1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

For what its worth, what bothers me...

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Diesel, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Okay, lets be clear on a few things really quick.
    1. dont refer to me as a member of this "they or them" pigeon-hole that you seem to think that ALL owner and breeders of thea merican bully seem to fit into, I am nothing like that and its disrespectful to insinuate that i am. (again something that we have been going back and forth over for years)

2. Everyone here is always talking about this is a gamedog board and yadda, yadda.... but why is it that these posts about bullys continue to come up? Why was Gottys death even brought here, if not to contribute to the negatvity and the bash fest that has gone on continuously for the 3 years i have been a part of this board. I have gone toe to toe on more occasions than i can count about those dogs. it almost seems like you guys run out of things to talk about and to build some unity you bring up the bullys so you can all bash them and boost your egos or whatever it is. And as far as me not coming here, i dont just like bullys.. I like gamebred dogs too. Reading thorough the posts on this board even when i dont comment is very educational, and one of the biggest joys i have is to read about dogs of all breeds. From the standpoint of information this board has it in droves.... but the negativity and all of that that comes with the way these post about bullys is handled its just in poor taste.

3. the stress to which i was referring is thefact that everytime these type of posts pop up. I take them personally, i feel like you are trying to insinuate that I fall under the criteria of the people that you continue to disrespect, and at the point on i am looking at it as a "if the shoe fits" ype of scenario... i know that i dont o any of those things so why do i even care. Why would i waste the time of trying to defend my choice in dogs again for the 2-300th time when this post will do nothing but pop up again in a few weeks and the exact same things will be said. its pointless and not worth the stress. You are all going to think what you think, you ahve seen something or heard something that has formed your opinion and its not my job to be the voice of the bully world. I can tell you alll day long that not all breeders are like that, but at the same time you will go online and you will see a thousand morons with dogs doing exactly what you are saying "they all" do. Its crazy for me to keep putting myself out there standing up for them all when a lot of them I cant stand because they do exactly what you are saying. I am not denying that for a lot of cases you arent 100% correct. .. but there are cases where you are wrong. its not about money, its not about breeding, its about having a dog that makes you proud. Who are you to tell another person what to take pride in?

All you can do is keep your own yard true, focus on your own programs and make sure that everything you do and say is in line with that stick you are measuring everyone else against.

2. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

So I take it you saw the "I heard Gotti Died" thread was closed too huh? Yeah I went and looked to do some more "bashing" but personally I didnt have the energy to open a whole new thread. You must like the abuse you feel like you get from game dog people if you keep coming back for more and open your own thread to let the subject keep living instead of dying..... and you expect one of us to not scratch into a Bully argument again? Like you said its pointless... the thread will just get closed after about 2 pages anyway and none of the education shared will be absorbed by the morons who need it most anyway. So I guess its better to give up and quit like a cur since we cant even have a good debate about it to begin with.

3. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

Because I just felt like sharing it. And I didn't participate in the thread any further. Everyone just let it run out of control.

4. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

OK, I will have to keep this short b/c I have to go to work soon.

1: You are "pigeon-holed" b/c while you may not DO some of the things AmBully breeders do, you support & defend them, which to most is just as bad.

2: The posts on bullies are brought up b/c this IS a game dog board. The creation & proliferation of bullies is adding to the demise of the game dog, something that is usually important to those of us who own these dogs.

3: You shouldn't let the stress get to you - I know it's hard but as the old saying goes, if you can't stand the fire, get out of the kitchen. At least you aren't being accused of starving your dogs or of being a dog fighter b/c of the choice of dogs you own. :rolleyes:

As for our opinions, most of us have experinced bully dogs, not just seen or heard about them.

As for cases of us being wrong, please show them to us. I'd LOVE to see one. Show me a bully pointed in conformation, weight pull, CD, CGC or therapy dog. What about the OFA & cardo tests these dogs need? But guess what? YOU CAN'T b/c NONE exisit. That's b/c 99.99% of the owners of these dogs see them nothing more than $$$$ making machines.

But your closing statement is right on. All we can do is keep our own yards true, but when you see a blantant case of folks taking advantage of this great breed, don't be surprised when folks do speak up.

5. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

OK, I will have to keep this short b/c I have to go to work soon.

