1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

first timer

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by pjmaglio, Dec 15, 2006.

1. below is your exact post.
    "Oh dear Lord, that sounds exactly like my neighbor. [​IMG]

So, let me ask, do you agree with what these people did? I sense we may have to do some ejamukatin' here, folks! [​IMG]"

now you can defend that all you want. there were many other comments just as vaguely offensive as yours. you know what you meant by it you don't need to pretend you were trying to be a "nice guy" starting out with "oh dear Lord" makes it pretty obvious you are downing the dog. so ejamukate yourself on how to educate people and don't get all bent out of shape now that i've stated my opinion.

2. well i've just noticed form all the OP's new posts that you sure got your point across great now didn't you. see i would say i told you so, but i'm not that kind of person

3. Greg

Greg Pup

Sure it is. I didn't know about the evils of back yard breeding until I got on the internet in 2000. Before then breeders were just out to 'screw you' with the high price of their puppies. Why pay several hundreds of dollars for a puppy from a breeder when you can get one out of the classifieds fo 50 bucks?

Anyway, back then that was the line of thinking by me and just about everyone I knew.

Also, a 20 year old first time puppy buyer more than likely won't do the same kind of research a 40 year old would. The older you get, the wiser you get.....ideally. :D

4. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

pj - I'm sad you won't be coming back. No one here thinks badly of you or your dog. It's just the breeding practcies of the breeder that are not a big hit here.

You must understand, many of the ppl here do breed rescue & see BYB dogs like yours that have been cast aside to end up in shelters, on the street or in the hands of ppl who abuse them. So it makes some ppl upset to see a dog "that my b/f bred" esp. when it is obvious he doesn't have enough experince to be breeding in the first place. As I mentioned before ignorant breeders selling to ingnorany buyers is the downfall of our breed.

But despite this, I urge you to stay. There are a lot of good folks here & you could learn a lot

Boogieman - You have a good point. You will catch a lot more flies w/ honey than you do w/ vinegar. but I think w/ all the BYB crap we've been seeing around here lately some ppl's honey pots - to include my own - can run low.

Greg - lol, you are right in that a 20 y/o will not do the research a 40 y/o will. But IMO there is no excusing it. Everyone knows you should do your research before buying anything. People research cars, boats & even washing machines before buying them. So why not a dog? It's not like there aren't plenty of resources out there today to do research.

BTW, I am not trying to sit on a high horse & slam ppl. I am guilty ignorance buying too. My first Chow was a BYB unpapered dog we bought for $75 out of the classifieds. We did not do any research whatsoever on Chows (I was 18 y/o at the time. lol). We ended up w/ a dog who as an adult bit 5 ppl & had to be put down at the age of 3. D'oh! I learned the hard way - research BEFORE buying!

Now was there any excuse for me? No, there was not. None. I just wanted a dog so I bought one. And it cost - both me & the dog. I had to learn the hard way to RESEARCH!

5. Greg

Greg Pup

Yeah but lets be honest. For a lot of people that 'research' goes like this:

Person to friend 1: "hey you like your Maytag washing machine?"
    Friend 1: "yeah, it's great!"

Person to friend 2: " hey, how 'bout you, you like your Maytag?"
    Friend 2: "yeah, no problems"

Person to sister-in-law: "how do you like your Maytag?"
    SIL: " I love it!"

Person: 'Okay, Maytag it is!"

6. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

I guess I should've been a bit clearer on that. Its the exact same situation as my neighbor is in. Breeding a dog about 40 pounds with a dog around 80, unpapered dogs that obviously shouldn't be bred at all let alone with each other. And if PJ doesn't agree I think we, as a group, owe it to our breed to educate her.

Just based on her last 3 replies, I won't lie and say its a shame she left.
    No one here said she didn't do research, that her bf's friend was in it for the money, or that she is "horrible" ...just because she somehow got that from my or anyone elses post, isn't my problem. PJ called us assholes and fucking rediculous. She said that we suck and that we were assuming things. Thats very hypocritical and above all immature.

Oh and...
    "well i've just noticed form all the OP's new posts that you sure got your point across great now didn't you. see i would say i told you so, but i'm not that kind of person"
    ...if you truly weren't that kind of person, you wouldn't have made that post, now would you have?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2006
  7. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

You have a point Greg. That is how a lot of ppl do their research. Luckily for me, my dad always taught me to consult the Consumer Report! ;)

But seriously, in today's day in age, you literally have a world-wide's worth of info on any given subject. And it's not like kids nowadays have to dig it out of cubbies & coves of a library like we did. It's right at their fingertips. So to me there is no excuse for not doing your homework before a buy.

Ppl might buy BYB bred dogs for numerous reasons. They might be as you pointed out, tight w/ their money. They might be ignorant. Or they might be lazy. But there is no excuse for a person to be any of those things when purchasing a dog.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2006
    Vicki likes this.
  8. lol see that was a very good way for you to see the sarcastic undertone you were giving out to the OP. man i do appreciate you calming down and addressing the issues without all the bull though. you do raise good points and i was never trying to argue any of the points made about the problems you addressed. just the fact that these people that don't know and come on and get slammed left and right are never going to see eye to eye with us on the breed if we treat them that way.

Vicki likes this.