1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Frozen Semen

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by HighCoastHiker, Feb 3, 2010.

Tags:
  1. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Wondering if anyone out there uses or has used frozen semen.
    Has anyone had any frozen semen issues besides the litter size thing?
    If you're keeping semen, who do you bank with and why? What are the best cost/service companies out there?
    What are the registration issues that you've encountered, if any?
    Good advice/leads deeply appreciated.

2. pitbull-kid

pitbull-kid Big Dog

Hello there,

What size issue with frozen semen?

3. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I was considering doing it sometime in the future.It's kind of expensive though.I don't know about other places prices but I found a place in Little Rock I thought about using if I ever decide to AI with frozen semen.I contacted the vet there and this is what he said
    "The semen storage fee is running 110 per year right now. It is based directly upon cost of liquid nitrogen.
    The surgical implant for breeding with frozen semen typically runs about 240. It varies obviously but that will give you an idea. The total procedure with blood testing, surgery typically runs in the area of 400-450." Anyway,I don't know if I'll ever try it but it's at least an option if I find a stud I just have to have pups from or if I want to save some straws from an old dog I have or something.I'm not sure what registration issues a person would run into.

4. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

there are some forms that are required if youre trying to register a litter from frozen semen. i think theyre on the ADBA website. anyone know how the DNA profiling works in this situation?

5. I just use an ice tray. Fill er up Bronson! LMFAO no seriously I have no experience with this and am eager to see more responses. gh32 thanks for your post....good info.

woody, I will dig for some info and try and answer those questions by evening time. I know somebody I can check with.

6. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

hahaha probably shouldn't have been eating lunch when I opened this one up.

7. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

This is who I go through...
    http://www.icsbmobile.com/

There is a ton of info up on the site and links off that site to help answer all your questions.

:)

8. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Thank you, for the info.

9. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Thanks, for the info.

10. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

The dog who is to be collected needs to be DNA P before the frozen semen of said dog will be recognised by the ADBA.

11. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

thanks mac...i wondered how that worked

12. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

No problem, once you decide to bust a vile in a bitch, the vet performing surgery needs sign an adba form aswell. And when and if you buy a vile from someone make sure you get the transfer of ownership form from the breeder with a copy of the studs dna profile.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010