1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

GA AADR Show 6/6/09

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by diva, Apr 22, 2009.

1. diva

diva CH Dog

Bring your own chairs and shade.

2. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

Chairs are not the issue or the point. I am not worried about me. :rolleyes: Also chairs and shade do not take way the humidity.

Dogs do not sweat like us. They do not disapate heat effectively like humans do. All it takes is a matter of minutes for a dog to overheat. And at that point oral fluid replacement is not effective. A dog panting heavily taking in large amounts of water is also at risk of bloat due to the air/water mix from panting. Also hosing a dog off then putting it in a crate the crate turns into a sauna. In muggy condition there is more of a risk. Also when the heat index reaches 75F a dog can be at risk taking in to factor sun, humidity, and activity of the animal. And we all know how dogs can get riled up in the ring as well at crates.

I was able to talk to Walter and Eric. They are still working things out. They said they will get back with me once it is all figured out. I really hope they do. I want to go. :)

3. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

i can get there in an hour, would love to meet some of you guys.

4. diva

diva CH Dog

Only a few more days. :D

5. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

any update on the venue?

6. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

I am looking forward to going, but I really do hope it's indoors!!

7. mseebran

mseebran Big Dog

Guys, I'm in Waycross GA, a little further south than the venue, and you're right, it's hot as hell.We had rain everyday for two weeks and now with the heat turned up it's humod as can be.I had all intentions of going,it would have been my first conf show.But the more I think about it, trying to control Rocky in that heat, and I have a serious cold, you all know how fun having a runny nose headache and sore throat is is 90+ degrees.Don't know if I'm gonna make it, might have to go without dogs this time.This may be better for me that way I get the feel of how the show goes.If I go, hope to see and meet all of you.BTW, who's judging?

8. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

I was told the judges are Joe Woodall and Paul Harden

I'll be there pulling Havoc...don't think I'm showing anyone, it's too much for me to run back and forth.

9. Muttkip

Muttkip Big Dog

About how far would that be from Winder? Or around the Jefferson, Athens area? I would LOVE to go and watch the show :)

10. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

i'm gonna be there with my rescue girl , hoping to make some friends. this is my early father's day present. (i've never been to a show..lol)

11. diva

diva CH Dog

Come up and say hello. We will be in a red acura. :)

Crystal, I can help out if you need some help showing. :)

12. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

forecast calls for Scattered T-storms, 60% chance of rain. anyone sure if it will be covered or not? it would suck to pack up the truck and end up getting rained out.

13. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

I just called, they said there is two areas of shelter. One for weight pull and one for crating dogs. He said if it rains everyone can fit under there. He also said he doesn't think it will rain, and if it does it will only be in the early morning...but he doesn't think in that location it will rain, that it's not raining there now and it's the same forecast.

14. Madusa

Madusa CH Dog

It was a great time although it was extremely muddy, had to lose the flip flops due to flicking mud everywhere, lmao!!!! Macho got a 1st in ring 1 and 3rd in ring 2. Here are a few random pics of the dogs from yesterdays show. A huge congrats to all of those that took home ribbons and a huge thanks to all those that came out to support the new club and can't wait for the next show!!!! :)

Macho
    [​IMG]

Macho
    [​IMG]

Blaizen's Cena enjoying his win, :)
    [​IMG]

Diva's Star 1st in 2-3 females ring 1
    [​IMG]

Bella
    [​IMG]

Caldwell's Igor (Blaizen Kennels) 2nd in 5 & over males ring 1and 2
    [​IMG]

15. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

That's great! I am glad that you all had a good time, sorry I missed I won't miss another one though.

16. diva

diva CH Dog

Congratulations to everyone who placed.

We had a good time and look forward to the next show.

I didn't take any pics, but here are a few that Blaizen took of our two girls Bella and Star.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Star - 1st place 2-3 year old females (Ring 1)

[​IMG]

17. mseebran

mseebran Big Dog

very nice diva. they look really good.