1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Gameness vs. Mouth

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Dream Pits, Dec 15, 2009.

1. I'm new here. I'm not trying to make waves. But, I'm not new to these dogs. If your going to call someone an ass because he is a fan of the smart head dog, then you are calling a ton of people that have spent there lives with these dogs asses as well.

As far as the claims that he made about Stratten, that is what everyone always says because he wasn't hard core. I would recomend anyone that loves these dogs to read his books. I thought they were really well done and anything that is written about this great breed is a must for me.

2. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i wasnt tryin to speak for him, i was just explaining what i felt he meant in his posts. maybe got a little to into the heat of the debate. i still feel that a bulldog should be bred to WANT to be there in the [], & want to dismantle his opponent.
    but like lakewood said, different strokes for different folks.

as long as there game and do there job in the [], were all entitled to what we like to see.

3. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

agreed! lol we can continue this discussion later i gotta go swoop up my ol lady!

4. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

That post was for LWG sayin he wasn't attackin me. I love a dog that can compete. My favorite style is a Dog that goes straight into the mouth but I like any style as long as that dog can use it. You can't make no waves with me Lakewood, I enjoy your posts and agree with the ones I've read. Some of these guys know I ain't experienced yet but that don't mean I don't know nothin either. I know enough to know a head dog will frustrate and wear his oponent out and is just what it takes to whip that rough straight ahead dog. It's good to be opinionated but not always good to be closed minded to what works just because it's not what one person likes.

5. Thank you. I enjoy your posts as well.

6. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

lol lakewood because you really don't know what a true head dog is. well let me break it dow so you understand. during a match at some point they all hit the head no matter what style. they swop out,they look for open spot & hit it. now a true head dog stay on the ear or back of the head even if other spot are open standing or down don't matter it's on the head staying there. not doing any damage just defence. now bulldogs will ride it out when they have to hit open spot when available or create spot but there always looking to advance. even putting themselves in harmful situation as long as they can advance. now if bolio was a head dog he wouldn't have wrecked sonny's dogs same with pat's dogs because they had dogs that would adapt to ont trick pony's. they called bolio ACE not because he was a head dog but because he would adapt & look for way to finish.

7. Really? Ok Ben. i guess a dog that goes for the snout is not a head dog. The muzzle, the eyes the skull the ears the neck, the last time I checked they all were connected to the head.

All dogs collide into the head. All dogs swap out and go to other spots. i understand that as well. A true head dog will stay there and dismantle his opponet that way. The eyes the ears etc. Thus keeping his opponet away from vital areas.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2010
  8. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

redgoodbye don't get your panties in a bunch. i know why yardboy or whoever was so high on bolio & stryder & alot of his outlook is the same as most folks that take strattons book as gospel. because that was stressed all through out his books just how "smart" & they road all night till the cur came out. im i a fan of him hell no because them books got a lot of dogs & people fucked up.

9. Did you ever think that the Stratton book reference was one that every fan of this breed would be able to use. I don't think mentioning dogs that I've seen would be smart on an internet forum. What do you think Ben?

10. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

LOL the snout,eyes,skull, bro you must have seen some pretty shitty dogs.

11. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

no i don't because if you want reference you talk to the core. stratton is a story teller that's why he sold so many books.

12. Your right Ben. I'm sure that you saw Zebo against Greezer. Sorry about the Stratton reference.

Here is how I see it. Take the match reports about Chinaman. He was a hard chest dog. He could kill an opponent once he got there. Right? What did they bring to solve this? A dog that would ride the head and attack the muzzle. Chinaman had his muzzle destroyed and still came out on top. Why did they bring a head/muzzle dog? They brought that type because they thought that the head dog would be able to inflict enough punishment to win. They were wrong.

13. Ben Big Boy/Haunch. WHat was big boy? He was a rough head and face dog? Right or wrong?

14. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

the chest is a killing spot chinaman would hit his spot & finish you must have read he would move from one spot to the next. he was so good because he would break em down if one wasn't open he would come back later when it was open. so i guess there ain't really a debate because you just posted what happens when you bring a one trick pony to a show LOL

15. Ok. Now we are moving along. Why bring a head dog for Chinaman? WHy did they do that Ben? Why would you need a head dog for someone like the Awsome Beast? Please Ben. Call on your wealth of knowledge and your years of experience. I know you go back to the General Lee. Where you uncle Jessie?

16. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

LOL big boy went into a 9 year old haunch. & guess what he got cured out by a 9 year old bulldog. so i guess his own style frustrated big boy LOL.

17. Haunch got plastic surgery and lost an eye. I was told that Haunch was the real deal. i also heard that at 4 Big Boy would have had no shot. But, what was Big Boy before he curred out? Was he a head and face dog?

18. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Awsome Beast he was a local dog & IMO no you didn't need a certain style dog to whip him. you just had to be right.

19. I know what your talking about. I will not post it. But, I've been told that you need a dog that works the head to handle someone like him. WHy is that Ben? Why would a dog that goes to a killing point be neutralized by a dog that works the head? Come on Ben? Those shiteating curs that go to the head must have something.

20. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

"Haunch got plastic surgery and lost an eye" buddy that comes along with the territory no big deal. & where did that get big boy ? at least hunch made it home big boy fed worms.