1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

feeding pregnant and nursing bitches

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by jrpitdog, Mar 4, 2010.

1. jrpitdog

jrpitdog Pup

So what extra or how much extra do you all feed your pregnant and nursing bitches?

2. CTG

CTG Big Dog

i feed by the way she looks. if she is looking drained i give a little more if she is getting too fat then cut down. no real science to it.

3. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

let her free feed puppy food. don't let her get too fat.

4. bliss

bliss Pup

Puppy food at least27 percent protein 20 percent fat sprinkle on some CLOVITE w/ water (nuff to saturate feed) she should b good. Water is main thing

5. jrpitdog

jrpitdog Pup

Thanks for all the input yall

6. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

yup, that'll do her alright.

7. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

You might want to add an ounce or so of liver a day to her feed for the last half of her gestation. It helps prevent fading puppy syndrome. I once had a bitch that dropped 13 healthy pups with no issues after for her or the pups. And when I say healthy I mean they were robust and strong.

They are actually suggesting a beef liver tea to help fading puppy syndrome in pups now. I think feeding it to the dam is good preventive maintenance.

8. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

might be getting too deep for the old son drycreek... k.i.s.s.

9. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

I feed once a day i feed a pregnant bitch twice a day so double the food. When she is nursing the puppies you can increase the amount that you feed up to double again, but still feed twice a day. Make sure food is 20% fat!