1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

formula breeders please chime in.......

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by who, Jul 7, 2011.

1. who

who Top Dog

I'm fairly familiar with peoples and breeders thoughts when breeding to maintain a small family of dogs. I've essentially been bred into a corner twice. Some know I'm going one more endeavor into bringing out some dibo dogs with what's. Survived around me, but a trusted friend suggested a avenue with my new outs I'll be bringing over my last females around here. SO MY QUESTION IS...... ARE FORMULA STYLE FAMILIES SUCCESS BASED ON INDIVIDUALS OR DO YOU GUYS BANK ON GENETIC MAKEUP WITH GRANDPARENTS BACKING THE LITTERS YOU BREED? (This is for you redboyjockotombstonebolio/rascaljeepredboy/mimsmaverick guys) is family unclesaunts half siblings the way to balance or is stretching to other similar style families and cross in and out with 3/4 back and forth loosely? What's beat me before is yard size..... I have to pass on breedings and I'm wondering who's dogs survive doing what? Thanks guys

2. who

who Top Dog

Inbreed on the good 2 litters, or shift around based on grandparents, great grandparents, juggling the ratio based on history?

3. who

who Top Dog

???? surprising......

4. garth

garth Big Dog

Are these dogs set as a family or are they rank out crosses?I belive in keeping a family as pure as I can,but I do cross every now an then.

5. who

who Top Dog

the 3 families involved in these dogs were real inbred dogs already. I had 2 all good litters in the 50-50. Family 1 over 2. And family 1 over 3. Our 3/4's "pure" are yearlings now. And most carry the family 1's firey demeanor. Real hybrids...... I got another pup for an expected out that I feel will be needed. The debate with our guys is UNCLE-NIECE type stuff playing with just these 5-6 litters. Or focus on "the formula" clicking back and forth with extended cousins based off grandparents loosely. Rascal/jeep/redboy. Tombstone/bolio/redboy/jocko. Turtlebuster/bolio/eli.

6. garth

garth Big Dog

Uncle-Niece is fine as long as you use the best one's.I would use both,but focus on useing the best dog or bitch in every planed breeding you make with the intent of inproven them with every breeding you make.JMO

7. who

who Top Dog

Cool. Thanks for the input brother,
    THE FORMULA DEBATE GOES ON........

8. who

who Top Dog

I've talk with a few that have even stated crosses need to keep crossing..... as in always throwing that 1/4 out in of like style dogs, fishing for throwbacks? Anyone want to cast that vote? As in no inbreeding "crosses"

9. garth

garth Big Dog

IMO when one starts out to breed dogs,one must be honest with their selves,what do I intend to do with the up coming litters,but for most in your mind should be what do you these dogs for,ie pets,companions,conformatiom shows or true working dogs meaning catch dogs.If your breeding working dogs with the intent of improveing them as a family,then set them 4 way crosses as a family by inbreeding the best proven ones you can obtain.Once you have set them with the genetic make that you like keep them as your main family.Now you can cross but always with proven dogs or bitch's of one the dogs that started your 4 way cross family.Dogs bred within a family breed truer,then always crossing.But what do I know,to each his or her own.

10. who

who Top Dog

I see what you mean, small yard here so we have to pass over breedings, trying to get a good back for the buck. Inbreeding on fresh crosses was always told as a 'no-no' to me, we double checking our avenues, SO GUYS PLEASE CHIME IN WITH A FORMULA FOR CROSSES?

11. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

if you bank on grandparents then you will go bankrupt. do some research on genealogy & you will understand why. think about this. would you rather breed to a " ch bloodline" or breed to a ch ? if you can answer that it will reveal what type of dogs you are trying achieve.

12. who

who Top Dog

Yeah but show me a champion from tight inbreeding? Ch 357? Yellow? Pit general and dogs that came straight off nigger? I tend to think those are flashes in the pan when it comes to tight inbreeding rather than a rule, so benbrockton your vote goes down as 'use good parents and grandparents and don't look beyond that cause it doesn't really make up the dog....'? Most gr ch have the same producing record to me as uncheck pretty pappered dogs? THE DEBATE GOES ON!! LMAO

13. who

who Top Dog

Seen it with my own eyes champs produce curs and curs produce champions..... I'm just trying to understand more than just a best to best style of breeding program, I don't have the ability or even want 150 dogs to take care of, there has to be a throwback come along that throws himself? Just asking how y'all have seen it done......

14. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

i was just talking to my buddy that had a littermate to AIRHEAD'S RED BUD who made rank tight as you can get. GR CH HAND'S HAPPY JACK (5XW) GR CH CREW'S SIR DOG (7XW) CH R-GANG'S LIL BO CH BORINQUEN BONNIE CH BORINQUEN DUELLY JR GR CH LEE'S CANDY MAN (5XW) GR CH GILLIS' GIZMO (7XW) ROM *GR CH HARGROVE'S RUFUS 6XW) ROM CH HARGROVE'S BRANDY............everything listed is inbred ranked dogs. & guess what the produced more rank dogs that were still inbred & there's dogs off them dogs not listed online. there's absolutely NO DEBATE. the tighter you went the better dogs you got. time for the O'l saying " those that know, know & those that don't wish they did. LMFAO

15. who

who Top Dog

Never mind ben, the debate goes on!!!

16. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

that's cool who. good luck getting your throw back dogs LMFAO

17. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i think they call it chasing dead dogs lol

18. who

who Top Dog

When you breed your not creating your unlocking, and this thread is for the formula,

19. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

yes DP that what it is chasing dead dogs. ''When you breed your not creating your unlocking'' who you are wrong about that. thats what you are dooing creating becuas dogs cant breed to themselves. geneolgy tells you that really you aint got a clue about formula becuase you dont understand how genes work. thats the start of a "formula" in itself. so like you said if you seen ch produce cur and cur produce ch then take your ass to the cur and breed to that. forget about what the pappers say and breed to dogs that produce. rember my first post asking what youd rather breed to a ch bloodline or a ch itself? well i think i know what dog you breed to lmfao.

20. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

I guess thats the FORMULA right there LMAO.