1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

For Christ Sake!!!

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Mr. Brownstone, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

Those mystery shits cleared for about a week while i was on vacation, i mean they where a tiny soft but really not bad all and all. Then all the sudden like right when we get home they get the shits again bad!!! One of the dogs seemed to be having a hard time again the day before we came home but nothing terrible.

They are def passing this between each other as on two occasions i have seen one dog show symptoms first and then the other dog follow behind by a few days. They start out on the same cycle, kinda soft, then real bad soft to almost water, then firms up maybe and maybe.

I am went yesterday and got em the brown box Ivermec 1%.. i gotta run out and get poker from CVS. I get the dose but to treat the things Ivermec will treat for how many times do i give this to them, like how many days and how often. It does not make much sense to me i would give them just the normal heart worm dose and call it a day? who knows maybe i am wrong.

Also gonna treat for tapes Giardia next then Tapes so on and so forth. Just gonna hit em both hard as this is nasty and i cant take watching em sick and wthe worry and i cant keep getting up ever 5 min to let em out to shit!!!

2. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

switch to cooked chicken and rice for a bit, with a lil warm water,...you want there stool to firm up , but still enough moisture to digest it, too dry it will come out like a dry wetabix cereal....(hard to pass) but they could of just got a shit bag of food, how long has it been going on, since the new bag of food? or last two bags of food? , bring a sample of the stool in maybe? Parvo maybe? or got in to something bad, dead mice carry diseases that could make them ill, you pretty much got to go threw every thing and rule it out, if done on your own can be cheaper than going to the vet..could be something as simple as blood and stool sample,

i seen your dewormign them also, if you give to muchh they can become ill to!

3. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

If they didnt have a problem while you were on vacation and got it again when you came home, then there's something in your home environment that's probably causing it. Can they get to any stagnant water in your yard?

4. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

When the problem started and only one dog had the shits i was told by my vet to put her boiled chicken and rice. I did this for like 6 weeks and it did not help at all. When i went on vacation i changed there feed "mixing old and new" as i also have a dog with allergies and he was at the end of a 12 week trial on a Lamb based food "California Naturals". I started mixing that with food named Addiction that is pork based. I gave it to both dogs as my girl had been on chicken and rice so long and still had the shits. I took away the rice and added just a touch of kibble to her boiled chicken. I kept adding a bit more every day. Right away both dogs stool got much better and to the point that within a few days the stool was perfect. A day or two before i came home my dog that was never on boiled chicken and the one that got this shits problem second started having loose stools again, within a couple days both my dogs had the shits again.

So as far as boiled chicken and rice goes it did nothing for this and i tried it for almost two months.

If my dogs had Parvo and this had been going on for at least two months know wouldnt they be very sick if not dead?

5. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

It came back a day or two before we got home in one of my dogs. Then when i got home my other dog got sick again. About two weeks ago they where treated with Panecur and a week before that one had been treated for 20 days on Flagil and the other for 10 days on flagil. Neither helped at all. This is why i just wanna treat for everything, Giardi, Coccidia, Worms, Parasites, Tapes as i have never done that one. Can you think of anything else i should treat for?

Also so i can only give 1/10th cc per 10lbs of body weight with the Ivermec per month. To me that sounds the the heart worm dose and i would be shocked if that is enough to de-worm if you had a infestation?!!!