1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Frozen Semen

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by SRW, Aug 14, 2010.

1. old goat

old goat CH Dog

don't knock it until you've tryed . if you frooze a great dog years ago and you knew the family . then you still have the family today . breeding back to it with that good dog will only help you .

2. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

i wouldn't trust buying straws in less i seen it with my own eyes. with that being said have any of yall owed a test tube dog?

3. SRW

SRW Big Dog

Brockton @ Actually that is something I was hoping we would run into with this thread, but it seems like straw pups are extremely rare.... I was expecting to at least find a tg spike straw pup owner... who knows maybe somebody will show up

4. Ace1

Ace1 Big Dog

Waccamaw has frozen semen off Ch. Big John. He bred it to Chicora recently. I am picking up a female from the breeding in a few weeks. I'm real wary about frozen semen from most people, but trust wacc so i will take my chances. there certainly is a lot of room for someone to be taken adavantage of. Definitely need to know the person you are buying from.

5. SRW

SRW Big Dog

Ace @ any chance of us getting a look at that ped, couldn't find chicora, pm it if you like

6. SRW

SRW Big Dog

just bumping it back up

7. old goat

old goat CH Dog

i don't buy straws . and i do have test tube dogs . and yes you need to know the person you get it from .

8. machobuck

machobuck Big Dog

hey og do you see in difference in the pups from frozen than from normal mating i wouldnt think that there should be a difference

9. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

There is no difference.

10. old goat

old goat CH Dog

no just as hot . i breed a 20 year old straws and the dogs are 7 year and there is no differents .

11. shortbedder

shortbedder Big Dog

I hope the modern science works for those of you playing that way. But day after day I read all the complaints about hung papers and most of it is true. I don't breed and I don't buy pups for that reason. I have played with these dogs for some time now and for me buying young prospects, that I have had the oppertunity to observe has served me well.
    The real dogs of today are as good as any I have seen over 30yrs. I find the problem is in finding real Dog men. And everyone knows why.

12. old goat

old goat CH Dog

i don't sell dogs . they are for me . i know how the studs are breed because most of them i breed . you don't know how any dog is breed unless your did it . you should'nt worry about paper on how their bred . just breed good dogs . and yes it's nice to buy a young pup/dog , but it's a better filling when you breed them for youself self . would'nt you like to have bred 5 generations and be able to go back to a good one in the five generation and breed back to it .

13. Boy-boy 416

Boy-boy 416 Big Dog

i was wondering how long can you keep semen frozen before it goes bad

14. old goat

old goat CH Dog

they don't really know 100+ years .

15. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

can anyone name a dog of rank or a notable dog thats from a test tube?

16. old goat

old goat CH Dog

no no no no no

17. culabula

culabula Big Dog

does it have a pitbull?most greyhounds are bred from frozen semen implants these days.

18. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

how do you go about doing that? getting the semen from a dog you own? a veternarian?

19. U can do both but I rec. a vet................

20. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

you really wanna know sampson?? hell, who knows you may like it!!!:eek: LOL