1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Funny Stories of Bulldogs/Dogmen u have heard or liked

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by redrumdog, Mar 25, 2010.

1. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

I heard this story from my friend Billy years ago and thought I would share it.It stayed with me after all these years. Now as far as Billy he went back with the oldtimers,so he had many stories. Billy was explaining that Pit General was in at the vets with DB. Billy asked me if I have ever met DB and I said no.Billy said he was very intimidating and straight up front and very muscular.Then Billy showed me pics of DB. Well as DB was sitting in the vets with PG a man looked over and said hey buddy I saw a dog the other day that looked just like that one. DB didn't say anything just gave the guy a look.Then the guy said of all things whats the chance of seeing two mutts that look just alike in several days. DB turned and said mother f..... you have never seen a dog like this in your life.You have trouble keeping your mouth shut.I'll shut it for you.The guy just got quite and walked away. I don't know how true it is but it is funny.If guys have met DB you know what I mean.He's not a man that I would get smart with.

2. I knew an old man that acquired a really well bred pit about 25 years ago. The dog was bred out the ass as they say. He wasn't into the game or anything like that. He had friends that were and he wanted a pet. This dog was not bred to be a pet.

The dog grew into quite a speciman. He was like lighting and could run down small game like nothing. The owner and the dog went everywhere together and even spoke in there own language. At 18 months old and 48 pounds, he got into a scuffle with a 100 pound Dobie. The Dobie didn't make it.

At 24 months, more of the same. The owners grand son was in the back yard and a stray German Sheppard tried to attack. The pitbull was airborne into this one. Again, the result was the same.

About 5 years pass by and the old man passes away. The dog passed away a short time earlier. After the old man died he just layed ouside his bedroom door and never moved. The family said that the dog died simply of a broken heart. Who says that these dogs don't have emotions?

3. Midnight Cowboy

Midnight Cowboy Big Dog

Damn thats a good read.

4. Great story LD.

5. A friend of mine grew up in a family that ran dogs. He used to go with his father to shows when he was 10 or 11 years old. His part time job while in high school and college was tending to the dogs. Growing up they had some wonderful performers. They ran old time blood lines that are very hard to find nowadays. They played the game the way that it was meant to be played.

My friend graduated college and the law school and decided that he still loved and needed the dogs. He had to start from scratch because his father had retired from both work and the dogs because of a bad ticker. He only had the connections that his family had built up over the years. The connections that others only pray to have some day.

After about 5 years and a lot of misses he needed something in his line. Most of his stuff turned out to be "Dumb Game" as he would say. They would scratch into a lion but they didn't have a lot of smarts or mouth for that matter. He found the cross that he was looking for in the Carolinas. He took his best bitch and drove down and paid a big price to get the litter. She had one that turned out to be what he was looking for. She was everything that anyone could ever hope for. She was going to be a champion but a bad kennel accident turned her into a breeder.

Again, he went and had this one stuck in Carolina. She had a litter of 4 that were all quality animals. One male was the holy grail as they say. He had it all and then some. He started very young and had a devistating bite. He could crush anything that he got his mouth on. He passed all his tests with flying colors. He was the real deal.

At 18 months old he was stolen from the yard. The reward was substantial and nobody had anything to say for about 2 years. Finally he got him back. I will never forget when he saw that buckskin male for the first time. We all just sat there and cried. He was abused beyond belief. He was crippled. He was amaciated. He had scars on top of scars. He was human aggresive to the point that he had to be put down.

After we buried him,we all just sat around and asked ourselves how could anyone treat such a prized animal that way? What was the motivation? Money would never, ever be that important to anyone.

6. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Its amazing how some stupid people can screw up a good dog,so sad.Too bad you couldn't put the thief down for the count.

7. Great topic Red. It is funny that when you used to be involved with these animals how much you hate certain parts of what goes on. Those responsible for this never came to justice. They even collected the reward money from a dedicated dog man who would have paid probably ten times what he did.

For years I always used to look at dogs and think could this be one of his offspring? But, unfortunatly, those responsible probably were never concerned in the betterment of the bread. I guess that was obvious. Very sad indeed.

8. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

I don't understand how someone can just do that.I mean look back at some of the greats like Pit General and Art. Who knows what dogs they could have produced in the right hands by someone that truly loves game dogs.What a shame.