1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Funeral of Dave Lewis "Texas Pit Dogs"

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by Attila, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Attila

Attila Guest

Funeral of Dave Lewis "Texas Pit Dogs"

Ok heard from Jessica, Dave's Daughter. His funeral will be in Midland Texas. Wake Monday and funeral Tuesday. I will leave this Sunday. She said that there are too many attending to do it in Andrews (the town he lived by). Service both days at 3:30 PM.

She really needs our prayers my friends.

Any one who wants to go that is on my route can hop in the Mustang. I will either leave Sunday or Early monday morning it's a long trip. If so PM me and I will give you my number.

God be with you my friends.

The Magyar

2. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Re: Funeral of Dave Lewis "Texas Pit Dogs"

HOLY SHIT, when the hell did this happen, this is horrible, he was such a good man he'll be missed dearly. Unfortunately im too far to make it to the service but please send my regards to his whole family, damn im really bummed out right now this sux

3. Attila

Attila Guest

Last week. Check out my last thread it was on him as well.

4. davidlau_2002

davidlau_2002 Top Dog

he is a good man. he always gave advice to me freely and never held back any knowledge or hostility towards his teaching me things. sometimes i even questioned how old he was because he had no grumpiness in his posts. young at heart i guess. as a matter of fact he sent me a message on the 15th at 11:35 AM and ended it by saying, "Dave hope this cleared things up for ya but if you have any questions you feel free to ask.talk to ya later." rest in peace sir. have fun with your dogs up there!

5. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

Thanks for posting this A.M. Have a safe trip there & back & give his family our best.

6. Suki

Suki Guest

For sure, safe journey, William, and again, TY VERY much for your "trust". I'm still SO sad, but somewhat eased knowing how happy Dave is to be with the Mrs, again.

I have been reading all his PM's, including the very long one I "showed" you, and I can't help but smile..... he is SUCH a truly great man! I feel blessed to have gotten to know him. He never failed to spread some sunshine my way, and the day he called me his "friend", I was SO very touched...:) ...still am, ...

R.I.P. Dave, and thank you, William for this update. Again, SAFE journey and don't stop to eat at any fast food/crap places, yah, hear?!!!!!;)
    call if you "need some company, on the way", ok? (any time)

My best to all of his family.

7. Attila

Attila Guest

Thanks you all are great. Thank you also for the reminder on the food. I don't do well on bad food.

Cheeky I will honk the horn when I drive by there and back. lol.

Before I forget. Jessica asked me to realy pray for her as she is having such a hard time with this. I ask the same from you all also the more the better. Poor dear.

8. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

have a safe trip,,take my prayers with you from Michigan.

9. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Ditto with everything Suki- I went back and printed out some of his responses to me that meant a lot...especially the one where he called me his "friend" for the first time. He was going to let us stay in his camper in July in Missouri at the get together- and my husband was customizing a tattoo for him in exchange for his hospitality. He wanted a game dog and a rebel flag over a banner that said "Keep em scratching" :). Robbie is still gonna finish the drawing. I'll post it when its done. What an honor to ink a man like him...
    Never been so profoundly touched by the passing of someone whom I've never met in person, and only known not quite half a year. Believe that.

Attila- you be safe darnit. Thanks for being you-always here if you need anything. Do you have any pics of Dave? I really would like a copy of one if you do. Give him a farewell from me.:(

Edit** PS- please tell Jessica she is in our prayers. I will be thinking of her and asking God to send her comfort in this.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2006
    1 person likes this.
  10. Attila

Attila Guest

I may do have a picture I will dig and see what I find. If not I will ask Jessica for one or two. I have many photos in a shoe box from my two grandfathers from gatherings. Some even have me handling dogs in the show ring. I was such a little tad pole then. I had blond hair when born then red now it is almost black and gray. I hated the cloths back then. Too dorky.

He was looking forward to the gathering and the tattoo. What a fellow.

I will tell Jessica and the family of your prayers, from all of us.

11. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

dame i still cant believe it i wish i could of met him he gave out some grate advice to people and held no punches it was either that you hate it or loved it god be with him and hope his drinking some good moon shine and having fun with his dogs.Attila send my prayers to his family and drive safe on the way to texas.

12. truegames

truegames Big Dog

Thanks for the update. I didn't know Tex that well but I really enjoyed reading his post and the stories he shared I will miss seeing him around here it's not everyday you meet someone with the knowledge he had. Please let his family know they are in my prayers.

13. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

Have a safe trip there and back. I will pray for Tex and his family.

14. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

You have a safe trip, be careful. Give my best to Jessica and her family. They've been in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be.

15. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

William, please give my condolences to his family, and let them know how far love for their father spread.

16. Attila

Attila Guest

14Rock,

I will do that.

17. Re: Funeral of Dave Lewis "Texas Pit Dogs"

I am one of the luckiest that have met Mr Lewis, a living legend! He answered all my PM questions. A great teacher for a novice like me.
    Your place is in heaven.

Rest in Peace, Great Old Dog Man, Mr Bobby Lewis.