1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Free health care in America

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hells Bells, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

thats what i thought,....ya wanna know what makes me sleep the best?????HARD WORK, working for a busy masonry contractor pretty much eliminates my need for sleeping pills:D

2. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

That's for sure! I sleep when I can now. And I could literally sleep FOREVER if nothing woke me up. Thankfully, the dogs always make sure I'm awake.

3. GBandy

GBandy Big Dog

Nell_Bell likes this.
  4. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I know alot of people who leach off the welfare system and let me tell you, Most have no intrest of getting a job and getting off these programs, It's a full time job working welfare they say, But it really boils my blood to know I work hard for every penny I earn from either of my 2 jobs yet the people I know that are on welfare eat better then I do, have better healthcare than I do (mind you I work in a hospital, which makes me feel even angrier about them having better healthcare then I do) also have money to go buy whatever they want, there utilities and housing costs are covered as well, with a system like that, what incentive is there for people to get off welfare? There isn't any! They make out better then most people who work for a living...........

5. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

AGK I'd thank you twice if I could.

6. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i would too.:cool: good post

7. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

hold on did someone say sleep? what is this sleep you speak of? i take naps, but i haven't heard of that thing ya'll call sleep in years.lol well between the kids, working, and the dogs, i thought sleep was a myth. i'd like to see less people get free stuff and more of my tax money in my pocket. since that's probably never going to happen, i'll settle for a weekend off (with pay). Lord knows i couldn't afford to take one w/o pay, considering i have to save up to go to the dr sometime this year. it sure would be nice if one of these politcians would step up and put money into getting people into jobs. i could use another one. when one comes along who's willing to do that i'll vote for them for sure. i'd vote for them twice if i could.

8. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I been reading this thread for a little bit and I honestly don't know what the answer is to all the problems.I'll be the first to admit healthcare is out of sight and over priced.I know from experience have seen people work for over 40 years to lose it all with a 2 week illness.Anytime a doctor can take someone's life savings for a few days work is terrible.I've also met some doctors that I thought was less than honest and would rip you off.But on the other hand,with putting the government in control and having them regulate prices,taxes would go up and while I'd be willing to pay taxes for good healthcare,the government has a really hard time doing anything without screwing it up.So government regulation is hardly ever the answer on anything either.I'd hate to have to get government approval to see a doctor.So either way it's not going to be perfect,I guess just don't get sick,because either way your screwed.:(Maybe this is the answer,:) LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap2Cg_FDRy4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5R6kVry4_c http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt6C1Sl3ZrU

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009
  9. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

first off colby dog if you are an ex convict/felon you can get off your high hourse because you were a 20,000 plus dollar per year drain on society...that means if you pay taxes and are an upstanding citizen for the rest of your life you might be able to pay off what you costed our country(only small portion of tax you pay is allocated to prisons)....that also means for that time you werent workin either so you can quit your hating on people who cant work because of illness you close minded narcicistic ass.

although the united states has established itself as one of the worlds greatest powers it did so in such a quick period of time there are many aspects of government, laws, social programs, and policies that did not progress at the same rate we did economicaly.because we have been so strong economicaly the inefficient and inneffective actions of our government has been overlooked,and now that things arent so hot,people are finallyrealizing what our government is doing. there is so much wrong with our country...and for so long we have done nothing to change things...while i do not aggree with the stradegies our government has recently taken, atleast the american people have opened their eyes to what is happening in goverment, maybe obama isnt going to be able to make things perfect in 30 days 6mo maybe not even 2 for 6 or 8 years(he may even make some things worse) but atleast he is creatiing a government that will be scrutinized by the public,which may lead to the eventual restructuring of goverment that is needed.

we are a long way from that but at this point or government has finally decided to do something but they are wasting 80 % of what they are spending, they are pumping billions of dollars to save selected private banks that need to fail. they could spend a little more and nationalize our banking industry which could work or let them succumb to the private market because of their stupid ways.what I think we should do is allow the large banks to fail use federal loans for large industry, and bring back the small town banks,you should go to your local banker bob thats known you since ytou were 5 tell him you have x dollars to put down i make x dollars and am a hard working person and want so and so house together you will decide how much is appropriate for you to buy a house for he will loan you the money and a personal arrangement is made between you and a bank.each month you work hard and go hand bob a check each month,if your having troubles you go talk to bob explain to him the situation and based on your merit he will understand work something out,because he know your a hard working person and although you cant pay now or as much now the bank doesnt have to worry because it isnt working with statistics its working with people... the problem is frugality with loans you cant loan anybody money (we all have friends we know not to let borrow money) and you cant charge exorbiant interest rates to cover the risk to loan high risk people more money than they can afford to begin with.

and NOW to Nationalized health care, in our constitution it state all men are created equeal and entitled to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness...it doesnt say that your only entitled to live if you if you have enough money to pay to live, in my opinion there needs to be a minnimum amount of health care that is available to all people, people should not have to suffer(or die) with their ailments when we are in a position to help them(may not be easy)
    there are ways we could payy for our health care w/o causing much affect on taxes the first thing we need to do is quit wasteful spending,we spend 100's of billions a year keeping non violent drug ofenders behind bars,trillion plus dollars to pay for private bamks mistakes,we also spend umptteen dollars invading the privacy and restricting the rights of our own people, our government should ensure the quality of life of its people and defend them and their interests thats it...not tracking down good men for keeping their own dogs the way they deem fit,because someone decided something is illegal,and putting people behind bars for 10 years for selling pot...thats 200,000plus dollar cost to society to punnish somone for something that isnt hurting anybody. If somone isnt hurting another person with their actions let them do as they wish, its not the job of congressman/government to implement their morality on the people that elected them...morality is subjective and should be left for the individual to decide what is right or wrong for them.
    but the easiest way to pay for government health care would be to legalize marijauanna this would reduce prison costs(non violent drug offenders) and the revenue it produces could be used to cover our peoples health care.

10. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

How do you know he didn't pay enough restitution to pay it back? HM? My boyfriend is a felon and he payed over 40 grand in restitution just as a way to "make an example" out of him for what amounted to vandalizing. He spent 6 months in jail. So, he paid for his own time and maybe Colby's too. . .

Oh, and he paid it off by working 3 jobs until he was a free man.

11. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

''legalize marijauanna this would reduce prison costs''.....YA thats just what we need young kids all messed up on weed. (non violent drug offenders)...Thats BS all them feinds will do violent crimes at one point or another.. they cant just say NO to drugs who can you say no to crime? you ssmoke weed you will do more drugs down the road FACT.Im XSTRAIGHT EDGEX you do drugs around me you will get a BEATDOWN as fast as you can spark a joint.

12. Shameless

Shameless Big Dog

That's a pretty big generalization.
    Just because you have smoked marijuana doesn't mean you will try harder drugs or commit a violent crime.:rolleyes: Where are you getting your "FACTS"?

13. WWII

WWII Banned

No, it doesn't.

We already have this. You CANNOT be denied health care due to lack of insurance.

14. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

homie you sound like an idiot, so apparentely not doing drugs does not keep you from being stupid and id like to see you try to touch me when i spark my doubie id throw your old ass on your head and break your jaw,and thats a FACT

15. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

but like others have said hard working people have to avoid getting the healthcare they need because they do not wish to go into debt...how many people have bad teeth and cant afford to go to the dentist so their teeth rot right out of theur heads, ive seen kids and teenagers who couldnt get theese things... the healthcare system has got to change...and soon it will hopefully for the better

16. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

''id throw your old ass on your head and break your jaw,and thats a FACT''....... IF YOU THINK YOU CAN MY NAME IS J.G.M you can find me on youtube or google me punk

17. The Teflon Don

The Teflon Don Big Dog

Bustin' heads over reefer...LMAO :rolleyes:

18. websterz28

websterz28 Big Dog

i highly doubt thats you...i myself am a fairly high level jiu jitsu player and am going to start fighting this summer....but if that is you mad respect youve fought and beaten some good fighters that i know personally.

19. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

dont kiss ass now im in miami you can get ahold of me anytime and ''throw my old ass on my head and break my jaw,and thats a FACT'' YOU F### S### TALKING CURR!!!

20. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

''you have smoked marijuana doesn't mean you will try harder drugs'' shameless there prolly a handfull of people who stop at weed. if you dont have the willpower you just dont have it. they dont call it ''GATEWAY''for nothing.as for violent crime show me a feind who has never done one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.