1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Favorite Heavyweight Breeds

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by TwistedMettle, Jan 12, 2010.

1. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

Looks wise they look very similar. You see more pit bull in a dogo tha. You do in a bully. But they're cometely diff dogs.

2. yoel

yoel Big Dog

WoW!! I had never heard of that dog until your post. I googled them, they look like shorter wider Dobermans. They look pretty serious.

3. my fav. heavy weight dog has to be the dogo argentino

4. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

Co sign. Awesome dogs.

5. bdub

bdub Top Dog

aside from apbt's i like dobermans,good looking dogs and the ones ive been around have been damn good guard dogs,my uncle used to breed them and my good friend used to breed his,ha ,he was a dog warden too,the first time i met him i came out with a pistol tellling him he wasnt dog my lil brother dog any where,we became real good friends after that

6. quinny

quinny Big Dog

Fila mastiffs and ridgebacks get my vote! A ridgey was the best property guardian ive owned!

7. Fatz

Fatz Pup

American Bulldog, Bandogge

8. damon

damon Banned

apart from the apbt, the tosa is the only other dog that is bred solely for fighting

9. Blau

Blau Big Dog

English mastiff. <3

10. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

i always forget about ridgebacks, but you're right, fantastic family guardians and super athletic. can run for miles and miles...

11. Rebs

Rebs Banned

I like the Cane Corso and America Bulldogs leaning more toward the scott type dogs.

12. I know someone that got out of the Dogs years ago and Bought a Mountain Aerdale. That boy is one mean monster..

13. dsi23soc

dsi23soc Pup

I owned a south african boerboel and love it.

14. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

1. dogo argentino
    2. rhodesian ridge back
    3. borboel
    4. tosa inu

15. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

very correct jaybee! my aunt owns one she's 15 at the moment but before she turned maybe 9 I would say she was some athlete :) and I watched a short film about them a few weeks ago, they are proven mile runners and protectors :dogtongue:

16. bigboy69

bigboy69 Pup

A Dogo is nothing like a Pitbull.

My favorite is a Dogo.

17. coco0889

coco0889 Big Dog

I love Rottweilers!!! That would be one of the very breeds I would own.

18. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

that's awesome. I've always kinda wanted one but have been afraid they might be a little too nuts like a weimaraner or something. i've never met one in person. was your aunt's RR really hyper like that or anything?

19. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

she first brought her to her home when I was 5 and the dog was about 6 months and my goodness she was constantly jumping on me haha but she grew out of it around maybe 2-3 years old but she had the tenacity to always drag you on walks since my aunt didn't walk her as much as she should have, so every time I had visited my aunt I looked forward to taking that dog on a walk she gave me muscles :D her's was a mix but you could tell she obtained the most traits of a ridge back indeed! from my assumptions of witnesses, a weimaraner looks much more of a handful then an ridge back just is just my assumption ;)