1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Franklin vs Silva

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by debodebo, Oct 15, 2006.

1. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

Did anyone see Rich get destoyed last night?

2. Aceman

Aceman Big Dog

I did see it, he was blown out of the water. Did you see his nose man,wow, pushed on the other side of his face. Bet ya he,s hurtin today.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2006
  3. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

I didnt see it but my buddy had it. Sounded like he got rocked by a bunch knee's.

4. gil230

gil230 Big Dog

How would you like your ass handed to you? It was brutal.

5. Aceman

Aceman Big Dog

It was,,,Fraklin showed no resistance, he was deffinetly surprised by his openents power, shame I like Franklin, he,s a great fighter, hopefully he,ll be back for his belt.

6. gil230

gil230 Big Dog

I don't know what was up with him. It was as if he was lost in there. I agree with you in that he is a great fighter, but I'm still tripping out on how easily he got whooped.

7. RED GATOR

RED GATOR Pup

I was sitting ringside doing security. Rich is a good fighter I belive his ego got in the way. Silva had him in a tight muay clench that he could not get out of and the knees to the body really hurt him. when they started conecting to the head that is rap. Rich should have shot for a single or double leg since he could not get out of the clench. I think this is were his ego came into play. He said he is not afraid to stand and strike with anyone. All props to Silva he had an excellent game plan and delivered very quickly.

8. ChevyTech

ChevyTech Pup

Yeah those knees to the body were killing him. I wonder how many breaks he had in his nose it almost looked like the letter C. I feel bad for the guy that wins the ultimate fighter because he has to face silva.

9. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

I cannot understand wtf is up? Ok, Rich has been fighting for lets say 10 years, how do you NOT know how to get out of one of the most used Thai holds???!!!
    He looked soo confused, and just tried to stand straight up, he didnt use his arms or anything! I was yelling wtf are you doing, at the tv screen LOL

Also, even if you know nothing about Thai fighting, dont you think you would learn/drill if you are fighting a thai style fighter? HELLO RICH WAKE UP.

He needs to come down here next time and let Horn drill him :D

10. it looked like one of the initial knees to the body cracked his ribs.....cause when anderson let go of the clinch for a second i saw rich gasp for air....then he grabbed him again and it was over....

he should know how to defend that though ...a guy at his level....all he had to do was pop and shoot....take him down and recover....but then again silva may have submitted though too....the guys from Pride are much better fighters over all... then the UFC...

11. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Didnt see the fight, but I seen the aftermath pictures. If anyone has links to the vid, I'd like to see it, please pm it to me.

Without seeing any of the fight, its amazing to me how people have one bad fight, and everyone assumes they are finished. I'm not necessarily talking about this forum, as I didnt see anyone come out and say that, but on some others, its definetly present. Everyone has bad nights, you can't fight at your peak your entire life, you will have ups, and downs. Franklin is a warrior, and you can bet he will take this in stride, work his ass off, and get his rematch. He may get beat again, Silva is no slouch! But, one loss doesnt mean his career is finished, and I'm amazed at the people saying things like that. Its funny in a way too, those same people who are so quick to discredit fighters, seem to also be the ones to hang onto a fighter who has been beaten, sometimes numerous times, by the same opponents (i.e. Arlovski nut-huggers).

The fact of the matter is theres so many people jumping from bandwagon to bandwagon, always upping the next big thing, and turning their backs on past favorites. I can gurantee you the day Fedor, or Hughes, gets beat (even if its 5 years down the road without a loss) there will be those attempting to discredit them as fighters, regardless of what they've accomplished previously. You can see it now, over at SD theres already a whole cult of people wishing Hughes moves up a weightclass to get beat by their new god.

BTW-anyone catch Baroni's new tattoo? ;) I think he's cocky as hell, and havent ever liked him, but seeing the ink caught me off gaurd. I hear he's grown up quite a bit, and isnt the fratboy he used to be. Wonder what his story is, and if he truely knows what that ink means, or not?

12. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

Both organizations have great fighters. To say one is better based on one fight is just crazy. Their have been alot of fighters who could not win in the UFC and than went to Pride and go on a win streak.

13. davidlau_2002

davidlau_2002 Top Dog

when you're caught in a bad situation with the muay clench and you lean forward, you get rapped in the ribs or abs and when they pull you over the knee you lean more and more forward with your wind knocked out. it's over before you even get kneed in the head but that is the closer.

14. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

Franklin is good at every aspect of fighting but a superstar at nothing.

UFC needs to shell out some money and get some Pride calibur fighters for the 185 division: Denis Kang and Dan Henderson come to mind, they would tear that division apart. Denis and Hendo are in Pride, fighting out of their natural weight classes.

Franklin was Dana's poster boy, good looking and well spoken. I doubt he's happy that Silva has the title, he will look to get another poster boy to beat him but it wont be easy, Silva can bang with anyone

15. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

16. REACTiON

REACTiON Pup

hopefully i can watch it as soon as i get home..

17. Aceman

Aceman Big Dog

I have no doubt Franklin will be back for his belt, but with a different game plan in mind. As soon as he got into the clinch with Silva you could see that (DAMM THIS GUY IS STRONG ) look in his eyes. He,s too experienced of a fighter to let himself get into that position with a guy who has mastered the trade.He should have never let Silva get close enough, look what happens to guys when they try to smother Chuck Lidell, they eat leather. Franklin will be back!!

18. gil230

gil230 Big Dog

19. RED GATOR

RED GATOR Pup

Franklin will be back you can bet on that. I did not see the fire in his eye on his way to the ring or while he was in the ring. I don't know if there was something going on with him prior or what but he did not seem to be himself even before the fight started.