1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Game-'bred'?

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by kitchener, May 14, 2014.

1. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I agree the term game bred is used by novices, peddlers, and people who justify breeding shitty dogs because they have a dog who is papered well. People that are in these dogs for the long haul and are breeding to create better performing dogs don't go around saying yeah man I'm breeding game bred pit bulls I think the term is pretty much non existent in their vocabulary lol it's almost as bad as calling a dog a rednose pitbull really lol.

2. olddog

olddog Big Dog

Years ago their was a gentleman who put the label TNT on the dogs he kept and bred. Tried N' True ! His dogs were thoroughly tested.
    You can take two proven game dogs, breed them, get a litter of game bred pups, but there is only one way to tell if any of the pups are GAME !

Olddog

3. NAS

NAS Big Dog

Knock knock , who's there... truth. Truth Who,
    Truth brought to you by ^ OLD DOG,

Rt on Olddog

NAS

4. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

No exact study has been done,some lines retain the gameness more tha other families.Speculation is the line that seems to retain the game "gene" and pass it also probablly has MORE chance of generations of non tested dogs can
    retain the "gene" and pass it on.The line that produces less % of gamness would probably take LESS generations
    to lose the "gene" with a rare pop up every once and awhile.Hate me for saying that this is why Staffs are a throwback cataylist of sort that history shows that the blood can nick.Now the more staff they become(100 years lol ) the less the chances.Earl tudor used the Xpert line way back when.Carver was said of to used some type of staff also,lol more likely the Ed crenshaw stuff from Snow that made them more staff in apperance and probablly helped put fuel to the staff rumor.I cant remember what dog had staff in it from the 70s from carvers stock , maybe Ch Dolemite???Over the years a staff or staff cross apears that impresses some people, so i cant rule out the cataylist theory................anthroBULLDOGology....................

5. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Short and sweet. And very true. Good post Olddog.

6. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Good post, OD.

7. Louis Cypher

Louis Cypher Big Dog

Exactly. This was the point I was making. Thank you.

8. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

It gets squirrelly when it comes to labeling anything as some words begin to take on a negative connotation and people tend to disagree with definition. Point being, there's no set in stone answer. Call it what you want and move on it makes no bit of difference towards the end-goal.

9. NorCalTim

NorCalTim Big Dog

Some pedigrees are chopped full of UKC show dogs for decades (I heard at the UKC dog show, the judge gropes the dogs balls to check them - a game dog would most likely hate that, yet the UKC show dogs must be used to being fondled).
    Some dogs are full of winners in the ring that you can find info on in any good APBT book.

The first is based off show.
    The second is based off work.

Would a dog from game lines be game? I guess there would only be one way to find out (he would be game bred in my opinion if the winning game dogs were up close in his pedigree).
    One thing is for sure, if the dog does not have game dogs in his pedigree, he is not game bred.

There is something priceless about having a fearless breed. Just watching a Bull Dog cross a raging river is enough to evoke a feeling in the owner like "Wow, that dog is game". A lab has nothing on the swimming ability of a game bred APBT. I think it has to do with heart, not the ability to swim. There in no way a UKC show dog could do what a game bred dog can do. Plus, they are CONFIDENT. Which means no fear biting, being afraid of gun fire, or anything else.

10. treezpitz

LMMFAO @ game swimmers, all mine are game then LOL

11. NorCalTim

NorCalTim Big Dog

Great swimmers? No. They are the best swimmers because of their heart. Do you think being "game" would only help a dog in the [] and that is it?

Well I will never know how "game" my dogs are. Having said that, the list can go on and about things these dogs are able to do that other breeds can not do as well. They are the superman of the dog breed world. I have seen many breeds of dogs. They only compaire to a Bull Dog. That is it. No more no less. I did not say a swim test is a game test. There is a reason why there is a saying "put your game face on". When you have game blood, it shows in everything you do.

12. treezpitz

You're VERY confused on the meaning of game.

13. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Thier are lazy dogs that wont do anything but be dgame and just the oppisite thiers do it all dogs that are curs.
    A good example would be getting hit by a truck and still going for it,when swimming there is no truck...

14. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

While I don't want to get into Norcal and others argument.Ill say this though.I once saw a dog go in a lake fetching a stick.He couldn't find it so he decided to dive down and grab this big ass log.After it was apparent he wasn't coming up he had to be pulled out.And when he did get pulled out he still had the log choking with spit and water running out his mouth but he had to be broke off the log.We all said man probly die before he quit cause he sure smart so we no he wasn't down there cause he was dumb.Well when he got his chance to dance the hog was the log the [] was the lake and he was the same dog who was in the water that day.I know the only way to know is to check but to me some things a dog exhibits out of combat can be telling.

15. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Also I think its easier to spot a bad one than a prospect.

16. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

Shit I ain't on topic at all. My bad I'm blazed tonight jack!

17. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Norcal is foolish when it comes to this breed, nothing but a peddler. He has agreed he has never tested a dog but breeds and sells pups for 1200+, he would think swimming a river makes a dog game. Because that's prob biggest challenge his dogs will see

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

18. mattups

mattups Pup

The point? I think what everyone is saying is that there is no more official game bred dogs in the USA? The closest way to test is hog hunting with only the CD.

19. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I don't think that's the case.

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

20. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I don't really think u believe that !