1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Feeding rabbit

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by njchmin, Jun 9, 2005.

1. njchmin

njchmin Big Dog

I plan on raising meat rabbits as part of my dogs diet. My question is can i give the rabbits to the dogs whole? Skin and all.

2. D.R KING

D.R KING GET OFF MY LINE...

What the? Whole?

Okay first, I would be careful about rasin rabbits to feed to your dog, some people may think your throwing the dog bait. Or cruel.

Second, WHY WOULD YOU GIVE AN WHOLE RABBIT TO YOUR DOG? SKIN AND ALL???! Their not wild wolfs...hmm any more. But whats wrong with hackin the meat up first, same thing, I'm telling you, feeding that diet inside your house is gonna get messy, and if you feed it outside, people may think your training your dog for fighting....

3. njchmin

njchmin Big Dog

I was just wondering. My dogs have eaten chickens feathers and all before. I didnt give the chicken to them that way. The chicken escaped and flew into the dogs pen.

I know that raising and feeding rabbits can get messy. I currently have a flock of chickens that i slaughter myself. Rabbits cant be to much different different.

4. GameKid16

GameKid16 Big Dog

I personally dont see any thing wrong with feedin them rabbits, I think it whould be funny, watchin them chase the rabbit LOL j/k, I dont think it whould hurt them whole, I mean fox and other animals eat the whole everyday.. just make sure there diease free

5. D.R KING

Just because your dogs can eat a whole chicken feathers and all doesnt mean its healthy for them. They dont get nothing from eating the feathers I'm sure. Its kinda like eating the banana pill when where finished you know. Un cooked bones is okay, I'm sure you know that, but as for the fur, I dont know the meat should be okay, and if you give them chicken, lol pluck the feathers,

6. GameKid16

GameKid16 Big Dog

banana pills have tons of protein and other vitiams

7. D.R KING

lol so your telling me, you just eat the banana and all, everything?

8. GameKid16

GameKid16 Big Dog

no I hate bananas, but i have seen people blend the banana pill up in heatlh drinks

9. njchmin

njchmin Big Dog

If rabbits scream like chickens do than it wouldnt be to amusing. My dogs mauled my OEG rooster 2 or 3 times before they actually ate him. He was to stupid to stay in his run. He screamed like you wouldnt believe. But then again if i had 2 dogs attacking me i might scream to.

10. D.R KING

Hear that man, grind the freathers in with dog food lol

11. GameKid16

GameKid16 Big Dog

I was just kiddin, it whould be human to kill the rabbit first, in a not so creul way, painless

12. TxDogger

TxDogger Big Dog

You Know For Some Reason You Aren't Suposed To Eat Rabbit During The Summer Some Sort Of Disease They Can Give You During There Breeding Months. I Wouldn't Risk It..

13. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

Eating domestic meat rabbits isn't harmful at any time as long as they are care for properly.It's the wild rabbits you don't eat in the summertime.They have intestinal wolves.That's why rabbit hunting season is after the first good chill.I raise domestic rabbits.The best meat ones are New Zealands, Californians, or White giants.There is nothing wrong with feeding the dog rabbit,as I have done it,but skin it firstand at least cut the feet off.The fur tends to bind up in the intestines and a lot of times constipates the dog.And the claws can cut or scratch the dogs throat and intestines.if you are feeding a giant meat rabbit,I would divide it between a couple dogs,whereas a smaller one is ok for a single dog.

14. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

There is no disease during breeding months,I stated above the reason.Rabbits breed all year long.They whelp babies 30 days after breeding and are able to produce again immediately.

15. D.R KING

how can you feed this to anything?

[​IMG]

16. njchmin

njchmin Big Dog

Easy. You dont get attached.

17. GameKid16

GameKid16 Big Dog

AHMEN AND AHMEN...

and as soon as one of those little rascals bite you one good time, you see real easy, how to feed it to the dog, I big one can draw blood real good

18. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

I need to know if feeding live animals is legal...........:confused:

I just ran out of food and there's a lady down the street giving away free bunnies!!! :) :) :)

19. jankab

jankab Top Dog

20. Bluepit50

Bluepit50 Top Dog

I fed live rabbits to my snakes and that's legal, so it should be legal for dogs also.

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!! If the rabbit looks like one of these do not attempt to feed it to your pitbull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files: