1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

GA: Bartow man arrested on dog fighting, animal cruelty charges

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Aug 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Bartow man arrested on dog fighting, animal cruelty charges
    1 hr 48 mins ago

Yesterday Bartow County Sheriff’s investigators arrested a Bartow County man on dog fighting and animal cruelty charges.

According to Sheriff Clark Millsap of the Bartow County Sheriff’s Office:

Investigators were contacted by Norred & Associates about a possible dog fighting operation in South Bartow County.

On August 2 investigators conducted a search at 4193 Creek Trail in Acworth along with Norred investigators, Bartow Animal Control officers and officers with the Atlanta Humane Society.

During the search, investigators found items consistent with dog fighting operations along with photos of dogs that had been fighting.

During the search, 12 pit bulls were found being kept in unspecified poor conditions, and taken by animal control officers.

Arrested was Ricky lee Hurley, 47, of Acworth, charged with one count of felony dog fighting and 12 counts of cruelty to animals.

Hurley was not at the residence the day of the search warrant but turned himself in to the Bartow County Jail on Monday.

RN-T.com - Rome, Georgia news, sports, business, lifestyles, weather, breaking news and more from the Rome News-Tribune.

2. Ricky1969

Ricky1969 Big Dog

Chuck Simmons Knows Rick he has seen Rick at the dog shows alot of times he knows that Rick don`t fight dogs chuck goes to dogs shows takes tag numbers and come and get your dogs and your a dog fighter just because you go to the shows what do we have to do

3. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

Maybe next time someone see's chuck at a dog show they should kick his ass.

4. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Wtf is chuck?

5. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

Not good.... :(:mad::(

6. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

chuck simmons=main animal killer for the HS!, also ex cop that was caught wit a hoe bitch!

no shit, if i seen him or jp or wayne at a dogshow, i would risk the night in county just to stomp his ass out 1 time!

7. Ricky1969

Ricky1969 Big Dog

8. ganja

ganja Big Dog

LOL @ the video...
    sad how they try and sensationalize everything like the "big" chains anf stuff

9. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

NO ONE should be laughing! this should be yet another wakeup call, but it will fall on deaf ears. the stigma will continue, the idiots will still mix drugs and dogs, the morons will continue to post imcriminating crap online-everyone thinks they are above it, they cant be had. delusions of grandeur all of it. news like this will continue, no one will learn anything from others mistakes. yes, the witch hunt is on- newsflash- it has been for decades, act as such.

10. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Oh I bet he will be at the next one.

So where is the evidence supporting cruelity? It is getting to the point is you have a a few bulldogs and you are automatically a dogfighter? This is no laughing matter.

11. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

does anyone have a picture of this chuck?? he gets caught sniffing around my tag we gonna have problems

12. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

You can go to Norred & Associates website and see pics.

13. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

them norrod fucks are every where...where do they get there funding? how they get away with tresspassing on folks property and spying on americans is over my head...they are pretty law less..they do what ever they want

14. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

I dont recognize them as authority, they get caught snooping around here they will meet the wrong end of one of these scatter poles. ;)

15. heavyhemi

heavyhemi Pup

cruelty really they were all securely tied up and they all have shelter hmmm what is the problem

16. DEATH-GRIP

DEATH-GRIP Banned

Were all fucked !!!! Close your yards !! Stop posting your dogs ped !!! How do u think their getting busted ....the internet !!!!!!

17. I find the picture example of a "fighting dog" taken from the scene a very scary sign of the times for all owners of this breed. The dog in the photo appears to have not one single mark on its body with the exception of a maybe 1-2 inch long tear/slash cut on the side of its muzzle. To me that wound says the dog got a quick isolated correction from another dog, or maybe tried to catch a wild animal like a possum or coon and got scratched/bit in the process.

That dog certainly looks to me like it received that one bite or scratch and that was that - it is a very clean wound with no bite marks even around it. It could even be a cut from sticking his head into heavy brush. If having a single mark on a dog is evidence of fighting, every dog owner in the world should be worried. :eek:

18. mikefromMD

mikefromMD Top Dog

This has got to be one of the smartest posts I have EVER seen on this board. Thanks

19. C2K

C2K Top Dog

What the fuck is wrong with you? Can't you read the difference in spelling NorrEd and NorrOd?
    How about Werner and Warner? Can you read the difference?

20. eddieem

eddieem Big Dog

my bad..typo..i think everyone by now knows it isnt IM

but i understand why you would be pissed..no one wants to be linked to them fucks...i seen it screwed up before and you jumped on there shit...like i said my bad...was a typo