1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Full brother/sister breeding, has anyone tried?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by pitbull-kid, Aug 30, 2013.

1. ttlady

ttlady Pup

139186 164379 and one for the ages P. Carver's Stompanato

2. gotta12v

gotta12v Pup

because of the available genes a bro to sis has the genetic diversity from both sides of the ped (mother and father) while a mother to son or father to daughter is going to be 3/4 concentrated on one side of the ped

3. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

4. stickler

stickler Banned

Oh yeah, Nedovic keeps all of them greats on ice.
    Guess it's a good example of 'good dogs are where you find them'.
    He probably won't share his secrets to us. lol

5. ragedog10

ragedog10 Top Dog

He strikes again lol that guy has to be crazy or extremely bored. As for inbreeding it all depends on the quality of the dogs and the quality of the line. If you breed bro/sis and they are they only goods ones out of a litter of 8 and the family they come from is low % then you are wasting your time, inbreeding is a tool to preserve but if there is nothing there worth preserving then there is no purpose. Yis Ole Man

6. Furious_Ford

Furious_Ford Big Dog

Inbreeding defects are VERY REAL...take this breeding for example, some of the males in this litter were born with 1 nut, or no nuts, not to mention other more common defects, & not 1 from the litter worked out!!!
    This 1 from the breeding had both his nuts, great bite, great conformation, hard worker in his exercise routines, was very smart & great temperment...but was very small at 35lbs when fat like in this ped photo, & just like ALL of his littermates at the age of 4 he proved to be VERY UNWORTHY of breeding!!!

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [215054] :: DESERT RAT'S JESUS

7. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

Yeah, when you are trying to breed back to a specific individual.

8. keystone

keystone CH Dog

evry pup has his own gene ...
    look to the twins in the litter .....
    now if you see 2 or 3 set of twins ...they are different
    you wanne breed bro to sis ....
    you could keep one from a diffrent twin in the litter ...
    then you have 2 different genes to breed with ....
    just tip just tip just tip
    more twins i see in the litter more i like it

9. Hachiman

Hachiman Big Dog

I made a brother/sister breeding with my SAMURAI dog. Iliked the results so much I did the same breeding 2 more times.

10. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

Did you have similar results each time?

11. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

Breeding looks good hachiman gotta love them jeep redboy dogs

12. bounty

bounty Big Dog

The facts about bro sis breedings,

1. both the bro and the sis are made up of 50% the father and 50% the mother.
    Now if both siblings are identical meaning they have the same genes from the mother and the same genes from the father (not including the sex genes) then when you breed them together you will get a very consistent litter with all offspring looking and acting the same (within reason) because they are the same genetically the offspring cannot have variation.

Now lets imagine the opposite scenario where both bro and sis have no shared genes. So they look and act totally different and of the 100% of the fathers genes half go into the son and the other half go into the daughter (unlikely but possible) and same goes for the mothers genes, of her 100% of genes 50% go to the son and the other 50% goes to the daughter. (side fact: both siblings will get the mitochondria from the mother not the father.) Anyway, if they don't have any similar genes, when you breed them together you will get a litter where some pups look like the father and some look like the mother and the rest will be somewhere between both parents.

So to answer your question, it will depend on the bro and sis you breed and the only way to truly find out is to do it. But be wary of structural and mental weaknesses before you do it. Because bad selection is bad selection whether out-crossing or inbreeding.

13. brickduke

brickduke Pup

That desert rat breeding might not be the best example of bro/sis breeding since they were already related. In the third gen theirs only 4 diff dogs and there could be 8. Not surprising they had so many problems and didn't really work. That being said if the great grandparents are unrelated or not as related then a brother sis breeding could work great to preserve a line. I agree with old timer and people must realize they both need to be good dogs and the line needs to be high % or else your wasting time

14. Furious_Ford

Furious_Ford Big Dog

But after all it is a bro/sis breeding, & an good example of what could happen if you went too tight with that bros/sister breeding...which was my point, & not meant to take anything away from 2 way, & 3 way cross(loosely bred) bro/sis breedings, which btw is something I still would not do for my own reasons!!!

15. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

It must of if he did it 3 times in all.

16. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

This question calls for a complex answer. It's all situational and about your knowledge of why you would make any certain breeding, and it should be based and reasoned upon that knowledge. I suggest referring to one or more of the 405904957033505979 threads we have on this subject already.

17. bounty

bounty Big Dog

hahaahaahahah

18. Furious ford that desert rat breeding is not a good inbreed they are more than one hound inbread in his peds plus they are all related listen this is my hound willies fonzie pedigree google it i dont know how to post it up here check it out and let me know wht u think and hes smart as a mf drive for days and loves to please i mean please and stupid mouth check him out fellows but with that desert rat breeding i can see why all they nutz are not showing up

19. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

lol it is called inbreeding google it

20. ziggy311

ziggy311 Big Dog