1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

fighting AC?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by GAowner, Jan 21, 2007.

1. davidlau_2002

davidlau_2002 Top Dog

how come your yard isn't properly contained? your yard needs to be THE most contained of all in your neighborhood if you have pits. no offense but that just helps bsl in your area get pushed. with more power comes more responsibility.

2. davidlau_2002

davidlau_2002 Top Dog

down right straight to the point!

3. Stillwater

Stillwater Top Dog

Was this directed at me??, Because my yard is 100% fenced off, and ALL my dogs are on chains or in locked kennels.

To be quit honest with you though, if one of my dogs gets loose it won't be running down the street, looking for a stray to beat up on.
    It would most likely go play with the dog next to it, and when that one was threw playing it would go play with another, and so on, until it was unable to play anymore.

4. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Stillwater: I'm SURE he was directing that at the original poster, not you.

5. GAowner

GAowner Pup

wow, guys, tell me how you really feel

For the record, it turns out my dog was on a cable which failed. I know it wasnt a good set up but it was only temporary till I could get back and he was being walked on a leash most of the time.

I am sorry. I know I didnt do a good job and let the breed get a bad rep over here. With me being away so much I didnt have the time to get the stuff done. Poor excuse but it is what it is.

So i removed the dogs from the home before AC could take them. They finally dropped the case and labeled the dog viscious and we have to keep him on restraints, leashed, etc. No more free roam of the yard. Thats fine because thats what should have been done in the first place.

So to sum it up, i just wanted to say sorry, APBT's dont need anymore negative exposure and i screwed it up. I am dedicated to keeping him restrained from now on.

6. you would not have gotten harsh replies had you not had MULTIPLE incidents. one is one too many but can be forgiven if a lesson is learned. for whatever reason it took you 3 accidents to learn is not forgiveable. i doubt you will find much sympathy now.

7. Michele

Michele Guest

Wait. You removed the dogs before AC could take them. Are they back with you now? And if they are, are you 120% sure they won't get out? Since they are labeled "vicious", I would think when you are walking them, they have to now be muzzled. If I'm wrong on this, someone please correct me. Thanks.

8. GAowner

GAowner Pup

the dog is back but i am here. the problem is I am not here much due to a situation that came up. But I am resolving that and am making sure before i leave this weekend that the dog has a secure place outside.

I have read the county ordinances and it says the dog has to be restrained, via leash, kennel etc but nothing about a muzzle.

BTW, the dog is not an outside dog. Hes inside 95% of the time.

9. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

I agree the dog should not have been in your yard (the owners fault, because dogs will be dogs), but your dog is the one who not only ended up in HIS yard, but inflicted serious damage on him as well (your fault, because pits will be pits).

At this point, you knew what your dog was capable of, it did damage to another animal on it's own property, IMO you are 100% responsible for that animal's vet bills. There are plenty of dogs who would chase another dog out of it's territory and have been done with it, but yours are not this way, and you KNEW that.

Your housing situtation is not suitable for owning this breed.

I'm pretty sure you CAN get in legal trouble for hiding the dog. I would check that out further. Also, hiding is like saying you are guilty. I know you want to protect the dog, because you feel bad, but the dog attacked the other dog, that is fact, that is why they want him, and it might just be for quarentine, which the other owners have every right to have YOUR dog in quarentine to be super safe.

10. Michele

Michele Guest

I'm not trying to get on your case.....but.......when you leave for the weekend, why can't the dog be inside? Wouldn't that be more "secure" until you have the time to work on a more secure area outside? You want to make sure the area will be 100% secure outside and that takes time, I would think anyways...

11. Suki

Suki Guest

Once is a fluke. Twice is a pattern. "A cable set up that failed"
    and probably will again, as imo, I don't think a cable set up is an appropriate means to contain an APBT. I think your dog should be in 24/7 UNTIL a PROPER chain set up can be put together. and honestly, to let a "pit bull" out for a quick pee, without a leash is just another accident waiting to happen. PLEASE for all the rest of us, snap a leash on EVERY time.
    Don't think anything can't happen.
    Think it can and save us all a LOT of grief.

12. GAowner

GAowner Pup

I am not away for weekends. I am away for 2-3 weeks at a time. I underestimated the dog. After the first incident I should have known better and created a secure place. I didnt. I f'edup.

The cable was a last resort that my family used one morning. The cable is gone.

Yes, there was possibility of me getting in trouble and I was prepared to fight it. I didnt want the dog getting in trouble for my stupidity. The case has been closed by AC according to a letter they left on the door.

I just came back from Tractor Supply. bought some chain, swivels, lap links, and a big ass snap. Tomorrow when i find my hammer i will assemble it all. Until then, hes walked on a leash.

Tomorrow, I will also set up two poles for the dog run.

As far as the invisible fence, maybe I can get a collar for the cat?

13. Suki

Suki Guest

sounds like you're heading in the right direction!!!!!

glad to be reading this.
    :)

14. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Im glad to hear that. If you put dog kennels up, make sure they are on cement, have a top, and have a lock on them. This way your dogs cannot get out unless they chew out.

15. MIKA

MIKA Big Dog

I agree 100%!! I have spent many a dollars on my fence & containment. I have a 4ft chain link with 3 strands of electric running the entire fence (top,middle,bottom) around 2acres. I have a privacy wood fence splitting it in half. On the back half (one side of the privacy fence) I have 10x12x6 kennels and the front half I have my chained adult dogs. Now all this is not escape proof but i'm not finished!! If a person LOVES our breed as much as I do they will do whatever it takes for them. I started out with just a 4ft. fence. Just my opinion.

16. simms

simms CH Dog

You better hope that this board affords you the same learning curves here....cuz the way I see it. You are No different infact you may be worse as the time progresses.

You might have a lilttle extra to work with ....but you dont have any sense! your messing with shit you dont have No buisness messing with all in the name of rescue. i dont think you have the credentials or are you qaulified to properlly evaluate or place these dogs you take in.

Are you potentialy creating the same type of scenerio with your rescues in the future or present.....hmmmm, well i'm sure someone will blow the whistle on you...LOL

Love...love is a funny thing ya know.