1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Favorite Body Type for the PBT

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Lakewood Dogger, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

your right amstaff is a little harsh, german sheperd maybe? lol

2. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

yes I truly do I guess maybe because I grew on them from my girl's ;) and that did make me smile when ariel had her ears like that!

But the "amstaff" is just to beautiful as well, gr ch pepsi teams holly 6xW is obviously a gorgeous girl I would love to have handled her for a day :D

3. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

6xw dont sopund like no staff to me lol

4. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

5. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

the 6xw was gr ch pepsi, the amstaff was the rebels red ace, evil laced

ATEXAN, those are beautiful indeed ;)

6. Victorino

Victorino Pup

Wow in the 30 + years I have been raising these dogs (not to mention that as a child my father had them) I have never seen a German shepherd that looks like "ACE"! Let me say this about this dog. His owners have done a GREAT job in caring for him, however those of you that have "TRUE" bulldogs know that sooner or later they (the dogs) will get into trouble. "Ace" is a dog that has gotten into "Trouble" a couple of times and has never stopped! Even when the other dog (another Victorino dog) was 20+ lbs. bigger then he was. At one point he was pumping air out of a foreleg when it was over (this one lasted over a half HR.) again he never stopped, nether of them did. Yup one hell of a Shepard! Again accidents happen when you own a "TRUE BULLDOG"! Now lets get over it! You cant call him a "cur" because you don't know that he is! You can call him an AST Because his papers don't have any dogs up front that have been in the [] however as I have said many times before " papers don't make the dog! So let us all agree that he is a good looking representative of the breed and that is all, no more and no less. Oh ya to Laced Dim Wit, just so you know Shepards have long hair, and terds are Brown!

7. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

havent seen this pic, nice

8. deerhunter

deerhunter Big Dog

I prefer the rangy body type like Chinaman over the short stocky Lonzo type.

9. Nova09

Nova09 Pup

I'm with Victorino on this one. Even though for a few gens they may not be game tested it is not bred out of them - 200 years of breeding for specific traits does not just dissapear after 10/20 years when breeding from the original stock. The %'s would more than likely be lower but it would be foolish to assume there would be no game one's showing up. Also, (IMO) he looks nothing like what is today considered an Amstaff.

10. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

You timed a kennel accident? LMAO wow some people will say anything to prove a point

11. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

I like bit heavy dogs with block heads :)

and wee little black dogs :)

12. Victorino

Victorino Pup

No you are right there was no timer on it and I was not there to see it. Just going by what I was told and the aftermath that I saw. But the point was he is not a shepard.

13. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

I understand What your sayin but using time to prove a point isnt really very smart ecspacially since it was an accident..if somebody watched and timed it its no longer an accident.. besides havent you heard "believe none of what you hear and half of what you see."

14. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

a dog not quiting in a timed accadent against another staff bred dog dont make it no bulldog and even if he was he would produce show dogs in high % not gamedogs.

15. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

Aside from his man aggressive tendencies, I think Zebo is the quintessential APBT.

[​IMG]

16. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I have always been a big fan of S.T.P.'S Buck just like his build

[​IMG]

17. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

18. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Yup and the problem with seeing the after math of the "accident" is that a cur will be just as cut up as a gamedog and vise versa.. you cant believe what the owner of an amstaff says just because his dogs are cut up..how do you know the dog didnt have his tail stuck up his ass? you dont so dont attempt to claim the dogs game when you've only HEARD he was.. the dog aint no bulldog and if the owner wanted to claim he was then he shouldve invested in one and not a showdog bred amstaff..

19. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

LOL even if the dog was a bulldog a yard accident does not equate to a dog being game. If a yard accident was the standard of determining wether a dog was game all of our bulldogs would be game dogs.

20. kayo45

kayo45 Top Dog