1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Flirtpole

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by COREY KNIGHT, Jun 29, 2004.

1. SINCE THE FLIRTPOLE MAKES A DOG USE SHORT SPEED BURST DOES THAT BUILD THERE SHOULDERS MUSCLE OR CUT THEM UP (MAKE THEM MORE LEAN). ALSO DOES THAT BUILD THERE GAMENESS CHASING THE MEATAROUND? AND WHAT ARE SOME DIFFERENT THINGS U GUYS USE THE FLIRTPOLE FOR.

2. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Nothin gonna change gameness. It's either there or it ain't.
    yis Crash

3. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

As its already been said, its impossible to build on gameness, you're either game or your not. Some dogs may be "gamer" than others, but you are never gonna build a cur into a gamedog.
    The flirt pole is good, fun excersise for you and the dog, we attach a hide or a towel and the dogs love it.
    BB

4. Can i make my own flirt Pole?? Or is it better to purchase one??

5. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

All you need is a long stick or poll a piece of rope and something hanging from the rope your mutt will chase....

6. Ok sounds simple enough..;)

7. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

It is very simple.....

8. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

Gameness....Gameness is what's in the dogs Heart...You can never take that away from them Nore give it to them......

Its not the size of the dog in the fight...It's the size of the fight in the dog....Just like with people you will either stand and fight for your life or turn tail and run...You have the heart or you don't...Its the same in a dog......YIS

9. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

The flirt pole we made is out of a thin piece of PVC pipe with a long rope going thru it and then we attach a hide or towel to the end...that way the pole is real flexible ....cheap and easy.
    BB

10. BFKENNEL

BFKENNEL Big Dog

But in my case is my 12 month old female dog seems to be too lazy to play around even with springpole. Thats my problem... how to introduce to her the springploe and flirtpole exercise but she loves treadmill. I do with her about 30mins to 1hrs everyday. Can you please help me with my problem in springpole & flirtpole. Thanks....

11. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Thats not gameness, thats prey drive, some dogs have it, some dogs don't have as much of it lol and appear lazier than others...
    I have a bitch that will work ANYTHING you can think of, she loves to work, and I've had lazier dogs that like to sit around. Now you say your dog is 12mos old, and you work her for 30mins to 1hour everyday, I'd be careful i didn't burn your dog up, its still a pup and that much work on a mill isn't needed.
    The bottom line, you need to find what your dog likes to work, and use that to condition or excersise your dog, if it doesn't enjoy a flirt pole, forcing it to work it is not gonna be fun for the dog, and a workout should be fun for the dog and you...
    BB