1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

georgia club

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by Madusa, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

i was just wondering if there is anyone out there in georgia that is willing to help start and continue to run a club for our state, i already talked to the adba and have the info on the way, but from what they told me it is a huge undertaking and i'll need others to help. i would love to be able to have sanctioned shows for us, i have already contacted the fairgrounds in my county and they seem to have reasonable rates, but to have a sanctioned show we must first have the club to sponsor it. please let me know. thanks in advance.

2. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Well I don't live in Georgia so I can't help you out. But I was thinking you can help me. I was also interested in doing the same here. Ther was a club before but it is no longer in effect. If you will let me know what I have to do and the in's and out's. Good luck.

3. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

be glad to, i have ordered the adba start up kit, the basics are as follows: you must have at least 30 members to be sanctioned (therefore being able to host pointed shows), you then elect officers, open a bank account in the club name, set a constitution and by-laws and go from there. the info packet has all the info (so i'm told) and you can order it from the adba for $5.00. from what i understand it is alot of work, but i am willing to do it with a little help. also if you have a current club that is within 300 miles of you, you should get a letter of approval from them as a gesture of good will (not mandatory, but is highly suggested). i'll let you know more once i receive the packet.

4. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

thanks. oh how do i find out if there's another club in range.

5. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

check the adba site, it lists all currently active clubs.

6. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

I'll do that. Thanks.

7. Marty

Marty Guest

OK so how many members do we have that would be interested, that live in GA?

8. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

i currently have between 12 and 15 that will sign up right away, i also have people in northern florida that are willing to sign up. let's get this thing going.

9. dmd66

dmd66 Big Dog

you can put me down just let me know what i need to do. dee

10. Marty

Marty Guest

Well you can count on me shon & nancy.

11. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

thank you for all your support, i will be posting info as it is available, just wanted to make sure there was enough interest. we should have enough members to start having fun shows by mid to late summer. we will be required to have 2 fun shows before we can have a sanctioned show. i already have an adba judge that will be able to help with some judging.

12. This is a great idea - I would like to help any way possible if you still need people. I'm pretty sure that I would not be allowed to participate in any of the actual 'shows' simply because my pitty is neutered and from what I've heard 'fixed' animals are not allowed to compete in shows but I could still be helpful with many other aspects of a breed club as I have quite a bit of animal related (esp. dogs) background so let me know what - if anything- you need help with okay???

13. I live in alabama and would be interested as well.I dont mind traveling for close shows.

14. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

i will have all the info available late next week, i have received my packet and i am just trying to get it organized, thank you for your support. this club will be based on true game dogs of old, i have found this hard to find, but all apbt owners are welcome to participate no matter what registry they are with.

15. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

also, at my last count i have about 27 kennels and individuals willing to participate, so we are well on our way to having the 30 we need to have sanctioned shows.

16. Marty

Marty Guest

Did shon & I say we would help, I can't remember I'f not, we will be glad to help.

17. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

Thanks Marty for yours and Shon's Support, i feel we need to have a club that isn't run by staffie owners!

18. APBT

APBT Big Dog

I'm from alabama but right beside ga, I'll join and help :)

19. Yes! We'll help! I know some other people who would be interested, too. Just e-mail me
    Amanda (and Josh)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2005
  20. NuTtDoGg

NuTtDoGg Banned

This post is late but I want in. Im in Savannah