1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Game bred Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pattracy, Nov 8, 2009.

1. peppapig

peppapig Banned

fecking cracking post that is.....;):D

2. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

That is just my opinion, I have heard allot of game bred kennels saying of other ways to test gameness. Just like I have always read that gameness doesn't always mean the willingness to fight but the willingness to complete a task despite discomfort or any amount of pain. Not just weight pull, but catching hogs. If you think it's easy to pull thousands of pounds and there is no discomfort then you go try. Just like there is allot of pain in matching dogs against each other or fighting off a hog for your master. But I am in no way shape or form the smartest or most knowledgeable person on this site but I am just speaking from what I am read in many different APBT and AST books.

3. The only other way to test Gameness In my eyes would be Hog Hunting..
    Butch

4. peppapig

peppapig Banned

i can slightly see the idea of hoghunting at times testing a dogs game.....but as for weightpulling....still NO.....there is no other true task a gamedog can be asked of it to prove its gameness than to go in the [] pound for pound and duke it out so to speak.....if you think otherwise then fair enough.....your welcome to your type of dog....:cool:

5. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Here is what I read some time ago:

The desire and love of work is bred into a dog, and into the Pit Bull has been bred an intense desire to accept any challenge, and to succeed at any task. This is what makes the sport of weight pulling such a great test for this breed: it requires strength, tenacity and drive. There is one point in favor of weight pulling as a modern test of the Pit Bull. While a dog may become a pit champion by defeating three mediocre dogs, and be himself a mediocre dog of questionable gameness, in the sport of weight pulling the dog will always come up against an opponent (the weight) that is of unvarying quality. The weight will always demand that the dog give his best effort to win, for if he does not, it is very apparent for all to see.

Louis B. Colby

6. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

its not even worth debating.

7. Lipcurl

Lipcurl Big Dog

Yer missus can PULL harder than APBT , does that make her game... ahh ermmm .. thats right yer missus is very game though LOL! ;):p:D

8. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

With all due respect, as far as the American Pit Bull Terrier is concerned, you think wrong.

9. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

You're right about that.

10. peppapig

peppapig Banned

your missus is on the GAME .....i hear shes a hooker.....but doesnt play RUGBY.....LMAO....:D

11. Lipcurl

Lipcurl Big Dog

How'd you think i met her :D standing on the opposite street corner to yours :D

12. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

Like a said before, that is just what I read. Don't hurt the messenger.

13. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

LOLOLOL.

If I was a man and I had a wife believe me; she'd be game every night.

14. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

if you had my missus youde need to be dead game ,

15. shortbedder

shortbedder Big Dog

L B Colby, has been around and peddling pit bulls along time it's a family tradition. The old man pitches what he can without being stupid, he's in the dog selling business, and that takes some people pleaseing. be just a little respectful please.

16. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

"Game Testing" is a local humane and cruelty issue(depending on who's terms and standards of what is cruel), it is NOT however a federal Dog Fighting issue which is 100% against the law in the US of A....

That's my view, disagree if you want, its still my view and my opinion on the subject matter.....

And I don't see letting a creature do what it wants when he has a free choice to stop or go and HE chooses what he himself wants to do...

Just the way I look at things....

17. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

:rolleyes:

there are so many either ignorant or plain stupid people on this forum, i swear.
    maybe folks should read the actual quote by the man and then read it again, if english is not your native tongue- ask someone to explain it to you because you look like fools with these idiotic statements.
    context, look it up

18. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

good post Rally Racer!

19. Boze

Boze Top Dog

could you explain it rr. i for one believe he was just saying as of right now it is a good thing for the dogs to do i in no way think he meant it to be a modernday gametest. also whoever thinks he is a peddler you are just a straight up retard that man and his father have produced some of the gamest dogs to look through a collar. and i mean game. not some hyperactice fight crazy insecure fuckin curs. the majority of his dogs would take their death in the pit and still had a great demeanor. they were cool calm and collected and confident. to even call a man who is an icon in this sport a peddler is an insult and you should be stoned and hung by your balls. i mean who the fuck do you people think you are 95 percent of you will never accomplish what this man has. if it was not for him most of these bloodlines would not exist. his damn dogs are the backbone of this breed. his father is the father of the APBT and it disgusts me that you ungrateful assholes show no respect for this man. this is not towards you rally i no that you have respect for that man

20. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

well, the point he is making- in an interview that its known will be seen by hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people, is that 4,000 pounds will always be 4,000 pounds. it will be a constant barometer, unlike a dog that is flesh and bone, and can falter, thus making the test unreliable of sorts. what is a great 38# dog here in the south maybe be nothing to speak of say in the midwest. dogs are dogs and can fail. weight is weight and cannot fail.
    what he is speaking of is the fact that there is no variance w/ weight- its more akin to a proven process, whereas dog vs. dog will always have variables ( talent, conditioning, etc) i mean- we have never heard of any handpicked CH's out there have we?;)
    he is smart enough to not even want to speak of the "old days" or "old ways" what good can that get him? the families dogs dont need a sales pitch at all, they are Colby dogs after all.
    he has forgotten more than most will ever know

and Boze you hit it on the head- anyone take your line of choice, trace it back far enough- bet you find some of that blood in there at some point.

and you know i have respect for the man, if not for him i wouldnt have any dogs or birds