1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

genetic freak

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by DiMaSaLaNg, Jul 10, 2007.

1. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

2. jaystreetsA4

jaystreetsA4 Top Dog

wonder how tht dog would do on a weightpull track.

3. koening

koening Top Dog

i have seen this article on a nother post, it's very strange ... i don't know if the dog would do well on a weight pull contest, because for all that muscle, he still has a normal sized heart, lungs and so on, and i don't know if he would have the stamina .

4. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

Just wait, we're gonna get backyard breeders crossing bulldogs with whippets;)

5. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

i would be impreesed if he could squat and take a crap.

6. PrNc

PrNc Pup

7. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

Is that even a real dog I mean it dosent look real it has a small head but if it is dame.

8. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Looks like synthol inj or very bad roid abuse. Poor dog, but it also looks photo shoped. J

9. lunadogge

lunadogge Pup

The pic may be slightly enhanced, but this is a genetic mutation is only in homozygous dog with the myostatin gene from both parents. If the dog is heterozygous it is able to run faster then whippets not carring the gene.

Previous game-dog thread http://www.game-dog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22020 about he bully whippet

More pictures and info http://www.cobankopegi.com/blog/2007/06/bully-whippets-genetics.html

research paper http://www.genome.gov/25521028

http://www.thetech.org/genetics/news.php?id=52 check out the bottom of this article for a link to a baby with this myostatin mutation.

Attached Files:

10. If this is a true image, there can be two reasons:

1- Steroid Anabolic abuse;

2- Genetical rare problems, probably myostatin blocked, whatever in two probably cases the whole muscular is affected, as heart and another organs' muscles... poor dog, no way to have a normal live with that.

11. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

What's sad to me is that ppl mistake her for a pit bull! Just goes to show that the image of the "bully" is spreading like wildfire ...

12. I agree, here in Brazil there's two self called "great pit bull breeders" that are spreading that kind of useless "bullies" and "Olde Bulldogges" as working dogs... i saw one of this dogs in action... totally ridiculous and useless...

13. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

That dog is disgusting. D-Ball anyone?

14. WWII

WWII Banned

Dbol (Methandrostenolone) won't give that kind of definition;)

15. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

I think there is allready a thread about this,whatever the cause ,I'ts very sad and they should put that poor animal down.

16. PrNc

PrNc Pup

Big Wendy the muscular whippet
    Rare genetic mutation increases muscles, weight of sleek breed
    Kim WestadTimes Colonist

Monday, June 25, 2007

People mistake her for a pitbull with a pinhead, but Wendy the whippet is one rare breed.
    So rare that the Central Saanich dog recently graced the New York Times. She also had several of her photos shown on The Today Show, all because of a rare genetic mutation that has led to her being the Incredible Hulk of dogs.
    Wendy is a 27-kilogram rippling mass of muscle. Forget the so-called six-pack stomach: Wendy has a 24-pack. And the muscles around her neck are so thick, they look like a lion's ruff.
    "People have referred to her as Arnold Schwarzenegger," says doting owner Ingrid Hansen, stroking Wendy's sleek black coat and white chest.
    Wendy was recently part of a genetics study done in the U.S. on mutation in the myostatin gene in whippets, which resemble greyhounds in appearance. The National Institute of Health study reported that whippets with one single defective copy of the gene have increased muscle mass that can enhance racing performance in the breed, known for speeds up to 60 kilometres an hour.
    But whippets with two mutated copies of the gene become "double-muscled," like Wendy. It has been seen before in one human, and also in mice, cattle and sheep, says the study.
    The uber-muscled whippets are called "bullies," not because of their nature -- Wendy likes nothing better than a good back scratch and isn't shy about sitting in your lap to ask for one -- but because of their size. She's about twice the weight of an average whippet, but with the same height and small narrow head -- and the same size heart and lungs, which means she probably won't live as long as normal whippets.
    Hansen has had Wendy, now four, since she bought the dog from a Shawnigan Lake breeder when she was eight months old.
    Wendy landed in clover. She lives on an acreage, runs around with other dogs and horses, sleeps on Hansen's bed and pretty much anywhere else she wants to.
    People are often afraid when the muscle-bound dog runs up to them on her dainty whippet-thin legs, but they soon realize she's friendly, Hansen said.

© Times Colonist (Victoria) 2007

17. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

Thats nice it can still run and play like normal dogs,Still feel sorry for the poor thing:(

18. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

How mean ,poor thing ,it cant help how it looks!And you tell me to be nice?!?Shame on you!LOL!;)

19. Thanks about the article,

as I said, a myostatin gene problem.

20. highspeed

highspeed Pup

Hehe!

While methandrostenalone is not traditionally thought of as a cutting drug, it can be used for this purpose. Actually it's use would be more to maintain as much lean tissue as possible while consuming below maintenance calories. A beneficial side effect is that it tends to elevate one's mood which in turn leads to better workouts which of course leads to more fat loss and a ripped pooch.

Of course, it would take more than one drug to build the physique displayed by the dog in this thread. It would also take more than genetic manipulation. It would take....PHOTOSHOP!