1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Game bred Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pattracy, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Boze

Boze Top Dog

thankyou rr that is what i got out of it an like you said the name speaks for itself. it is funny how so many people are quick to judge because a man does not go around that his dogs are the baddest to ever wera a collar then he must breed curs right

2. alabama

alabama Big Dog

So by saying that rr are you saying that because weights do not faulter or change then they are a better test of gameness than dog vs dog??

3. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

;) where are all the modern winning pure colby dogs ? one swallow a summer does not make. i am not denying mr colby or his old man bred some good ones (along with plenty bad ones i bet) but the way it came across was how most have taken it.if what is being said is for the media then fine but weightpulling testing gameness is baloney as far as i am concerned. has anyone got the article indian sonny did about the colby dogs ? interesting reading and food for thought, it is not enough to say "this here is a colby dog" that is no measure of its gameness and it can only be tested one way and very few owners of these dogs are testing this way as far as i can tell and it is many years since i heard of 1 becoming a multi winner.each to their own though.

4. Boze

Boze Top Dog

i have read the indian sonny article and what he was saying was refering to people other than the colby's breeding those dogs and just breeding them because it said colb in the pedigree. also i agree with you sunbeam it does not measure gameness, but i believe the man was writing a book for the public and was just giving an alternative event that these dogs can succeed in

5. BEHAVIN

BEHAVIN Top Dog

yes ive read the artical;)
    i happen also to have a few reports on some colby blood, that is, they are of colby blood (close) but said dogs were not bred by colby himself;)
    although i can vouch for atleast one pure colby dog, that is to say it was bred by colby and sold to such person, gr ch infact:D

6. JanneM

JanneM Big Dog

I don't know Mr. Colby personally but I doubt that he really think weightpulling and springpole makes dog anymore game than walking in a park.
    But as testing gameness by scratching is illeagal in most parts of the world I assume that there is just some things we never know. Like does people have game dogs or not... :D

7. jack the lad

jack the lad Big Dog

This was about game bred staff's lol:confused:.If you want a good staff there is only one place to go at this moment in time the uk;)

8. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

i would disagree, i can think of a few people with decent staffords in the uknot loads but more than 1 for sure ;)

9. alabama

alabama Big Dog

No hes saying that the only country to go to for game staffords is the uk SB

10. alabama

alabama Big Dog

Which isnt true either actually jackthelad

11. BGD

BGD Pup

Plenty of game Staffords about if you know where to look

12. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

gotcha , i just re read that al, and i agree the uk is not the only place.

13. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

better? no. BUT-in the year 2009, in the majority of the world...yes- as dog vs. dog is against the law

14. alabama

alabama Big Dog

Is it?? I didnt know that:D

15. jack the lad

jack the lad Big Dog

Ok help patracy out where would you go to get a good staff if not uk.:confused:

16. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

SOME huskies pull better than apbts.
    but yes wp is hardly a game test.
    it may be seen as a gauge in determination but it will not show how or if a dog is game

17. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

jack the lad, answer is, NZ. easier to move around legal dogs than apbt which is illeagal to import into nz. i would say there would be a ton of places where you could get em, just have to know the right people or know where to look.

18. oxman

oxman Pup

I would say the uk has the most staffs on the ground that work in europe , there is some in sweden and a few scattered about holland ....
    As for there being alot in NZ not sure about that but would love to see some from there .. ?

19. moof

moof Pup

I know a few with a few ;);)

20. KBK

KBK Big Dog

Anybody know if any decent dogs in Ireland? Just curious for the future, not like these guys advertise if you get me