1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Frozen Semen

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by SRW, Aug 14, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Big Dog

Ok here's an interesting thread... It is the 21st century and artificial insemination cost has come down to about 150 a year to maintain a vile. I am wondering which viles may be out there, possibly, if someone possibly knew where to look... :cool:
    Thanks

2. kayo45

kayo45 Top Dog

You mean from a certain dog?

3. SRW

SRW Big Dog

Boudreaux Badger, Spike... (if the money is right)

4. SRW

SRW Big Dog

Yes i mean from dogs dead or alive.
    Poncho

5. kayo45

kayo45 Top Dog

Frisco and possibly El Negro

6. old goat

old goat CH Dog

have good dogs . but they are secret . really good ones.

7. Young SeNsE_VA

Young SeNsE_VA Top Dog

I know exactly what your taking bout when you say secret lol those are simply the best :D

8. shake

shake Banned

Help goat pm if you whant

9. machobuck

machobuck Big Dog

im wondering at what temp are the vials kept at to keep them good obviously it has to frozen but that can be maintained with dry ice if im correct soon pple are gonna be doing this shit themselves tg wink wink lol

10. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

It depends on who is storing it. The place I use freezes the straws in liquid nitrogen at -196 C. You can actually buy all the equipment and do it yourself if you wanted to. Although it wouldnt be cost effective if you only had a few straws to freeze.

11. machobuck

machobuck Big Dog

thanks for bringing the thread back sd yea wouldnt be worth it for me looking to get some straws off of a couple studs for future use

12. shake

shake Banned

Teach how 2 incement

13. shortbedder

shortbedder Big Dog

With all the good dogs with a heart beat, proven producers, Who gives a shit about
    putting your self in a perfect position to be made a fool of. They don't need to freeze any for me.

14. SRW

SRW Big Dog

Not freezing, is like not having an insurance program...I just don't understand why there isn't more of it.... Especially of good dogs

15. old goat

old goat CH Dog

there is alot out there but private . if you have dogs 20+ years froozen then you have the good stuff . there were more proven producers then .

16. machobuck

machobuck Big Dog

im hopeful that there are dogs today producing better than some of the old great ones thats just a hope tho

17. SRW

SRW Big Dog

Even if there are dogs producing better than some old one's, i definetly can see the benefits of being able to bring back the dead with some straws in any breeding program

18. SRW

SRW Big Dog

lukane has straws floating

19. labulldoger

labulldoger Top Dog

has anyone went through the process yet of having this done??

20. culabula

culabula Big Dog

I can too but from what ive seen with greyhounds,superstars of the seventies didnt really produce when put to modern bitches,some of their daughters made excellent broods though