1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

first timer

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by pjmaglio, Dec 15, 2006.

1. pjmaglio

pjmaglio Pup

Hey its my first time joining any kind of site like this so im not really too sure on how to use it yet, but just wanted to introduce VALENTINO.. hes now just about 7months and weighs 62lbs here are some pics of when he was a peanut.. let me know what you think!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2006
  2. semo

semo Top Dog

welcome to the forum.

3. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

welcome cute pup!

4. pjmaglio

pjmaglio Pup

oh yah and after researching for the best possible food for a puppy i came up with fromm puppy gold... not many people know much about this brand and i was wondering for any comments people have on it or know much about it, or if they are feeding their pup it.. thanks!

5. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Hello and welcome! He's one cute pup.

6. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Woah, 62 lbs at 7 months?! You've got a monster there, lol. What breed is he?

Oh, and welcome, lol. :D

7. pjmaglio

pjmaglio Pup

i know hes a big boy... hes 100 percent pitbulll terrier. his daddy was huge at about 90lbs but his mom was 35lbs ((or around the normal size for a pit)). ill try to get some recent pics soon

8. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

What in the world was the breeder thinking breeding a 90lb male to a 35lb female??? [​IMG]

But anyway ... weclome the forum. Do you have a ped for this guy pj?

9. pjmaglio

pjmaglio Pup

noo it was my boyfrineds friends male, and his roomates female, i could prob get ped from the male, but both dogs were wonderful and he said that if he got enough people who wanted puppies they would breed them.. hes 90lbs now, at the time he might of be 80ish?. Anyways its my first time owner a pitbull not my boyfriends and they are by far the most affectionate dog i have ever owned

10. Suki

Suki Guest

that's what I was thinking....:eek: !!!!

anyhow, welcome to the forum and hope you enyoy the time you spend here. :)

11. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Oh dear Lord, that sounds exactly like my neighbor. :rolleyes:

So, let me ask, do you agree with what these people did? I sense we may have to do some ejamukatin' here, folks! ;)

12. i can see the angry mob forming now. "what breed is he" "what were they thinking" "i agree" now this.

for pete's sake the person has already stated they are first time owners and first time forum member. here it looks as though the lynch mob is forming to cram your breeding phylisophy down their throat with the in your face attitude that turns many new people away from this site . you don't have to agree with what happened but get off the throne already.

13. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Just b/c they are "first time owners" is absolutely NO excuse whatsoever for buying a BYB dog, let alone a carelessly bred BYB dog. Yeah, some of us have done it, but being a first time owner is no excuse for doing it. Education is the key & the ignorant buyer purchasing from the ignorant breeder is what has the breed in the mess that it's in today.

If commenting on that makes some of us "throne sitters" so be it. But some of us just get tired of the same ignorant crap.

My dog is xxx bred.

Yeah, what's his pedigree look like?

Oh he doesn't have papers.

Or you run into the the proud owner of a Texas Rednose. Or a Gator Bluenose. Or a 130lb "pit bull." Etc. etc. etc.

And none of this comes reputable breeders. It comes from one buddy breeding his dog to another buddy, all to make $$$$.

JMHO ... :rolleyes:

(BTW, before anyone gets offended, I am not using the term ignorant in a bad way. To be ignorant doesn't mean you are stupid or dumb, it just means you don't know any better. For example, I am ignorant concering algebra. I just wanted to clarify that before anyone got upset.)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2006
  14. see this was all just brought up the other day about reactions to people who knew no better. gee maybe you would think to have started out with something like this.

"First off let me welcome you to game-dog forums. Alot of us here including myself take the breed very seriously and our goal is to maintain the APBT in it's purest form. Since you are new and have acquired a dog I would urge you to look over some of our old threads concerning breeding and ethics of owning these dogs. (post a couple links here for them) "

and then maybe some general info you felt the person might need to know.

but instead people have to be insulting with undertones and if you think for one minute you are "educating" anyone with that attitude you are sadly mistaken. i never "excused" the new person or the breeder of the dog. i'm not real sure where u got that. i agree that it seems as though the dog prbly came from a byb but what's done is done. insulting them and running them out of the forum is no way to deal with it. maybe some people don't see the "insults" in some of the posts but any knowledgable pitbull owner would. let's just not be so fast to cram it in peoples faces that they f'd up. if they care enough to read and learn they will figure it out pretty quick.

be nice, point them in the right direction, give good advice, and it will either take with them or it won't.

15. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Excuse me?! Why do you assume I or anyone else here is going to gang up on this person? I merely asked a question. I was not going to force my beliefs down anyone's throat and I didn't/don't plan to. And where the hell do you see me acting 'holier than thou'?! Please enlighten me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2006
  16. pjmaglio

pjmaglio Pup

jesus christ just bc my dog doesnt have god danm papers im horrible, you guys are fing ridicoulus i love the breed my dog is wonderful, hes spoiled rotten i have no idea how big the female was, and all the puppies of the litters went to GREAT homes i bet thats more than what these pitbulls have with papers get.. and i got him for free i dont understand why all u guys are being such assholes

17. pjmaglio

pjmaglio Pup

oh yah and now i am sooo boycotting this site. people on here suck

18. pjmaglio

pjmaglio Pup

oh yah and another thing i HAVE done more research then u will ever know and no the breeder did not breed for money i ALREADY stated that so dont make assumptions and be like oh you havent dont research blahblahblah

19. Very cute Dog...wish you luck with him!

20. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Welcome, that sure is a cute pup.