1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

? for those with carpet mills

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by concreterose, Feb 15, 2007.

1. What side do you spray the silicone spray on...the belt side, or the carpet side?
    Also, my belt is starting to look a little worn. How do you know when it is time to replace it?
    Thanks in advance.

2. MoPulldogs

MoPulldogs Big Dog

Are you running the mill with the carpet side down? This is how they are intended to run...spray the silicone on the board that the carpet runs over. The dog should be running on the rubber backing of the carpet ;)

3. OnionHead

OnionHead Big Dog

Is the deck where the dog is running on wearing down? If so you spray it there to help stregthen the belt an give a bit more grip as well

4. Yep, dog is running with carpet side down...OK, so I need to take the mill apart and spray the board it sounds like?

Nope, not the deck, just the rubber portion of the carpet back...in the middle. I got the siliconized caulk they recommend on the site (grand carpet mill) but haven't put it on there yet.

5. OK, last night I sprayed the rollers, the board, and the carpet with a layer of silicone...then put a layer siliconized acrylic on the rubber side. I can now wait to replace the belt for a bit, the siliconized acrylic works awesome for preserving the belt!

Also, the silicone spray has made the belt MUCH more free spinning...solomon got more of an aerobic workout and ran a lot longer. Thanks again for the tips!!!:cool: