1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Game-'bred'?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by kitchener, May 14, 2014.

1. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...your well-come.....lol....lol......lol...............lollllllllllllllllllllllll

2. Donte

Donte Pup

Game breed
    Now, a game breed dog is a dog that shows alot of gameness and this can only be proven by testing tht dog,gameness has nothing to do with looks,size or color gameness is the will to continue, so to produce a game bread dog both parents must be tested for game before bred

3. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

There are different avenues of game. Some go game hunting so they need beagles, pointers, dogos and what not.. I have never in life produced a game bread dog, however i have breaded the hell out of some boneless chicken breasts over my years and as recently as last night. Furthermore, game dogs produce curs and curs produce game dogs so your argument is either flawed or not descriptive enough. Now if you want to say you will only breed game tested parents I understand.

4. kitchener

kitchener Pup

Would it be true the most common understanding is a game-bred dog doesn't guarantee a game dog, it's merely a moniker for a dog born of game lines (or maybe at the heart of the original question, a game parent, as opposed to a game line)? And if I understand your post correctly, you're saying not just one parent, but both?

5. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

I love Pappadeaux fried gator!! I wonder if that's considered game breaded or not? I'll have to ask next time I'm there.

6. I agree with rock n rye. i've seenSome dogs that couldn't be considered the least bit game, but they can throw some hellashish pups. ( minding your always gonna end up culling some out.) Then I've seen some dogs that nothing could compete with, but wasn't worth breeding. Point being that both these dogs were full brothers.....

7. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

If anyone read my post on likelihoods being the supreme commander of what we do and want, then it should be clear that likelihoods are all we have when we breed two dogs. There's no such thing as "game bred'. What we have are those likelihoods as we see them by knowing the dogs, their consistencies rather close behind them and the dogs around those dogs..........their trends we have monitored and know by having seen them. We try to load the dice to attain those traits, but that is no assurance we're making a breeding of pups that will turn out to be game in a decent percentage. Some breedings are just more "likely" to produce game dogs than others. There is never anything involved but your best calculated possibilities based on those trends I mentioned above, and the quality of the individual dogs being bred. "Game bred" is a mere catch phrase which to me, means nothing in reality.

8. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

A long time ago I bred 2 dogs together that wouldn't start but they would catch a boar.Well I said hey I breed these 2 and I will get a whole litter of catch dogs lol.If you guessed it didn't work like that you would be right.

9. kitchener

kitchener Pup

If we juxtapose the old phrase "Good dogs are where you find them" with your comments above, would it be true that a UKC dam and sire from multi-generational confirmation lines, or an ADBA dam and sire from multi-generational weight pulling lines, are just as likely to produce a pup or pups that could test game, as a dam and sire from recent, respected, multi-generational game-tested lines? Presumably the genetic foundation remains, no? But tying into the "likelihoods" consideration, if the answer is "no," then wouldn't it be true that "game bred" is such a thing?

10. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I'm a bit confused by your proposed scenario. But.....I never said, nor do I believe that "good dogs are where you find them" without extending that statement to also say: "but you are more likely to find them in some places than in others."

If I'm reading you correctly, your asking me if likelihoods should include trying to lasso the moon. And my answer is of course, NO. Things wich are POSSIBLE are not commensurate with what things are PLAUSIBLE or LIKELY. Why would anyone seriously breed two of these dogs based on incredibly low likelihoods?

I suppose anything is possible. And surely I can't begin to fathom how many times you'd have to breed those two dogs in the class you mention or any of the same ilk, in order to achieve even a remote chance of having any success. So how it applies to high standards in judging your likelihoods, I have no concept but to think it's rather pissing into the high winds.

Your question does seem to ask if I believe breeding dogs of predominantly weight pull, conformation showing, etc would, with their "foundations" would be also likely to produce game dogs. Again, NO. Foundations, however far back you are talking about, and what you have today, are miles apart. And if you're speaking in terms of genes, again, NO, as in our newest generations of dogs, we have a COMPLETELY different configuration of genes than those did way back in what you are calling foundation dogs.

Breeding backward is a fallacy, as no matter what you breed, you are moving FORWARD with new configurations whether one likes it or not. Can you key or bulk on certain recent dogs? Yes. But you cannot deem it as breeding backward as you are recreating forward. It's an absolute inevitability. We can't change the fact no matter how much we may theorize.

"Likelihoods" should be based on the positive side of what the word means if one intends to gain some success.

No. The catch term "game bred" does NOT exist, apply, or have meaning in any reality. What does apply in reality, is the increasing of likelihoods by conventional and proven means, to achieve a decent percentage of game dogs.

With more reading I seem to think you are also asking if that my answer is NO, they aren't as likely to breed some game dogs by such a long shot, if the ones we do deem to have good likelihoods should be deemed "game bred" by virtue of margin. NO. I do not. It's still a matter of which dogs are the more LIKELY to do so, which to me means the true meaning of the word likelihood, with no meaning with reality of the term "game bred", only bred, and more likely to have a decent percent of game dogs in the "get" than with others. That's the reality. No catch phrase applies.

11. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher Big Dog

I think this is one of those topics where some will just have to agree to disagree.

12. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

First off I would like to say Good post TDK

To respond to Kitchener , any thing in nature is possible but like TDK said its not plausible or likely.

For example can a person be born with both a dick and a cunt? (Hermaphrodite) Yes they can but its highly unlikely LMAO.

13. kitchener

kitchener Pup

That was it. Thanks. Does seem a shade, though.

14. patjr

patjr Top Dog

LMAO....you certainly got your own way with words aye Saiyagin....'RAW'...between you and TDK, anyone and everyone should be able to comprehend what's being expressed LOL....as for 'game bred', it is a term that is fixed in the APBT vocabulary, regardless of having any validity.