1: You are "pigeon-holed" b/c while you may not DO some of the things AmBully breeders do, you support & defend them, which to most is just as bad.
    yes, I do defend SOME of them. Becuase i actually am out in those bloodlines and talking to the breeders i know them as people, instead of as the faceless mass of BYB, money grubbing low lides that you seem to think they are. Believe it or not a personal preference in a dog doesnt instantly make them fit into any particular category. I mean for the longest time people were convinced that anyone that worked with gamedogs was letting the dogs fight to the death for money and just used them as tools to get sick gratification... is that the case? Profiling, prejudice, or what ever you want to call it based on any particular trait is wrong in my book.

2: The posts on bullies are brought up b/c this IS a game dog board. The creation & proliferation of bullies is adding to the demise of the game dog, something that is usually important to those of us who own these dogs.

Maybe i missed it. I dont see how sitting on this board and just basically talking shit about bullys is diong anything positive for anyone. its not an intelligent debate on the physical traits of the gamedog versus the bully, why the gamdog is a superior athlete or anything like that, its just bashing comments, and flaky attempts as ghetto speak to impersonate and degrade the owners/ breeders. how exactly is that helping anything?

3: You shouldn't let the stress get to you - I know it's hard but as the old saying goes, if you can't stand the fire, get out of the kitchen. At least you aren't being accused of starving your dogs or of being a dog fighter b/c of the choice of dogs you own. :rolleyes:

I have been here 3 years, if i couldnt take it i would have gone the road of a pretty much every bully lover that has come and gone.
    dont worry your little head about me... I'm good.

As for our opinions, most of us have experinced bully dogs, not just seen or heard about them.

Some moron bumping into you on the street or seeing a post on a message board is not experienceing them. I get pissed off my damn self about the people i see and the posts i read, again they might be the most easily seen and possibly even the majority, but they are not the only voices or schools of thought in the lines. I stand by what i said... all people that like bully dogs are not alike.

As for cases of us being wrong, please show them to us. I'd LOVE to see one. Show me a bully pointed in conformation, weight pull, CD, CGC or therapy dog. What about the OFA & cardo tests these dogs need? But guess what? YOU CAN'T b/c NONE exisit. That's b/c 99.99% of the owners of these dogs see them nothing more than $$$$ making machines.

Now see there you go talking without researching, you will find BOTH health tested and show pointed bullys at this one website... and this is just one of the sites.
    http://www.ruckuskennels.com/
    You think you have us all pegged and point blank this proves that you do not.

But your closing statement is right on. All we can do is keep our own yards true, but when you see a blantant case of folks taking advantage of this great breed, don't be surprised when folks do speak up.

bam-bam's mom likes this.
  6. ayobreezie

ayobreezie Big Dog

I think the problem is that bully owners CLAIM their dogs are APBT's or "pit bulls" when they aren't... that's what stirs up the trouble.. and that's why they get all the negativity. Because even if you try to educate a newly found bully owner about his dog not being an APBT, he would be mad as hell to know that because he just paid out the a** for his new "pit bull" that is soon to be called a mutt?

But it's really the fact that most bully owners call their dogs APBTs.. and won't stop, because it says it on paper.. and because of the amount they paid and what it says on paper, I'd be pretty stubborn if someone told me something else, too.. I'd be pissed if I just paid over $2500 - $3000 for a mutt w/ hung papers.

7. CooljoeGoodie

CooljoeGoodie Big Dog

Every breed was bred for a purpose....so can you tell us what's the bullys.Those dogs are an abomination to a breed of athletes... sorry but that's J!M!O!....FPBT's

8. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

La la la la la...

"This is a gamedog site and it always will be first and foremost. However, ALL Pit Bull owners are welcome and encouraged to come here in an effort to educate everyone about gamedogs and general APBT behavior. That includes some categories which may not be your personal choice. Do NOT contribute to the Gamedog/Pet/Blue debate and do not flame someone for their personal taste. New members: If your preference is a bulldog category other than the gamebred/working APBT please understand there may be limited interest in your posts. Keep your posts of a more general nature if you want positive feedback. All members: If you feel someone is completely out of their element encourage them to stay and learn about the REAL American Pit Bull Terrier."

La de da laa la de da da da...whistle whistle whistle la de doop de da...

9. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

to be a pet and companion. there are lots of breeds of dog that are just companion animals. not every breed is a working dog.

should they be called APBT, no. i agree they are better classified as American Bullies.

10. ayobreezie

ayobreezie Big Dog

I don't agree with classifying them as "American Bullies," but that's better than APBT's.. if it's like that, then all the BYBers can just be registering their dogs as "Labradoodles," "Schnoodles," and whatever the hell these BYBers come up with to name their mutts.

11. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  12. CooljoeGoodie

CooljoeGoodie Big Dog

Diesel...man there are somethings that shouldn't be... i wish you well,no hard feelings,only opinion.

13. deepsouth

deepsouth Big Dog

Diesel, I hope you are not taking all the criticism of the "bully" dogs personally. I'm sure they make great pets and some are healthy. You sound like someone who loves your dogs a lot. And that's all that really matters in the end.

It just seems that the majority of these "bully" breeders don't know what the heck they're doing. Producing tons of pups without rhyme or reason. But in all fairness, it cuts both ways. Plenty of people with gamedogs just peddling them to anyone with cash.

It all boils down to being a responsible owner that looks out for the dog's best interest in the end.

14. It doesn't really matter if you agree, that's what they are. Haven't you heard of the American Bully Kennel Club? Thery are not "mutts", they can be registered with the ABKC as American Bullies because it is considered a new breed. I don't agree with them being registered as APBTs, and I don't like all the puppy peddling a lot of the bully people do, and I admit a lot of bullies look like 50 gallon barrels with legs, but some of these dogs look good (though few and far between) for what they are. I perfer game dogs myself, but I don't crack down on the bullies and bully lovers just because they are not my cup of tea. Oh, and I own a "bully" (though probably not what you think of as one) that can run over 35 miles an hour and that's a fact. This is her.

[​IMG]

15. 440rider

440rider Guest

agree with this 100%....folks run at the mouth and most you will find don't have anything more than a fantasy of a well bred dog themselves.

16. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Desiel has been on this site for a long time and has offered very intelligent threads. I've never heard him call bullies APBT's. I could see if he came on here incorrect, but you can tell by his post that he carefully chooses his words before he types them so I think that he deserves a little more respect that some are giving him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  17. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Please explain. Why shouldnt they be? With all the designed breeds,mixes, mutts and pet dogs out there, what makes any one better or worse than another?

You're right, i shouldnt be taking it personally and i am seeing that now.
    There is nothing that i protest and criticize more than the breeding practices for the bullys, the dogs are going to suffer greatly if they dont wake up. In all breeds there are people that are looking to make a buck... just seems that there are a LOT more of them dealing with the bully lines.

Agreed.

Ditchwitch95- Great looking girl, and a very well stated comment.

440Rider- My thoughts exactly.

Thank you very much... talk about a comment that makes you feel good. Damn, i think i just blushed, lol.

18. CooljoeGoodie

CooljoeGoodie Big Dog

Diesel,don't mind me,some times I still get ahead of myself,I'm not a dogman...yet,but with the good Lord's help I just might become one some day...I was only trying to be a smarta$$,and say something that others would agree with,at your expence.You know what you like and I know what I like and we both do the best we can and thats all that really matters..R.

SMOKIN HEMI likes this.
  19. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

I can respect any man that can make such a statement. No blood, no foul.

20. ayobreezie

ayobreezie Big Dog

Okay, why don't I go out and buy some Labradoodles and start breeding them.. then, I can make a KC called LDKC.. everyone can register their "new breed" of dog with our kennel club.. we can even have shows.. how's that sound? We can all have the hottest new trend.. how about Schnoodles? SKC? Sounds great.. I think that's what I'll do, eh? Sorry, I was just saying how I view it.. their still mutts in my eyes.. so, if it were that easy to make a new breed, then, yeah.. I wouldn't mind it.. I'm not saying they're not good dogs.. I'm just saying.. their mutts, and that registration BS just adds to the high price tagged mutts.. I'm pretty sure they're some bad ass dogs, I've got friends that got some nice ones.. but to say they're not mutts.. just because the originators wanted to open a KC because of the heat they were getting from the true APBT community is saying that any mutt can be registered.. as long as someone is willing to make a kennel club for that particular mix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.