1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Favorite Heavyweight Breeds

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by TwistedMettle, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Less popular: Caucasian Ovcharka or Black Russian Terrier.

2. luge

luge Big Dog

100lbs plus??? What about the 'american bully'!!! LOL joke! Looks and ability wise im a big fan of dogo's especialy for hunt/work.

3. Colossus

Colossus Big Dog

Kangal's are great dogs, they are strong but they really hate being inside they prefer to sleep outside and the really love to make long long walks... they are from turkey and are used as quarddogs for sheeps against wolves and bears.. a couple a friends of mine have them they are turkish people and they are really the most common dogs for Turks here in Holland.

IMO beautiful dogs but they are really big and hairy!:p

4. coop-dog

coop-dog Big Dog

I like my Bullmastiffs been great family dogs for us

5. popper

popper CH Dog

i have never seen a presa win a match. NEVER

6. well not 100+ but an 80lb gsd

7. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

if you live somewhere hot your going to have to do some cutting down on the hair or the dogs can die of heat stroke so b careful and i agree awsome dogs my uncle has these dogs i personally like central asian ovtacharkas:D

8. Bahamian

Bahamian Pup

I thaught the same thing at first becaue it gets very hot here.

BUT it would not be wise to cut their hair. The reason is that their hair protects them from the cold and it ALSO aids in keeping them cool. What will happen though, is that they will shed more in the warm climate here.So if I was to cut their hair, then it is possible they would die from heat stroke.

Of course they must have lots, of shade, plenty of water to drink and maybe a pool to wade in (luckily for me my home is waling distance to the beach).

9. popper

popper CH Dog

yall ever seen the video somehwere in china , were a dude threw a piece of meat with lions , tigers and kangals? the kangals would basically attack the big cats , take the meat and the cats wouldnt do a damn thing to em.

10. Elysium

Elysium Pup

I own Dogos Argentinos and Neapolitan Mastiffs.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
  11. WAR_PAINT

WAR_PAINT Big Dog

I have a friend who has Filas , but those dogs are a bit too HA for me. I would almost go so far as to say that they are one owner dogs. Now a dog that I've always thought of owning for guard work is the Boerboel.

12. TwistedMettle

TwistedMettle Big Dog

I know many breeds are brave enough, but never thought any domesticated canine could... got a link?

13. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

none,cost too much too feed and too much shit to pick up.

14. Colossus

Colossus Big Dog

found one on youtube... looks like thats in a zoo.

seems to be some bit playfull:o

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbN5jJxTKtE[/ame]</EMBED>

15. damon

damon Banned

I wouldn't mind a medium weight tosa

16. popper

popper CH Dog

Kangal Videolarý Türk Kangalý - Köpek Dövüþleri,Kangal Dövüþleri,Köpek Dövüþü,Pitbul Dövüþleri,Pitbul dövüþü,pitbul kavgasý,dogo argentino dövüþleri,dogo argentino,dogo arjantino,kangal dövüþü,kangal kavgasý,pitbul,bull terrier,bulterier,pitbul kangal dövüþü,kangal pitbul dövüþü,kö its toward the middle he even takes down a lion. he goes or the throat and the fuker falls to the ground after he messe up the dogo , presa, and bull terrier

17. Colossus

Colossus Big Dog

I don't think any dog can take down a lion or tiger... if you look at the whole video (in my previous post) you can see that they are not really fighting it's in a kind of zoo..

And matching up a kangal against a smaller breed like the APBT or Bull terrier:confused:, really don't think thats fair because of the difference in weight (like boxing) the smaller person/animal has an disadvantage.

18. KINGKRACKER1

KINGKRACKER1 Big Dog

rotties,bull mastiffs,gsd

19. luge

luge Big Dog

i dont care what anyone says those cats would literally rip those kangals clean in two if they wasnt tame and wanted to. Lions annhialate hyenas in the wild one on one and theyre tough sob's with the hardest bite going. A hyena would own a kangal put it that way!!!

20. popper

popper CH Dog

i agree 100% , i just wasnt expecting that type of response from the cats even if it was ina zoo. i mean if those cats wanted to , they could take em out with a couple swipes and a 1min hold. i mean they take 800 pound animals. a male lion can kill a 175 pound heyena pretty fast. and some matches with pitbulls the kangals run away