1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Fencing through the roof!!

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by purplepig, Mar 21, 2008.

1. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Have any of you noticed how high fencing materiel is now?

6' chainlink in 9 guage is over 200 bucks for a 50' roll here!! I am tripping. That is more than double what it was this time last year!!

One Hog panel is now $36 ea. And the Horse panel (which has the 2"X4" pattern) is a whopping $60 dollars!!

As some of you know, I am moving, and it seems like there is no mediocre cheap way out. I am going to go to a local privately owned saw mill here and see how much it would cost for privacy fencing in cypress. I am almost willing to bet it will be cheaper!!

2. i believe my fencing (the 2x4 cattle fencing) was somewhere between $60-70 for 6ft fencing for a 100ft roll. and that was... 2 years ago? and i bought 8ft round poles and i cant remember how much i paid a pole. i believe altogether i spent ~$500 to fence in my backyard.... and they wonder why people cant afford fencing and have to chain!

3. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Don't know about up there, purple, but cypress down here is NOT cheap!

We actually shopped around for the boards only and then did our own fencing. It sucked and it was hard work, but it saved us over $2,500 in labor charges.

4. Virgil dogs

Virgil dogs Big Dog

I just traded a kimber 45acp for 300' of brand new 8' chain link fence.To bad your so far as he has another 350' available for $100/per 50' roll.Im going to put up a large kennel with it.Now the fun begins.

5. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Someone told me it is so expensive because to make fencing somewhere in the process you need to use a lot of Oil for the Carbon and that crap is expensive. I dont think it is regular motor oil but it comes from it and is a carbon and lube source which I hear gets passed down right to us in cost, who knows how true that is but it makes sense, I guess wait till oil drops and see if fencing drops too...