best post on this board

18. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

good man then well I was not contradicting if you were in it just for that but just reassuring that's all, well good luck then! do you think you will possibly be keeping her? I hope she can find her permanent home wherever she lands.

19. chucho

chucho Big Dog

Yeah! I know if she cant find A home she will be in my back yard. The last thing I would want is for her to end up in the pound and get put down. So she will be here waiting for A fun show to hit near by so we could attend.