1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Feed

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by Plummerterrier, Oct 12, 2013.

1. What dry food do uk guys recommend , have been feeding wagg but really not keen on it or bakers

2. cms_uk

cms_uk Pup

royal canin is good feed....its a good price tho aswell :D

3. BoscoBlue

BoscoBlue Pup

Depends on what your budget is but in all honesty Wagg & Bakers is complete rubbish same as Pedigree, the first listed ingredients are wheat/cereals when ideally it should be some sort of meat. I feed Acana Wild Prairie which isn't cheap (£50 for 13kg) but there are some good cheaper alternatives, have a look at Arden grange, Wainwrights (pretty good for the price), Fish4Dogs.

Your best bet would be to spend some time researching online and checking ingredients of different foods in your price range...

4. jacko

jacko CH Dog

i feed IAMS along with some raw and canned fish .

5. fonzy

fonzy Pup

hi jacko
    what canned fish do you feed, i have just started to feed raw diet and would like to feed a bit of fish as well,

6. jacko

jacko CH Dog

ayyup mate.
    sardines in sunflower oil. or mackerel in veg oil. very cheap and good for the dogs . just look in tesco :-)

7. That Wagg food is packed to the brim with grain from what I can gather from their website. I feed stuff called Farm Food, but I doubt that's available in the UK.
    I usually buy tinned fish at the LIDL, quite a bit cheaper then regular supermarkets. After draining the oil I usually put them on some paper towels to get any excess oil off.

8. I feed wagg and sometimes boiled chicken or boiled rabbit if I've been out shooting but whenever he's just eating wagg it seems to fill him up then in an hour or so he's starving again and he stinks after eating it. He is in good shape but I know I could be feeding him better

9. If you're going to feed him chicken or rabbit, you should feed it to him raw. Cooking it makes it lose nutrients which the dog needs. Chicken necks and carcasses are also nice for the dogs to chew and cost next to nothing.

10. skinners field and trial is vat free, subscribe and save on amazon uk free delivery, some of the food is good value i dont feed it but have seen it recommended a lot on another forum, also CSJ feed is worth a look