1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

GA: Polk County Raid Nets 33 Dogs, Four Dogfighting Suspects

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Raid Nets 33 Dogs, Four Dogfighting Suspects
    By
    Veronica Waters
    @ July 14, 2010 1:12 PM

(WSB Radio) Police have broken up a dog fighting ring in northwest Georgia's Polk County.

[​IMG]

WSB's Sandra Parrish reports four people have been arrested in the operation off Cashtown Loop Road in Aragon. The raid is the result of a confidential lead from a tip line sponsored by Norred & Associates, an Atlanta-based security firm, which turned over the information to police.

Greg Norred tells WSB the raid rescued 33 abused dogs which are now being evaluated by the Atlanta Humane Society.

"They're emaciated, dehydrated; scarring consistent with dog fighting," says Norred. "We've got a disassembled fighting kit on the property here, and we've got a lot of training equipment."

[​IMG]

The dogs will be diagnosed and treated and transported to an undisclosed location.

The raid was conducted jointly by Polk County Police and SWAT team, the Polk County Sheriff's Department, and the Polk County District Attorney's office.

"This guy was probably breeding, training and fighting dogs....sometimes you have an operation where they only do one of the three," says Norred.

Norred says they've maintained the tip line for two years and he describes himself as a dog lover.

As part of its pro-bono campaign to stop dog fighting, the Norred team has participated in 24 raids, resulting in 44 arrests and over 450 dogs rescued.

http://wsbradio.com/localnews/2010/07/raid-nets-33-dogs-four-dogfigh.html

2. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

This Sh*t Fucked up... 33 more dogs dead...

Some body should euthanize they damn dogs and ish man...

3. phill

phill Top Dog

GOOD people don't understand IT'S OVER i got teased for saying that on the other thread

4. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

Norred & Associates < seeing that name with every bust now

5. I thought the ADBA was finally steeping up and looking into Norred's "not for profit" part in HSUS lobbying? Anyone heard any more info on this?

6. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

450 dogs rescued my ass more like 450 dogs killed.

7. DMMK

DMMK Big Dog

This is bullshit!!!

8. jsimmons

jsimmons Pup

Greg Norred a dog lover? LOL

9. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

You are a dense individual...

10. phill

phill Top Dog

wrong for me to put it like that i do feel sorry for the animals

11. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

WTF... They have no evidence... he's gonna walk... But they feel accomplished because they siezed the dogs and killed them.

It seems to me alot of large houses are going down...
    Easy way to get rid of Competition...

When are the doggers gonna pay someone to embarrass/expose the humane types (hire private detective) and take them down....

This would be the best way to find who the snitches are and handle them...

It's time to fight back

12. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

By fight I mean: Legally

13. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Rescue dogs.How is putting puppies down rescuing them? If they kill the dogs off before a court date, the owner can sue but the dogs are gone and the bloodline destroyed which is their motive.They say the dogs are not fit for homes but each of the dogs are handled by people at the time.

14. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

looks like he had a box setup...those dogs are good as gone.

15. AmericanDogMan

AmericanDogMan Big Dog

REscue is their term: This is why the Humane's should be exposed/

16. Ricky1969

Ricky1969 Big Dog

form what i see the pic of the dog i dont see any marks on it all :cool:

17. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

dam that sucks...

18. fblb

fblb Top Dog

That is a punk bitch remark. What about this is good in any way? The dogs being put down? The people imprisoned for using animals as they were intended? Or do you feel some sort of satisfaction in seeing yards wiped out so you can be "right"? Why don't you find a nice Am Staff forum that you can be a member on? You like empty shells, right?....Seems Am Staffs are a little more your speed.

19. U.T.K'S SCORCH

U.T.K'S SCORCH Big Dog

Like i tryed to tell you in the other thread it will never be over long as we a dogmen do what we have to do to protect our own like closing circles and goin back underground outta the public eye watch whos watching you!:cool:

20. simms

simms CH Dog

This mother fucker is skirting the laws. Infact this fuck stick is tresspassing anytime he steps onto anyones property uninvited! Not to mention this fuck is profiling the easily had.