1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Fox Valley APBTC IL show

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by hrdeluxe, Jun 18, 2007.

1. hrdeluxe

hrdeluxe Big Dog

Is anyone going to this show on June 30, July 1st??? Its about an hour from me and would like to make some contacts and meet some people.

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Myself, and my partners will be there. Will be showing a black adult male for certain, what else we bring is up in the air. More than likely, a pup or two for fun. Never stopped into the conformation ring before, so it should be exciting.

I believe Bulldozer will be there as well.

3. hrdeluxe

hrdeluxe Big Dog

I hope to make it Sunday. I have been working a bunch at the bar so who knows. Don't bring any extra pups you need fed. I might snatch one.

4. Blaizen

Blaizen Big Dog

We have plans to be there. It's about a 14 hr. drive for us from Florida. :eek: Has anyone heard who's judging?
    Looking forward to meeting some of you folks. See ya there!

5. Roach

Roach Big Dog

I will be there, I don't have any dogs to bring, as all of mine are in SE Missouri, but I just live about 30 mins away from New Lennox so I will definately be there as a spectator, and if anyone that is going needs help showing something, hit me up, I have references here too so you can trust me. I know people here that will vouch for me..

later

Roach

6. Roach

Roach Big Dog

bump it back up

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Looking at the ADBA website, is pre-registering a requirement? Planning on registering the day of the show, if possible.

Right now, it looks like I'll be bringing a buckskin white male pup, and a jet black little bitch pup along with the black adult male. Never shown, or even stacked one, but it should be fun at least ;)

8. i'll be there with 3 dogs. lizzy, bronson, and nicodemus. lizzy and bronson are in the 9-12 month puppy class and nick is in the 18-24 male class. look fwd to seeing everybody there.

14rock,

no you DON'T have to pre-register. registration will be held both mornings of the show. you can if you want to online, but not required to.

9. Roach

Roach Big Dog

For those interested in going to the show this weekend below is the address to the site so you can use a map program to get there... see you all there

Francis Field 4H Fairgrounds
    800 Francis Rd.
    New Lenox, IL 60451

10. NC

NC CH Dog

Bring the beast!! He's ugly.. but he deserves to have some fun!

11. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

LOL! He ain't ugly in my eyes, but I'm sure others will disagree. To tell the truth, I really don't want to put him on any 1.5'' collar, where he can see other dogs. Plus, he's still 1/2 shaven. Not to mention, he's just been sitting on the chain for the past few months, which is why I was going to bring puppies on my end, and meet my partner with an adult a few weeks out of keep. Don't have anything in show condition really, and it was too hard to justify putting one through a keep for some ribbons. LOL! I'll have to make a final judgement soon, if I can even make it.

One partner decided not to make the trip. A buddy is contemplating going, if I let him show a pup. Hopefully he doesn't change his mind, I'm really looking forward to it. However, WhiteyRansom is one person who knows just how hard it is to rely on this guy!

It looks like Sunday if we make it.

12. well to anyone who will be there look me up. my pic is in my gallery. i'm not hard to find.....LOL

i am meeting the fine folks from blaizen kennels there. bronson has a chance to champion as a puppy while we are there. it's a stretch but he does have a mathmatical chance.

i look fwd to seeing any and all members there.

have a safe trip to anybody who attends.

BB

13. hrdeluxe

hrdeluxe Big Dog

I hope to make it on Sunday with the fiancee. I'll be there in shorts and a shirt with Jimi Hendrix's face on it. Thats the only thing I could think of to make me stand out a bit. Haha

14. BullDozer

BullDozer Top Dog

I'll be there as well with a couple as well. Picked up a keg of ESB from Rock Bottom for any passers through as well. I am still contemplating about bringing diesel. He cut himself playing outside and I don't know how well it is going to look when I am done fixing him up so we'll see. I am going to prolly get there midday but my wife will be there early w/ Dahlia and Dozer. I am going all day Sunday as well. We don't have set dress atire as of yet so look for the tan Lexus RX 350.

15. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Anyone have an idea of when the show starts, and a rough estimate on when it's over? Planning to be there Saturday now.

16. hrdeluxe

hrdeluxe Big Dog

So.....What's the results? I didn't make it out to the show. I had a LONG weekend and needed to mow and start my patio.

17. i attended the show. wow we could not have asked for a nicer weekend as far as the weather went. what nice days to have a show! my friends from blaizen kennels came up, as did my friends from black knight kennels. it was great to see you all once again! lots of people from the board were there. i saw and talked with iron mike, jucking ferk, bulldozer and somebody else i am forgetting.....sorry whoever you are wake me up! lol bulldozer it was nice meeting you, sorry i was on my way in the ring or i woulda talked longer. ferk, nice dogs! ferk has some very nicely bred stuff! the show went well and on to the results.

on saturday bronson took 1st, lizzy took 2nd, and nick took the booby prize...lol

on sunday bronson took 2nd, lizzy took 1st, and nick got what was behind door # 3.

here's some pics........enjoy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. hrdeluxe

hrdeluxe Big Dog

Congrats Boogie!!! Any "big name" judges there? I would have loved to have went. Kicking myself now seeing that it was so close to me.

19. roger scott was there. i like the guy alot. he knows his stuff.......except when he didn't pick bronson for best puppy....lmao :D

beth hart was the other judge. i don't know much about her cept she's been showing for a long time and judging about 7 years.

20. BullDozer

BullDozer Top Dog

Yep it was a ball and met alot of good folks. No problem Boogiemanblood, I enjoyed pettin your boy there he sure is a good looking dog, real calm well mannered and you could see alot of focus in his eyes, a well put together intelligent dog. We had alot of fun and only wish we coulda brought a few of you back for our afterhours party Saturday and Sunday which would have surely left you holding your heads and swearing up and down sweating in the sun the next day. It surely was a feat worthy of a ribbon that I even made it to the Sunday show and thanks to the guys at Fox Valley, dan and the president of the club for providing all that water - oh - and the good humor guy who stopped through - somehow I made it. The weather was perfect as well. Saturday was a quiet ride home with no ribbons. Sunday we took first with Dozer in the 5 and up males and second in the 3-5 males with Diesel. My compliments to the judge for her good taste. Dahlia we found is a real nutcase in the ring and it just may be too much for her to be shown although I think we may give her one last shot. From what I understand now growling at a judge is a serious point deduction... lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2007