1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Fights from the past

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by redrumdog, Mar 11, 2010.

1. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

A friend told me he bet $5K on Edwin Rosario to beat Chavez.I said man do u know who Chavez is, he said yeah this little Mexican that is moving up to 135 from 130.Edwins a natural 135 he's bigger.I said hey man Chavez has had only one fight that most Americans have seen against Martinez. Chavez busted him up and stopped him in the later rounds,Chavez is a wrecking machine. He responded this is money in the bank.Well when Chavez stopped Rosario in the 11th. round(actually Edwin quit in his corner). Edwin took a bad beating.I called up my buddy and all I could hear was his wife in the background money in the bank,yeah right u know fighters well there goes our vacation.No husband wants to hear that from his wife.

2. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

what??????

3. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

Boxing discussion. Better suited for the Chit Chat area.

4. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

Keep up with the sport well enough and you could make a living (or a killing) off them bets.

How you feel about Chavez Jr?

5. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

I haven't seen him fight.Boxing has really gone down alot in the past 10 years.I think MMA is passing it by.

6. KBK

KBK Big Dog

Chavez Jr is trading off the family name, no major talent being spoon fed unknowns to build a rep.

A friend of mine, an Irish fighter bet him but got robbed.
    This guy only had 3 amateur fights and this was at the start of his career so that tells a story all on its own

7. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Thanks for pointing that out.I contacted a moderator and asked them to move it to the chat forum.I don't know how I posted it here but it was ment for chat forum.I do apologize to anyone that took offense.

8. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

They handling Chavez Jr too damn careful, I'm tired of seeing his wack ass fights. I wanna see him dig deep. He's got a lil somethin, but nothing stand out. Won't catch me betting for him but I will be watching. Who ya'll got on Mayweather n Mosley? Pac n Clottey?

9. KBK

KBK Big Dog

You cant really bet against Money or PacMan.
    Shane will make Floyd fight good and proper for a change but will lose a decision. Could have been different a few years back when Floyd was scared to fight anybody his own size.

Clottey aint got the foot speed to keep out of range of Pac-Man but has never been stopped.
    My money is on PacMan for TKO or UD

Sets it up nicely for another round of negotiations for Money v Pacman

10. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Yeah I have watched Shane since he started.I think about 3 -5 years ago Shane would have beaten Prettyboy .Now I don't know how much Shane has left. I remember when Chavez stopped Pretty Boy's uncle Roger twice.Once in the second round then later on Chavez took Roger 10 rounds and punished him the whole time,because Roger badmouth Chavez.I like Pac man.He comes to fight.

11. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

That's 100%. I agree there.

N its crazy how much PBF fight like his uncle and daddy! He seems to have perfected their craft.

Chavez Jr fights more like a nervous DLH to me. I hear his little brother is a beast and gets at him when they spar. Kids like 15 now I think ain't really kept up.

That PBF n Pac is gonna be a series of fights. I say first goes to Money UD second pac tko. 3rd Pac again bringing Moneys retirement. lol but thats too far in the future for anyone to tell yet.

edit: o and they have Floyd Sr fighting sugar ray on youtube.

12. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Mosley could put a dent in things if he has anything left for Pac and PB. Mosley will hit PB. The last thing a fighter loses is power and Shane has that.If Shane can go to the body he can slow PB down then it turns into a fight.I know thats a big if.Mosley has always been very good at going to the body and he puts punches together well.Its a matter of how much Mosley has left and is PB looking ahead.

13. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

inspecter gadet over here

14. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

Sugar Shane has the style, speed, and power to give Mayweather Hell I think. It will be an interesting fight. Mayweather by split descision is my pick. He's gonna get touched up a lil though.

15. peppapig

peppapig Banned

lmfao......"it can all change in one punch"......thats why boxing/fighting is hardest sport to bet on....a dip of the shoulder....bang...your bets fucked and you have your wife "not putting out the beaver for months".....lmao....:D:D

16. peppapig

peppapig Banned

oh.....just for the heck of it....pacman and mosley to win......:cool:

17. peppapig

peppapig Banned

as for fights of the past.....have a look on youtube for- benn vs mclelland.....benn vs eubank.....eubank vs watson....benn vs watson......gatti ward (trilogy)....all those battles better than the barrera vs morales type fights.....will be a long time before you see fights like that.....;)

18. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

They where tall very good fights Gotti and Ward both tough as nails with heart.Benn was getting busted up by Gerald till Benn headbutted him.Its a shame Gerald wound up hurt real bad after the fight. Benn had power and was physically strong.I never cared for him that much.What about Salvador Sanchez vs.Lopez 1&2? Kim vs. Mancini(Kim died after the fight).Kim wrote on his lamp shade before the fight do or die.I liked Duran,Sanchez,and Hagler as fighters.Rember Pintor vs.Gomez

19. c-murda

c-murda Big Dog

Hagler vs Leonard for Leonard's "comeback" fight. I think the judges gave the fight to Ray. Wish Hagler would have stayed in the game and got a rematch. Hagler vs Hearns was epic also. On another note, Alexis Arguello was another "old school" favorite.

20. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Yeah Hagler beat Leonard.I never liked Leonard he was a woman beater.Hagler got mad because he wouldn't give him a rematch, Hagler felt they robbed him, so Hagler never fought again.I met Marvin when he was training for a fight.He was real down to earth guy,working class.He trained real hard for a fight.