1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Favorite Heavyweight Breeds

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by TwistedMettle, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Colossus

Colossus Big Dog

yes, and it also depends on the dog if you have a highly trained pit against a less trained kangal then the pit would diffinitily have a good chance! but none the less both the apbt and kangal are exceptional workingdogs. JMO

2. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

nice lol well have fun with them they awsome gaurd dogs

3. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

i love how one sided that vid was man

4. Erie Outlawz

Erie Outlawz CH Dog

You can tell those aint full grown cats and it looks like they were raised around those dogs because most of that to the cats was play.

5. luge

luge Big Dog

Trying not to drift off topic here...Ali if you could put a gamebred apbt the same height/weight as a kangal into a match, there would be only one result = one dead kangal. The only advantage a kangal has over an apbt is nothing other than size. Theres even footage of kangals being matched on youtube, and they are clearly cur dogs. But hey thats what you get when you try turning a livestock/gaurdian breed into a matchdog. Im not questioning its potential as a good gaurdian/protection dog but the apbt was originally engineered for one thing and one thing only. That said lets be honest the kangal is not worthy of being mentioned in the same sentance as the the marvel that is a gamebred apbt!

6. purenxs

purenxs Pup

That was a pretty sorry excuse for a APBT, that was probably half or a third the weight of the Kangalroo. Proves nothing, other than the dog does well against other curs, half it's size.

A better comparison is an equal weight Tosa vs Kangal. The game bred APBT does not have an equal (domesticated dog) pound per pound.

7. popper

popper CH Dog

i agree... i thought this wasa pretty good match between a apbt and a dogo argentino. this is one rowdy match , you caould tell the dogo owner was pissed that he lost
    http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v8021972c4c

8. purenxs

purenxs Pup

I guess you got to sign up.:confused:

9. XXLbully

XXLbully Big Dog

kangals don't rely on gameness. its a stupid unfair match unless you wanna prove your apbt is DG

10. Elysium

Elysium Pup

Dogo is not typically a game bred dog. If people buy a dogo and expect a game dog...they blew their money for nothing.

11. AGame

AGame CH Dog

the dogo didnt want to be in that fight and obviously was winded early as hell they should have just picked him up and went on,he was no match for the apbt

12. Elysium

Elysium Pup

13. popper

popper CH Dog

not really they hav plenty of kangals that jump the pitt or just straight jet out of site in matches and the pit is ready to go

14. shortbedder

shortbedder Big Dog

Originally Posted by popper [​IMG]
    i have never seen a presa win a match. NEVER

That's why we have bulldogs

15. Colossus

Colossus Big Dog

couldn't have said it better myself..

16. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

for sure dogos as far as ik are a hunting breed

17. damon

damon Banned

Dogos are one of the gamest breeds out there. As for kangals, I'm a member of a forum which as lots of mixed breed matches aswell as gamedog matches, and the kangals are good fighters and defeat alot of pits. As for these being good pits that's another question. But if you put an average pit against a kangal you're probably going to end up with a dead dog

18. luge

luge Big Dog

I agree with elysium 100%. The dogo is a hunting dog and to say one is truly game is ridiculous imo. Also in these mixed breed matches why the hell put one cur dog against another cur dog? Put a real untainted game bulldog against the kangal and that kangals got one sore butt as it turns its back and vaults the box.

19. luge

luge Big Dog

seems people here are getting natural dog aggression toward another dog confused with gameness!

20. damon

damon Banned

Well apart from pit and working terrier breeds tell me some dogs gamer than dogos