1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Feeding during a keep?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by tigerboy5, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Reid skipper:
    yes Eucanuba!!.
    as a maintainance feed i used 4 bags of cheap but desend dogfood mixst in with Eucanuba!!.to keep costs down but stil able to maintain healty animals. when a dog was supost to loose weight over a couple of weeks ore months without ecsersize. i took away 1/3 to 1/2 of the food and replaced it with smoked pork bones!!.every other day this way teeth where grinding clean and the dog stil had a feelling of getting enoughf filling in his stomage, and produced a ""stronger"" stomage Acid in order to digest the dry food even ""beter"" and ""quiker"" during later workouts!!!!!. and at the same time he would loose weight!!...
    Later when the real workt started i switchst to Eucanuba only!!!, as the dogs system was alredy getting it tru the mixst dogfood.
    The dogs system would not have a problem going to 100% Eucanuba as he was alredy eating it .
    we aded rice to it ore pasta(macaroni) and the nesersarly suplemends but only as a aid and very mildly.(just put a ad out on this forum about the stuf we used to use).

As for a Fat sours Eucanuba line of food has al the fat contense in it you whant. no need for aditional Fat , but if you whant to ad fat, use a animal fat that turns liquid in between room ore body temparature.
    the dogs system like humans are the same . the less liquid the fat sours is at room/body teparature the harder a dogs system must work in order to proses it. altho the internal cumbustion of a dogs stomage ascid can break douwn nearly everyting. you whant a quik burning fat as a energy sours. NEVER use cheep fat!!!!!!. bird fat seems to be the beter one

2. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Never use sheep fat, is wat i ment..

3. gar

gar Banned

well another insightfull post from bigblok68 probably feeds ol roy

4. ducho13

ducho13 Big Dog

Hello Limey, had asked a question earlier but go no response, concerning apple cider vinegar. Someone mentioned it helped reduce lactic acid. How true is this and how do you administer, in their feed? Appreciate your insight. Thanks.

5. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

i have no exsperience with apel cider ore vinegar.In the past we did used a very profesional lactic asid remover/buffer
    To combat the effect of acidosis and dehydration.
    It buffers the acid build up in muscle cells via the active ingredient Citrate.
    The Sodium in the liquit stimulates the thirst to encourage drinking and flushing of toxins from the body
    It helps
    Dogs with a history of cramping
    Preventing muscle soreness after fast work
    Preventing dehydration
    The tonic was formulated to combat the efects of acidosiss and dyhydration, Particulairy afther hard and fast work.
    it alsoencourages dogs to drink, increasing the action of the kidneys in cleaning toxic waist produced bij hard ecsersize
    , PS this is not the liquid im offering on this forum..

6. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

thanks very much limey

7. ducho13

ducho13 Big Dog

Appreciate the response Limey although I do not understand the PS statement. Did you advertise something for sale on this forum? If so I do not think I saw it. Once again, thanks for your response.

8. jacko

jacko CH Dog

thanx limey !1

9. gar

gar Banned

save your money next thing will be a special tonic for wining , what bs, doesnt seem to have worked on limey

10. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Pleanty of info for people to sift through in this one...Just thought i'd pop in to say hello to everyone, since this is where we are at today....lol..Hows it goin yall?

11. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Ol Roy Thats a good one gar. I was agreeing with what you said so i dont know what your remark was about. Raw is a long way from Ol Roy.

12. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Hi guy !!! we are ok.

13. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Good Limey! :) All good here too. hope everyone is ok. Hope everyone has a great friday. money dont make the world go round....they got it hooked up to a couple APBT's on rubberbands out in outerspace...space age training its called..what yall know bout that..lol peace

14. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

i seen that space station going by this last week too!

15. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

i got out the binocks and checked her out.....crazy stuff that space age stuff.

16. gar

gar Banned

well sorry i thought you were being cute with your post , thats why i never post stuff like that ,i always whether people agree or disagree i try to explain my ideas so that if nothing else someoen can make a valued opinion on my comments.the one line replys and such are of no benefit tyo gaining knowledge , but im glad you agreed with me on the raw and the why

17. Yas

Yas Big Dog

Re: Apple cider vinegar and lactic acid.
    Apple cinder vinegar has an alkalizing effect on the body, the more alkaline a body is the more Anabolic it is.
    The opposite is more beneficial for rapid fat loss, the more lactic acid/lactate produced during conditioning the more growth hormone is produced and the quicker fat is stripped, but even doing this an alkaline state should be restored immediately afterwards.

18. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

I would take this talk with a grain of salt.. If you think a stranger online is going to tell you how to work, what to feed, when to feed and how much you are mistaken and will learn hard way. Best advice is to go watch and take notes on a keep. The first and most important thing is making sure you working the right dog

19. Yas

Yas Big Dog

No one ever became rich by keeping their knowledge to their self. You can be the best in the world at anything but it doesn't mean shit if nobody else knows it.

20. What do you think about adding water to dry food before feeding?