1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

First litter

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by elviejon01, Jan 7, 2016.

1. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

Yeah in So. TX> that's actually the best time! NO PESTS!! I keep mine up off the ground to, with an acess to the house, if you get some sheet metal cut your self A box that will hold the receptical and bulb, cut an opening to one side (on top), attach the box on the inside tack some screen over the opening (so the dog cant mess with the light) make the house big enough for your dog to move Easley. On A welping pen I take A 1.5 X 1 or about that size measure up about 2" and run A rail around the inside, if A pup get's traped behind the gyp it wont be crushed. Like EP said run your cord up off the top of the house, and keep it off the ground. Connect to A box with A circuit breaker plug, make sure you use A heavy insulated cord with A ground!!! You can also tack A flap over the door if need be. I would also have A basic backup just in case to bring them in. You start getting to 32 and staying there or any where close you'll have to check them. Just insulate the house good, like hwm mentioned MAKE sure you can get to them quick A side door is best easy cleaning! Good Luck hope you get A great litter!!

2. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

I need to start proof reading no way to edit! LOL Attach the sheet metal box to the top when instaled the light should be recessed about an inch or so on the inside then tack some heavey screen on the inside, also plan the easyist way to change the bulb if need be! I just screw it down and cover with some insulation! I think if you look you can find A plan for building one with 5/8 plywood and 2X4.

3. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

A crate outside in the cold??? holy shit LMAO

4. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

A crate inside and a proper dog house outside depending on your location as hwms advice which is great for warmer climates...

Im soo soft say that I wouldnt use a barrel in the winter where I live and prefer a double layered double room insulated house with a hinge top as naustroms mentioned...

5. Thunder98

Thunder98 Big Dog

I never really cared for about the season as long as she was ready. I also was told it was better in the winter, something about the heat killing the male sperm or something....tell Ole yella up the street that. Anyway I was always so concerned with the female that she was always close nearby. In an above ground when weather permitted or inside atleast the garage somewhere cozy.