1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Fastlane dogs vs old school stock

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by grave digger, Mar 11, 2010.

1. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Here is one dog that was fed raw for around a year: (This dog is not conditioned just how he looks on raw with simple handwalking regularly, he never looked like this on kibble and when i feed a kibble it a class 5 diet)

[​IMG]

This one has been on raw his for most his life:

[​IMG]

Kibble is a bunch of good ingredients that get cooked down so much they become brown pellets. Everyone knows when you cook food it breaks down nutrients. If kibble was so good then why does so many dogs in this particular breed have skin problems when feed kibble? It's all the other shit in the food, yellow #5 and perservitives, and other things that are not in a dogs typical diet. I'll never believe kibble is better than raw and I know of no one who feeds kibble during a keep for a show.. Just look at the difference in the pile of shit after feeding kibble compared to raw. On raw its about the size of a half dollar and ashes away in 3-4 days if left. With kibble, if you feed 2 cups your dog shits out a cup and a half of it 8 hours later. Here is an expierement for you limey, go throw a hand of kibble out in the yard and throw some raw next to it and see which one the ants wont touch...... It will be the kibble.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2013
  2. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

3. Epona

Epona Banned

This dog is a very good example, limey pls show me one kibble dog that looks like this.
    Give him a good 3-4 week keep and he is ready to go!

Otherwise my experience is that a raw feed keep going down to maximum half time to get a dog in proper box shape compared with kibble.

4. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Just to show of. this dog in the you tube video. Wich was at the start of a pre keep. here he is 2 months later finished his KIBBLE keep.. 2 weeks ago. please show me a 56 lbs dog on raw in the same shape.. ore a smaller dog. as some of you might now smaller dogs are WAY ezer to condition. ps workt bij a retired old man!!.

kp6_zps733f02c7.jpg 400625_537990546243785_1926792463_n.jpg kp10_zpse2d967a5.jpg k5_zps94fc2bcf.jpg

5. AGK

I don't see any backed up scientific information there Limey, just an opinion of a company that sells dog food...

And not fit? lol both them dogs would dance all night simply how they are. one is 2lbs above show weight the other is about 4. I feed both raw and kibble now a days depending on the needs of the individual dog. The shit pile tells the whole tale not just what you see in some picture. Healthy is more than just what you look like on the outside...

6. AGK

Feed both as in Kibble and Raw not feed both dogs... I don't own the rednose anymore.

7. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

come on guys you can do better then that with the superior Raw diet keeps...

8. Epona

Epona Banned

[​IMG]
    give him 4 weeks maximum (you need 8)

and he will in the same good shape (nice looking dog) like this dog

[​IMG]

as you stated again, no shape fotos, but you can see a raw feeded good shaped dog with your own eyes in czech republic if you want end of this month.

9. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

398936_348092428580129_100001381233082_955710_1984418720_n.jpg Here is another one of those dogs that changed from RAW to greyhound kibble and suplemends.. Not mine never the less picture sais a thousend words do they..

10. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Thats the most rediculess thing i ever read... I know my spelling sucks, but can you please read!! wat i put in my other post. and isend it up to the individual the bloodlines, and geografic location how long and how to condition a dog.

11. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

You mean just like the RAW DIET scene

12. Epona

Epona Banned

i dont know your keep, and i dont know keeps from "friends" in the dogs because im not interested in it, i done my own with simple trial and error method, but what i read from keeps when i saw one, is like that

"give your dog half amount of kibble that he gets on chain, add x gr/oz liver, hard boiled egg, x gr chicken" etc pp

and as far as i remember right dogs compete with feeding in keep like this and win, sure.

otherwise i must ask me, i feed my dog every time in that way without kibble that others only use for their keep with kibble.

what will be the better feeding? i have my answer

on the other side in the sdj this month was a very nice read article about herbal healing for dogs.

you see in the sdj a article about herbal using on dogs, i think no one in the 90s in the midlands or western europe ever thought about use herbals for the dogs, methods are right for their time and that is what i mean with "use your brain" i´m another generation than you limey, and im sure when i get in your actual age i will be the same "what work for decades works, shit on new methods" old bull and i hope im still kicking dust like you.

you an compare methods, keeps, dogs in and outside the circuit but anyone has a good reason for his choices (i hope so, but reality sadly shows that the most dont have any reason, for the reason the dont use their brain and only talk what they heard read or something else)

but in this topic about raw and kibble feeding i respect you and your opinion and im willing to compare raw and kibble feeded shaped dogs for the same amount of time, if i dont get slapped from an old bull like you, yes limey i will be a young bull showing my horns, i hope it doesnt seems to you like disrespecting its only part of discussion not bad mouthing.

13. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

I see the moderater deleting has started again!!..
    Epona saying that a dog when fed raw comes in shape 4 weeks sooner then a dog fed on kibble is the most rediculess thing i ever read!!. altho im a older guy you clearly have no sense that individual dogs need diferend aproches . and as you can read in one of my previus posts . It sais that a BIG dog is way harder to get in shape then a smaller dog. and the shear fact that geografic location, work pace and wherer a dog is a battle cross ore a pure bred has EVERTING to do how wel of fast you can bring one in shape. so your post have no merrit watsoever....

14. Epona

Epona Banned

Try it for your own, sure its about individual genes in the traits of the dogs and every "bloodline" show other results, but as i wrote before, my experience is that you can cut a keep down to maximum 50% (how much for each dog, yes that shows you each dog when you try it) but im guess 25% timesaving in the keep compared with kibble will be something you can call average.

15. Epona

Epona Banned

Limey what is the most important thing for you in the first weeks of keep or "pre keep"?

in the most keeps i ever read always is written down "get the fat out of your dog" i never made a test but its a good idea when i get a bag of kibble in my hands to compare the bodyfat index of one dog in start of the keep feeded raw and feeded with kibble.

i guess the same dog will be a lower bodyfatpercentage than the kibble feeded, and i can tell you why, when is started i feed kibble and have good results, a guy i know who is a sheep breeder talk to me that he can offer me every monday and thursday bones, meat rests, the stuff inside the dog (lung, liver, kidneys, stomach etc i dont know all words in english sorry) what he normally throw in the garbage or sell it for a very small price to a middle big company, okay i try it and feed the meat only raw to my dogs and my results get down, after a research i faced my problem, and it was the lack of all in this case, so i try and learned but have my old records from the keeps i do with my dogs before on kibble feeding (some things changed in the working but the base is the same keep as i started) and i know that i not need the mylabeld "get down dogs fat phase" and it saves my about two weeks. some other tunings bring me about 3 weeks time savings.

but this is only my experience and these are very individual as we know ;) but i will do my homework about checking dogs bodyfatpercentage and to my tests on the same dog with kibble and raw feeding, and then i come back to you.

16. AGK

Like actual data that one is better than than the other backed up by case studies. Im newer to raw feeding so im no expert but i fed kibble for years and when i switch its very noticable differnce. Im on my phone now at work but i will dig around when i get home on a regular computer and see what i can find. I was showing what a male looks like here 24/7 on the chain. I keep my males 2-3 lbs over what ive determined to be their show weight on any given day. My point was, your right, that dog aint conditioned at all, so you can imagine how he looks when he is.

Limey, i dont know what was deleted but it wasnt me who deleted it.

17. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

dam fine lookin dog Limey.

18. AGK

Im pro both by the way... So im not on just one side of the fence, there are pros and cons to both but from what i see when feeding both, the pile of poo never lies.........

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2013
  19. Epona

Epona Banned

to change topic back to fastlane
    im with the sdj editor that wrote that in the may issue

[​IMG]

thats for me the base of what is fastlane in my opinion

keep your dogs in best condition

handwalk your dogs

give em the best food (for me RAW)

always fresh water.

my opinion is if you have the best basecamp and the best nutrition for your elite soldier, than go with him in what is the so called "fastlane" and try your luck with him.

or you can keep your dogs like shit (and i know yards in yu and what the sdj editor is talking about, a normal dirty junkyard where you never would place a dog will be like the ritz or hilton hotel for these dogs) and get some predators from that like some eastern eu dogs and winning in the "fastlane" with them.

i chosed my way, i want the best what i can give for my dogs and i never except less from them for that, an im fine with my results.

20. AGK

Beautiful dog by the way, i love them black n tans.