1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Female vs. Male - conditioning?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Irish Pitbull, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

Does anyone notice differances when trying to put muscle on females? is there any noticeable differance between them?

Thanks.

2. I think theres no difference tom build muscels, just normally a male is harder in building, my dogs are very good in shape but my female have more muscels than my male

3. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

i don't think so. just depends on the individual dog and genetics. some people say males are easier because they have testosterone, others disagree. so i don't think there's any particular pattern in animals that are not spayed or neutered.

4. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

See it's because my Gran is getting a SBT and my Dad thinks that i'll end up taking it (I have two Golden Retrivers) and if I do I wont be able to get a Pit :( So she's getting a female and I want a Male Pit. So if I end up with the Staffy I want to be able to make her look defined.

See i'll be getting a Female SBT instead of a Pure Frisco Pit from real 'Dogmen' (You kno any other 14yo who have contacts like that?? thought not :D) So I don't want to be to badly done by untill I can move out and get a Pit in a few years :D (It'll still be a big step up from my Golden's even if my male is really a hairy Pit from all his swiming, he is actually a beast :D )

5. fblb

fblb Top Dog

What?............

6. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

What part didn't you understand? His Grandma is getting a staffy but he wants a male bulldog, since his gran is most likely old he is going to end up with the dog so he wants to make her look defined until he can get his male bulldog in a few years when he moves... he has connects on a frisco dog but can't use them because he already has two golden retrievers so this will make three dogs that he has. his male golden is a bulldog in temperment because he is a beast.

7. Jelet

Jelet Banned

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2010
  8. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Leave the kid alone, maybe he's still nervous about posting.

9. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

exactly, lol

and as far as being defined I think it has more to do with individual dogs than their sex, some show more definition than others, some females > males and vice versa.

10. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Some colors show more definition too. such as a solid dark color over say a brindle.

11. Boy-boy 416

Boy-boy 416 Big Dog

yeah i think its more genitics rather then gender i mean just like some people are just geneticly fat and some are naturally cut of course its gonna take a lot less work to get the naturally cut one in shape then the geneticly fat one with the slower metabolism

12. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

Almost :P I have 2 dogs and have space for atleast 5 lol but I only want 1 more (APBT) and if unfortunately she can't keep the Staff then i'll take her and will have to wait even longer for my Pit :(

Bobby is only like a Pitbull beacause of his muscle :D when he's wet he really is very defined, his temperment is about as far from Pit as you can get lol he just lies around all day and is so soft :P Well he did pull 3x's his weight at a Weight Pull comp :P With no training (He beat a Malamute that had been training for 3months lol) the winner of that was a Staffy :D he pulled 12x's his weight :D 23kg x 12 = :o

13. lqaddict

lqaddict Big Dog

23kg Staffy? That's a fat one!

14. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

This dog was really nice, he was oversized but it was all his back legs (Tree trunks) You want a pic of him pulling?

15. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

Well here it is :D

[​IMG]

Jack :D

Can't wait to see him the 31st July :P there's going to be about 40dogs at a training day in Ireland (People are coming from UK with their AmBulls :D)

16. Blanco

Blanco Big Dog

That's one bad harness...

17. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

That was the first event, they had a load of them harnesses in differant sizes. He has a proper one now (I think :P)

18. lqaddict

lqaddict Big Dog

Sorry man, not only it was stupid to put 276 kg on the dog that should be 1/20th of the weight put on him (his weight really should be around 13 kgs), the harness used just aggravates the potential issues.
    And sorry to burst the bubble again, but the dog does not look good in the pic... Sorry, no sugar coating from me ;)

19. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

What exactly is wrong with the dog? And what do you mean about 13kgs? The dog that actually won was a Cane Corso who pulled 12x's his weight too wearing the same harness in a larger size, he weighed something like 57kg so pulled around 650kg.

20. lqaddict

lqaddict Big Dog

I thought the Staffy was the dog who pulled 12x of his weight.
    As far as the dog in your picture, it might be the perspective of the pic, but he looks chubby, and weighing in 23 kg I think he is down right overweight.
    I happened to know an SBT who pulled 215x of his body weight last year, and the dog is 29lbs.