1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Favorite Heavyweight Breeds

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by TwistedMettle, Jan 12, 2010.

1. PlugUgly

PlugUgly Big Dog

Got a 3/4 American Bulldog x 1/4 APBT out of some hog dogs that is just about the best I could ask for. Wouldn't say heavyweight but about 80lbs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. phill

phill Top Dog

that old man i saw on yesterdays new posts the youtube viedo on a bus if someone knows the thread let me know

3. peppapig

peppapig Banned

its in chit chat.....were your post should have been....lol:rolleyes:

4. ive had both the apbt and boxers for years..boxers are really great family dogs and protectors very trust worthy with kids and people..they were bred for a gaurd dog type purpose...here is my ole man zed...lost him in dec due to old age.[​IMG]

5. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

sorry for your loss...how old was he when he passed if you don't mind me asking? I saw a rumor of boxers only living to an average of 8 years :confused:

6. he was 12.. every dog is different but they do say 8-10 on boxers

7. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

howd ya like your boxer. my cousin had one very similar to yours. from what i see, they are very powerful but goofy dogs and sometimes dont make very good guard dogs.

8. popper

popper CH Dog

they had a dude down the street washing his 3 boxers in a pen and they got out and killed a little boy playing at a playground like 4 months ago... the newspaper failed to say which breed did the killing , but if it was a pitbull it would have been front page

9. popper

popper CH Dog

My aunt just had to put down one of her boxers at 4 because of cancer of the spleen. had surgery and all but couldnt make it. she has another male that is 5 .... pretty sad. i have run into alot people who own boxers and rotts that dont make it past9 years old

10. we have had great luck with our boxers..imo you could not ask for a better dog..besides a great apbt..as far as attacking kids they are not like that usually..any dog can be made mean and those dogs were probally like that because the owners..they are really good on their tempermants and ours allways were good trustworthy protectors..as far as health you never know with any breed.. dogs of all breeds are beign ruined by backyard breeders and overpopulating without the dogs health in mind..passing on known flaws and such..

11. popper

popper CH Dog

i agree ...... Sorry for your loss man

12. mw9661

mw9661 Pup

I have had boxers all my life and the first two were goofy, soppy loveable dogs but the dog I own at the moment (Stamford) is completeley different. He just turned 8 in jan. He comes down from Italian/German working lines on the top and show/Sch. lines on the bottom. he has a really good stable temp with people never showing fear or un-neccessary aggression. He is however extremely DA and has been since 9 weeks old. He stands 25" at the shoulder and weighs just under 6 3/4 stone. He walks 7 miles a day, has only ever been I'll once with kennel cough when we boarded him at a kennel a few years back. I have tried to find a boxer from the same lines but can't as the breeder stopped breeding a few years ago. just goes to show if you get a working breed from show lines you get a show dog if you get 1 from working lines you get a worker, oh and good luck trying to come through my door - as the old bill found out last time they tried! ;)

Attached Files:

13. determination

determination Big Dog

I wouldnt mind having one of those swinford bandogs from chimera kennels i been looking at them for a long time

14. popper

popper CH Dog

they are some gorgeous animals ... it crazy how the APBT shows up in all those dogs , exspeciallly when the ears are cropped.... i like how they are nice and lean not all stocky... i would like to see one persoanlly to see how they work and what drive they have

15. moloss

moloss Pup

I've owned neo's, oem's, cane corso's, pit's, curs and ab's.....that all said my neo bitch (only about 120#'s) was the best all around dog I've ever owned (she passed at 13)....however I currently own an ab (scott type) that at only 2 yrs is already running a close second she's not 100#'s (actually 83#'s) but she is awesome, she actually caught a calf I was trying to tag the other day.

16. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

I am a fan of the South African boerboel, of course, but I also like Dogos and cane corsos. The working type Neos are good dogs, too (not the show type with unnecessary bulk and too many wrinkles).

17. Bahamian

Bahamian Pup

No disrespect or anything but do you love your mother!? This is the same woman that gave birth to you!?

Man as much as I love my dogs (and its more than love for me, its a way of life); if one was to bite my mother.................winchester double ought buckshot out of my 12 gauge was going in his skull! PERIOD!

And the way you decribed it sounds like this dog was really trying to kill your mom and all you do is give this dog an ass whooping.........I just don't understand this!

If my 6lb Yorkshire Terrier was to bite my mom, I would shoot his ass also!

Again man, I do not understand your actions.

18. garbayo

garbayo Pup

i have bulldogs thats why im hear but if i had to go big ,it would have to be a dogo its just like a huge pit

19. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

x2000! If ANY dog, I don't care how long I'd had them or how great they were, ever attacked one of mine/its own family like that, it would be put down ASAP.

20. jrpitdog

jrpitdog Pup

American Bulldog, or Dogo, and to garbayo Dogo's may LOOK just like a huge pit, but c'mon they are far from being "just like" them ;)