1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Favorite Heavyweight Breeds

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by TwistedMettle, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Super Sport

Super Sport Big Dog

To get back on track, I like Cane Corsos. Nothing in my opinion pound for pound can beat a bulldog.

Jett likes this.
  2. hardmouth87

hardmouth87 Big Dog

ive watched those videos and they really piss me off because most of the pits they have are bullys or str8 fuking curs, i wish we could put dogs like Gr ch mayday, or plumbers alligator in there, bulldogs with some size and mouth will get em done

3. simpson

simpson Big Dog

I really like the Presa/Dogo outcrosses. I have a friend w/a Tosa that's neat as a mofo too.

4. luge

luge Big Dog

Damon, im not saying the dogo is not a great dog, if you look back a few pages you will see that was my choice for the original topic of this thread. But enormous prey drive/pack working hunt ability and general working ability does not mean a dogo is game. Game in terms of the real meaning of game, not quitting in the PIT.

5. matt123

matt123 Pup

Caucasian Ovcharka or a Tosa Inu.

6. AGame

AGame CH Dog

I tell ya what i have grown on a farm all my life and my personal favorite heavyweight breed that i havent seen posted would have to be Great Pyreneese these dogs are great guard dogs and yes i have seen them take down anything that came in the goat lot

7. BA08/15

BA08/15 Big Dog

8. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

my friend had two of them but the male died at like 2yrs old they had to put him down he was siesing (sp) so they called the vet and he was put down now they only have a female but i agree great dogs

9. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

sarplaninac another good dog

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

very common dog in macedonia my uncle and my gandpa and a couple of people from my town own these dogs they're livestock gaurdians and also property gaurdians good working dog imo

10. he is sam

he is sam Pup

11. sorrels85

sorrels85 Pup

Am.staff lol aren't those running a 100 plus these days..

12. pa2htown

pa2htown Pup

can u plz tell me where i might find info of diff dog breeds being matched if such a thing has happen??dogo,kangal,presa,tosa???

13. popper

popper CH Dog

ther is alot of diffrent sites

14. pa2htown

pa2htown Pup

like????lol

15. pa2htown

pa2htown Pup

i found a turkish site that had sum posted!!!!!!

16. popper

popper CH Dog

turks are a sorry excuse for dog matching.... they match 130 pound curs to sub par abpts and so on

17. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

Im a huge fan of the large breeds. Dobermans, Rottweilers, German shepherds, corso, my personal favorite is by far the dogo argentino. Super prey drive, very strong and powerful, athletic, great with children and people it knows but will defend with it's life, and I don't think there's a better big game hunter out there. I'm super glad the breed isn't popular in the states, street thugs here and byb will ruin an awesome breed. If your ever in the market for a TRUE dogo make sure to get one imported from argentinoa, not only are they thousands, yes thousands cheaper but the ones sold here are show dogs and not bred the way they are in Argentina.

18. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

I have owned APBT, Neapolitans, Tosa-Inu, English Mastiffs, Akitas, and others.

I will stick with my Swinford Bandogs. They are the best all around big dogs I have ever owned. Good power, athletic, good agility, good stamina, good determination, good trainability, and very loyal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

how do you compare the power and agility to say an APBT?

20. blanch

blanch Big Dog