1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Game bred Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pattracy, Nov 8, 2009.

1. BGD

BGD Pup

I know a few old guys still going in Ireland(Eire) but they keep everything very tight, you'd be very lucky to get a dog off them

2. malo

malo Pup

looking for game breed staffs check ireland or england there still around they use them to out cross to patts in order to increase size and biteing abilityof the patts . the conformation of these staffs is different of show staffs they are built like little american game bred dogs maxing out at about 30lbs chain wieght.

3. peppapig

peppapig Banned

i cant help but think when someone who aint used to seeing a REAL staff actually sees one they might be unimpressed after always seeing the pbt as the be all end all.....i know of 2 real staffs that i would gladly have on my yard....(you know who you are lol:p) .....

4. KBK

KBK Big Dog

No doubt they do, cant blame them either.
    You in Ireland yourself BGD?

5. MeAki

MeAki Pup

There is only one way ...in my opinion...to see if ur dog is a real pitbull and that's illegal now..no papers in all the wold can tell me (only my opinion) that a pitbull is real if he has no game...he will be only a dog with papers...Colby was matching those dogs for a reason...it was a different type a show...nobody can tell me that a dog that pulls 1000lb is game!!! i had a pit once he was on a treadmill for 2 hours the on a poll al day long but he wouldnt fight or even bark at other dogs.. he had game...i dont think so....but he was funny and a good companion....i still loved him ;)
    All the best

6. jack the lad

jack the lad Big Dog

I worked terriers for many years and did cross my old black rapparee staff with my Gould bred pats. my best being a half cross called blake he killed every fox he met to ground and worked other things to;) never making a sound.Once going 18 hours to ground and killing one of those other things and also broke the jaw off one in a 5 hour dig he was some dog looked like a little pit.I still have a bitch down from him at my dads and she his a good game dog to plus a good producer.Not that good on pc but will try post some pic's for you.

7. jack the lad

jack the lad Big Dog

I would of thought that the staffs in nz would of been imported show stock.

8. BGD

BGD Pup

Not for years now, plenty of family about the place though.

9. Hi,
    there is a big mistake in the name game here, game definition:
    back to the subject, is there real SBT gamebred outhere ?

10. Roveros

Roveros Pup

If there are they are not going to advertise it on an open internet forum. The countries where Stafford's are popular tend to have quite stringent laws. Loose lips sink ships and all that. If you want to find out i think a bit more digging will be in order.