1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

For Football Fans

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SMOKIN HEMI, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Suki

Suki Guest

[​IMG]AFC Champs!!!!!!!!!
    :D

~18 - 0~

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2008
  2. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

YES !!!!!!

3. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I hope the Pats win. I liked the Pats before the logo change & I liked them when folks would flat-out laugh in your face if you even mentioned the NE Patriots. So now to see them on top for me is great & to see them have a chance at going undefeated is even better.

As for Farve, I used to respect the man, but now I think he's a whiny little b!tch. Crying & threatening to quit if he doesn't get his way. lol, I see that at the grade school I work at, so that behaviour from a supposed NFL superstar does not endear him to me.

And as a side note, I can't stand Moss or Bellicheck (sp?) either, so my dislike for Farve is not just a GB thing.

That being said - GO PATS!! :D

4. jason r

jason r Big Dog

pats should be thanking the colts for hurting rivers and tomlinson.if they wouldve been 100%,it might have been a different story.mvp brady wasnt that impressive either.he is lucky that the pats have a good defense.

5. Suki

Suki Guest

yup, admittedly Brady's game was a tad off, and injuries were key as well, but what the hay~
    the win works for me~ :D
    .....so does 19 and 0 ;) .....

congrats to the Chargers. they played awesome. [​IMG][​IMG]

6. jason r

jason r Big Dog

patriots vs giants in the super bowl.last time they played was a shootout.outta be a good game again.

7. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Yep, Congrats to Patriots and Giants fans...I, myself, am a Giants fan. I hope they show up to this superbowl, because if anyone remembers the last one, they played like a bunch of high schoolers (and that's being nice)...
    It was a weird game, because though I'm a Giants fan. Part of me wanted to see the Packers Vs. Patriots Superbowl, but still excited about the Giants going.

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I'm a Bears fan. As such, if we can't win, just keep the Packers and Cowboys out. We're all happy :D! LOL

9. Tonka03

Tonka03 Big Dog

THEY WILL BE GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!! TO THE THE NFC CHAMPS

NEW YORK GIANTS!!!!

10. jason r

jason r Big Dog

i for one,sure hope so.everywhere you turn there seems to be a patriots fan.i guess the undefeated record brings them out of the closet.lol

11. jason r

jason r Big Dog

the circus act with the media never ends.for weeks the media will be on the topic,will favre retire or not.this has been going on for years.they never learn.leave the guy alone,he will make up his mind whenever he wants to.what is farve 38?hell warren moon played until 40 or so.

12. Triple_S

Triple_S Pup

Even though my home team is the EAGLES, i would really like the Giants win the super bowl.

13. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Since the Giants always are right there with my Redskins in contention every year and in the same division...... it seems I usually root against them and hate them , BUT I really hate The Patriots and have to pull for NY now... since Farve couldnt get the job done and neither could the Chargers. I wanted it to be GB and then watch Favre win and retire with another ring and stop the 19-0 bound Patriots.... but it didnt go that way so.....I guess GO...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even though they probaly cant get'er done I do wish they can for some reason even if on a fluke... because it would be funny to see Brady not go 19-0.

14. jason r

jason r Big Dog

i have a buddy that might disagree with you.im suprised he hasnt posted on this yet.he says favre is his hero.lets see if he speaks up.

15. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

im not gonna get into the whole Favre retirement issue, but anyone who can call him a bitch doesnt know a f-in thing about the NFL

16. jason r

jason r Big Dog

sounds like a packers fan letting some anger out.just kidding.favre has took pay cuts to help the team out.he knows he is at the end of his career,that is why he wants and asks the packers to pursue big free agency players.i wouldnt count that being a whiny little b!tch.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2008
  17. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

I agree. Favre has been a true example of how a Football player should be. He is a team player, not a "look at me" kind of guy. He isn't just in it for the money or fame. He loves the game, and is a great player. I have a lot of respect for Favre and always have.

18. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

A true example of how a football player should be? If I don't get my way, I'm gonna quit! If this team doesn't start winning I'm gonna quit! That doesn't sound heroic or admirable to me. It's sounds like a little .. well I already said what it sounds like.

Now I will agree he is better than most & he does have some good qualities about him, which is why I used to respect him. Then he started whining like a spoiled tot w/ a dirty nappy. And once that started that, I lost all respect for the man.

Oh well, c'est la vie.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2008
  19. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

I can't say that I heard about him doing that...I find it hard to believe, but you never know. I guess if they have him on tape saying it, then it's true...
    Last thing I heard, he let them drop his salary so that they could bring even more better players on the team, which I thought was pretty noble.

20. WWII

WWII Banned

Seeing as how the Giants beat my Boys, I was rooting against them when they played the Packers. And seeing how they beat the Packers, I'll be rooting against them in the Super Bowl.

I'm not a Patriots fan, but would like to see them take it for a record.