1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Game bred Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pattracy, Nov 8, 2009.

1. pattracy

pattracy Pup

Who breeds game bred Staffordshire Bull Terriers?

mz79 likes this.
  2. matty

matty Big Dog

No one its illegal to test for gameness!

3. TwistedMettle

TwistedMettle Big Dog

Except in select countries with provinces where Dog Fighting is legal ;)

gitanos likes this.
  4. absolute peril

absolute peril Big Dog

I honestly think other competitions like weight pull (etc) are a test of gameness. Gameness doesn't always to me mean the willingness to fight but the willingness to complete a task despite discomfort. I see allot of game bred kennels and they cannot match their dogs because it's not legal but their dogs are and have proven themselves to be game.

5. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

weightpulling etc is no measure of gameness, non bulldogs can weightpull competatively and they are not game in the way we think of it,not in my opinion anyway.

gitanos likes this.
  6. moof

moof Pup

weightpulling gametest lol

7. JanneM

JanneM Big Dog

Louis B. Colby thinks that weightpulling, spring pole etc. can be a test of gameness.
    I interviewed him some time ago for the Finnish American Pit Bull Terrier Association. The interview is publiced at FAPBTA.com/foorumi but in finnish.

8. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

he is wrong imo
    colby dogs for many years now have been seen as pet bulls, very few ever end up in the hands of pit dog men, maybe the reson is that mr colby testing gameness by pulling weights :)

beartrapk likes this.
  9. JanneM

JanneM Big Dog

I don't know how mr. Colby tests gameness but question was "How can people test gameness these days" and the ansver was on those lines... :D

Ofcourse there is no leagal way to test that true gameness and because of that there has to be some other ways developed to test it. If the dogmen would not test for gameness they coulb be breeding amstafs.

BTW. Mr. Colby was clear that all pitbulls should be game to be called pitbulls. No doubt about that.

10. general

general Big Dog

i like that reply sunbeam. :D

11. oxman

oxman Pup

I breed working staffordshire bull terriers who in my mind have proved themselves ..............

12. peppapig

peppapig Banned

really cant see how weightpulling has anything to do with gameness..a rough eg-..i certainly wouldnt say "the strongest man in the world competition" is a measure of how game/hard..lol...theres some gamedogs that just wont even make an effort at weightpulling......but put them in a [].....;)

13. jack the lad

jack the lad Big Dog

You can test a dog for wind strength and athletic ability but theres only one way to test for gameness and it's against the law in most countries.

gitanos likes this.
  14. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

well Louis B. Colby obviously doesnt have half the sense some of his ancestors have because weightpulling and springpoles can not determine gameness if it can then my uncle has a pack of game beagles because they compete (very successfully) in weightpull and love the springpole

oh and i think it would be safe to say that its been years since anything game has come off of colbys yard

theres only one way to determine gameness and its illegal in the United States thats why i have a yard full of curs :D

15. ganja

ganja Big Dog

lmao!
    that's so very true ^^
    but at least you're not feeding some type of overweight walrus looking dogs :rolleyes:

it's illigal over here to, but wouldn't mind taking some proven dog!
    apbt's are hard to come by around here, so let alone some proven dog...
    plus, dogman aren't yelling they test their dogs at anyone willing to listen...

sure I could buy some "pit" dog around here, but I won't pay to have a mutt (or mostly amstaffs) from some street dogfighters...

16. Bertus

Bertus Pup

What you mean with around here? Do you mean Belgium or Europe? Your coming across like there are no good dogs. Balkan is close if your in Belgium.

17. ganja

ganja Big Dog

belgium :) not europe.
    sure I think there are still a few real dogmen left, but as I said, they don't go screaming around how game their dogs are :)
    the only ones screaming it are the street dogfighters

18. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

of course weighpulling is a test of gameness. I know you see all those gamebred Mastiffs and RE in there risking there lives :rolleyes:

19. ts-

ts- Pup

No names but ya should go to U.K.

WP can be a test of gameness? Sounds like BS, LOL.

TS

20. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

Huskies pull better than APBT's are they game?